Cloning help

Those are healthy plants, unlike the over fertilized haze plants you grow. Looks like you knkw a thing or two about too much N

Well at 20 days flower Iā€™d say Iā€™m on par to out yeild your haze plants :joy:

2 Likes

You sure seem like you have a lot to prove LOL. I was new to growing once, I know what your going through.

2 Likes

This is awkward. I thought we were more casual, @Farmerjoe420

I love growing your seeds but I can never be exclusive.

3 Likes

People never cease to amaze me :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well this went downhill fast.

I clone in a little Rubbermaid cloner I built myself. My secret is to use hydroton as a medium. The popping bubbles keep the hydroton moist but encourages root growth.

There are many ways to do it. If I had to do it again Iā€™d have added more sites for plants.

All the best

5 Likes

Straight clay pebbles or do you use a rockwool/similar cube to anchor it in there?

Straight clay. Itā€™s not the most user friendly medium for actual setup (pour it in etc) but Iā€™ve had good results. Iā€™ve considered the neoprene collars but I keep thinking thereā€™s something about the moisture buffer of the hydroton. Iā€™m unlikely to change unless thereā€™s some newly proven magic.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted to build myself a little aerocloner

Does anyone notice that cuttings from clones root more readily than cuttings from seed plants or is that just me?

1 Like

Itā€™s really quite easy

Small Rubbermaid
Air pump
Net pot
Hydroton.
A plastic bag to cover it all.

Iā€™ve been using it for many years.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed a difference but my numbers are pretty small to draw definite conclusions.

I tend to keep lines alive by taking clones of clones. I lack space and it works better for me.

I dunno I rooted a male seedling clone it seemed to root just as fast as the clone of a clone of a clone. I tossed it in the garbage yesterday.

I did that after watching a few videos where it was shown that clipping the big fan leaves inhibits the leaves from growing larger and forces the focus to the root development. Of course itā€™s youtube so all ā€œscienceā€ is sketchy at best.

2 Likes

Sweet, I love all the ingenuity on here!

2 Likes

This is what im setting up for a cloning machine.

the far half for the fish. The closer half for the sistersā€¦ Iā€™ve always used flouresents, but Iā€™ve got these cheap leds so in gonna try them on it.

4 Likes

Nah, donā€™t do that. Make your own!!

I have pictures of my Kitty Litter Cloner. Iā€™ll post some pictures of the bigger one too.

I got these at Amazon

Pump - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B085BSQ4HZ

Net Pots - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B073WJFHQH,

Sprayer Nozzles - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B01IR7IUHM,

Inserts - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B07KHTLWLM,

Fountain Kit - https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00ADY5PJO, all at Amazon. I got the fountain kit because it has several types of connectors for various sizes of PVC/tubing.

This is one of all the pieces, the pail, the pump, (itā€™s sitting on a piece of Plexiglas I cut to fit the bottom of the pail so the suction cups would have something to attach to), with the 1/2" PVC connector, manifold with the sprayers, the lid, inserts, and net pots. I cut the net part off of the net pots.

The pump connection is a double threaded connector with a threaded 1/2" slip fitting that the stand pipe fits into. That pic is upside down BTW. :slight_smile:

The manifold is 1/2" thick wall PVC. This is important because the sprayer threads wonā€™t bite into the thin wall pipe. The sprayers require a 5/32" hole. I have a tap & dye kit, and I used a 5X0.9 tap for the holes.

This one is of the manifold connected to the pump.

Hereā€™s the lid. I used a 2" hole saw to cut the holes. The holes arenā€™t lined out real well on this one. :upside_down_face:

And with everything in.

Itā€™ll hold 12 plants, itā€™s easy to handle, and the design is scalable. For a bigger cloner, you just need a bigger pump, a larger manifold, and more net pots, inserts, and sprayer nozzles.

I use 35% h2o2, KLN, and GH Micro, and Bloom in the cloner. The recipe is here:

Taking Cuttings & The PermaClone Recipe

I hate to buy shit that I can make myself. :slight_smile:

Good luck man!!
:guitar:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome man, thanks for sharing. Will that work better than a bubble cloner or similar?

1 Like

Yeah i just rebuilt mine. 1$120 for a damn pump. Did same built pvc manifold and new pump just using the ezclone shell now.

@Badger, I use almost exactly the same setup as @Guitarzan - down to the ā€œnetā€ being cut off the net pots so you can remove the rooted clones without damaging the roots. I use a different (simpler) nutrient recipe, though. But the setup is virtually the same - and I get 100% success out of mine. With results like that, itā€™s hard to compare it to any other setup, unless youā€™re comparing price and are willing to pay less for inferior results.

I described my setup here a few months ago:

1 Like