Cloning help

That damn ezclone manifold wont hook to any pump but ezclone. So i got a 880gph pond pump built a better covering manifold than the factory one and it works better now than when it was new for $350
Total cost of manifold build was under $50 including pump.

1 Like

its aeroponic. Will be better than basic bubble. Bubble works on same principal. The bubbles throw water particles on roots. Aero just uses jets and directs it better. Constantly misting or spraying roots. Fresh water and o2. I add air bubbler hose to tank just for extra o2 in water so far aeroponic has given me 100% rooting rates. Even the crap cuts root beards.

1 Like

And i use no nutrients. Cut on 45 lightly rake bottom inch dip in cloning gel set in collar and forget for a week then start lookin for roots. Ive had 100% on just clean phed water about 6.2.

1 Like

This may be the time I have to break down and get a ph meter. Iā€™ve managed great so far without one damn it.

I have a pump that I could use to make a bubble cloner, Iā€™ve been contemplating it.

@Guitarzan I love yours :slight_smile:

are you an Engineer?

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

Use peat pucks. Cheap. Easy. Reliable.

3 Likes

I have well water at my op, but I donā€™t ph water for my aerocloners (or anything else) and I usually get ~100% success rates with my cuts. Positive vibesā€¦

~nugzz

1 Like

I have well water that is hard as stone never had a problem rooting

cutz in a tubbler (aerocloners)

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

Well, I use the term bubble cloner, and aero cloner interchangeably, but I think itā€™s technically an aero cloner. A bubble cloner only uses air stones? :slight_smile:

Damn. What size pump is that? Thereā€™s an 1100 GPH pump on Amazon for $60, and Iā€™d think thatā€™d drive a pretty decent sized manifold.

It can be tricky to get one to fit any pump. Thatā€™s where that fountain kit comes into play. I use 1/2" PVC for my manifolds, and there are several sizes of adapters in there. Youā€™ll find one thatā€™ll match up to your pump.

Theyā€™re really cheap to build. I had enough spare parts to make the Kitty Cloner, I just needed a pump. I got a 550 GPH off of Amazon for $20.

That Permaclone method is the first thing thatā€™s every worked for me, but there are a many ways to perform an integumentectomy on a feline. :slight_smile: A lot of people use water only, some people just put 'em in a glass of water on a windowsill.

God isnā€™t the internet wonderful. :slight_smile: Thanks man, but youā€™d be hard-pressed to find someone more mechanically challenged than me. :laughing: Youā€™ve heard that old adage, ā€œmeasure twice cut onceā€? I measure 3 times and still have to cut twice. Itā€™s just that these are really simple to put together it makes me look like Iā€™m on the ball. :laughing:

Us too. My ppm out of the tap is around 96, which is moderately hard. According to the DEQ guy who tested water, our water has an ā€œobjectionably highā€ iron content, so we have an ionizing filter that pulls most of it out.

L8R :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

1 Like

that is me and wood measure 3 times cut once and it still to short

for the life of me if you have an 8 foot board

why canā€™t you get a 4 footer and 2 - 2 footer?

just saying it is an 8 foot board 4ā€™ +2ā€™ + 2ā€™ = 8ā€™

I let the misses do that kinda stuff

Dequilo

2 Likes

I know our tap water ranges from mid 7s to low 8s. Iā€™ve just been using bottled water, to avoid that.

1 Like

I probably will next time. I got rapid rooter this time. They are expensive.

2 Likes

Yes Siree Bob, Jiffy 7 peat pellets, powdered rooting hormone and a humidity dome.
Consistently over 90% successfully take root.

3 Likes

It was the ezclone 1125 pump for 64 and 128sites. Amazon dont stock it. Third party. Shipping etc. I did like you said. Bought a 880 pond pump for $30 on amazon n home depot the pvc. Already had spare heads for the ezclone

1 Like

Thatā€™s impressive :star_struck:

I actually do own an aerocloner already so Iā€™m gonna try that my next attempt. All my first tries turned to slimy mush. Iā€™ve cut the power si from the diet, itā€™s just working too well to get a stem to clone from. I get 1/2" bamboo shoots in no time using that stuff, Iā€™ll save for the ones going to flower.

The solution in the cloner is my next question. Iā€™m using the bio canna organic line. I have a home made rig with a two stone bubbler and fishtank heater fed with a stealth RO 150. Iā€™m thinking 1/3 h2o2 and then water with bio rhizotonic at 8 ml per gal. PH should be in the 5ā€™s for cloning correct? I donā€™t use any non organics or GH stuff so Iā€™m not sure of an apples to apples comp.

3 Likes

That Permaclone recipe is the only thing thatā€™s ever worked for me. They break the cloning solution down into 3 components, an oxidizer, a water-soluble hormone, and mineral nutrients. They list some choices under each one.

Oxidizer

• Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) : 0.1 - 0.15 mL/gal (2 - 3 drops/gal)|
  • Hypochlorous Acid (e.g. UC Roots) : 10 mL/gal|
  • 30% Peroxide (e.g. Nutrilife) : 3 mL/gal|
  • Peroxyacetic acid (e.g. Zerotol) : 2 mL/gal|

Water-soluble Hormone Solution (only use one of the 3 recommended):

• Hormex Liquid Concentrate : 3 - 5 mL/gal
  • KLN Cloning Solution : 5 - 15 mL/gal
  • Rhizopon AA Salts : 0.15 g/gal - 0.4 g/gal

Mineral Solution

• Clonex Solution : 20 - 30 mL/gal
  • Cutting Edge Solution: 2.5 mL/gal Micro, 5 mL/gal Bloom
  • General Hydroponic : 2.5 mL/gal Micro, 5 mL/gal Bloom

H2O2 is organic, I use KLN, and the GH. Iā€™d think if you could find organic products that fit those three categories it should work. I donā€™t pH the water until I start to see roots, then itā€™s 5.8. Once theyā€™re out of the cloner, I transplant them into solo cups of a slightly depleted super soil mix. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve tried everything under the sunā€¦ bubble cloner, aero cloner, permaclone recipe, water only recipe.

The only thing that works consistently for me is a rooting cube, cloning gel and a humidity dome. DONT soak your rooting cubes, DONT leave vents open on your dome, DONT let the water go dry, DONT scrape off too much skin on your clone, DONT put them under bright light, DO cut the clones near nodes, DO cut a little down the center of the stem, DO put your clones directly into a water/h2o2 solution immediately, DO use your rooting cubes at the moisture level as received from the manufacturer, DO use a rooting hormone, DO trim off large fan leaves, DO clean your dome regularly with bleach ā€¦ and most importantly DONT give up on them until a at least a month has passed. :joy:

Thatā€™s all I got. Iā€™m not very good at it, but trust me if I can do it, anyone can.

10 Likes

Try GriffenTech on aero cloner.

3 Likes

So I got hormex this morning. Figured out the h2o2 math and substituted my rhizotonic for vitamin additives. Used 1/2 oz of clear rez in 2 1/2 gallons of RO water. Iā€™ll update in 5 or 6 days.

I appreciate the help Guitarzan. Thanks :pray:t2:

3 Likes

So, when cloning with an aero cloner (clone king) i get roots but it takes a lot longer than I want (haha) 10-14 days. Is that nirmal?

Also, tem if water is around 70-80 most days mid to high 70s.

Would making the reservoir water warmer (heating pad) would that help roots grow faster, or rot?

3 Likes