(Closed) Freakers African Congolese Preservation

Oh good god, I hope mine don’t do that. :see_no_evil:

Nice! Have you tried it?

Hey! I need to take some pictures and cut the male. He’s dumped most of his pollen, and it looks like about every pistil in the room is gonna produce seed lol. So far I would say everything is going really well. I’m heading to work, but I’ll try and get some pictures taken soon!

Hope everyone is ready for winter. It already snowed over a foot in one shot here, and we’ve had more snow after that. Looks like this winter thing is gonna happen again this year. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Gonna be a ton of seed on these, but I’ve really been neglecting them. This is from like a week or so ago. I think they probably have another three weeks or so left.

:v:

32 Likes

Hell yeah! The bean weight is gonna pull em over! :bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

3 Likes

I like the red stems. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Not yet ! Planning a run soon.

2 Likes

Have you run into any herm issues?

4 Likes

None!!! And they are almost finished! I’m gonna let them go another couple of weeks or so, and then I think they should be ready to harvest! :v:

22 Likes

Looking great. I love the multiple plants in one pot method. It doesn’t seem to be an issue for those beauties!

4 Likes

I also love multiple plants in one pot, and I like big pots I can not lie. However, these were pretty well neglected because of me being spread so thin. I saved some cuts, and I would like to run them again under better conditions. With that said, I’ve pulled a few seeds off. A couple were immature, but a couple were also perfectly black. So I should have a good grip of seeds, neglected or not. :+1:

Btw, not sure I mentioned I love your handle because of the Movie Coco. Not sure if that’s where you got the name from though. :v:

12 Likes

Well, this was a horrible job at keeping a journal, and I really gave the plants the bare minimum, but I have a ton of seed nonetheless.

South African Congolese, 13-16 week flower time:

49 Likes

Nice run, couldn’t tell by the seed harvest!
No the Name isn’t from coco - but I’ll have to watch it - just my normal tendencies haha, I like the sativas that make me run around like a crazy chicken!

7 Likes

What kind of smells you get from these?

5 Likes

It looks like a great run! That’s a pile of healthy looking seeds you got

4 Likes

Nice job @PlantShepherd Is this also known as Red Congolese ?

I’d be interested in trading something for a 5 or 10 pak, I know my wife likes this strain and it’s very difficult to find at all around here.

@PlantShepherd just scanned through the thread here, are you getting any aromas of chocolate, coffee at all?

Is there a sign up sheet or something :thinking: :eyes:

13 Likes

congrats !!!
Well done !!!

3 Likes

FYI - Red Congolese is one of my all time favourites. I grew out Red Congo x Green Crack a few years ago.

Its’ lineage goes back to '85 when Wick Family Farms crossed a heirloom landrace sativa ‘Congolese’ with Purple Zacatecas and then later with Highland Afghani to bring the flower time down to 12 weeks

12 Likes

@PlantShepherd Did you have a chance to sample any flowers?

4 Likes

Thanks man! I love both Coco and Book of Life.

I am the absolute worst person ever on describing smells. They do have a really different smell. Somewhat similar to Doc D’s Velvet Buzzsaw. I really don’t know how to describe it other than nothing like I smell in modern hybrids.

Thanks man! I’m stoked the seeds turned out well!

I have not heard them called red congolese. I have plenty to trade. I need to make sure I can distribute these via the Coop. I saw a thread where they were approving strains to be distributed. If they say I can send these out in boxes, I will make a sign up sheet.

Thank you sir! Upstate said they can finish quicker when going to seed, so these might be a little longer flowering time without being seeded.

I unfortunately did not. I think about every calyx had a seed in it lol. I have a couple of clones that I keep saying I’m going to flower out.

Thanks everyone! I need to get these approved by the coop committee, but I’m just insanely crazy busy in real life at the moment. :v:

17 Likes

@PlantShepherd , I think any Freakers seed run automatically gets co-op distribution if enough seeds are produced to cover the Freaker Collective first.
@TeamOG Can you confirm?

6 Likes

It’s @coopactiongroup not teamog that you need to tag for that question :wink: teamog is for the site, coopactiongroup is for the seedruns. but I do believe you are right. The freakers requirements meet the coop requirements so there shouldn’t be any issues :thinking: but likely wait for a co-op action group member to reply.

15 Likes