Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

Oh, I dunno, I’d probably keep them just as close as the t5…

1 Like

When rooting low light level is best. I have never tried under LED’s either, cause I do not have any. Had I an LED damn skippy I would clone under it. I place my rooting cuts out of direct light, off to one side until they throw roots.

I have rooted in water, never changed it either, nothing in it, straight from my tap, took 2.5 weeks to throw roots but the cuts stayed healthy and never wilted.

4 Likes

I’ve done the same thing, tap water, glass and window sill, took, just as long as you said, just over 2 weeks

2 Likes

Thats what Ive been doing… All new to me. Thanks for your reply buddy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting Jetdro… Thanks for sharing your experience.

1 Like

What I did for my last cuttings with the Platinum 400, 30" away but that’s got more umph than those ones.

1 Like

Ya, these are actually 15 watters with the equivelancy of running 30 watt leds… So, Iam running 60 watts over them…

I just wanted to make sure Im not causing any harm to my girls. :wink:

1 Like

Well, its Sunday, and so all my girls, and houseplants just received their bi-weekly(Sunday"s and Wednesday’s) 1/4 teaspoon feeding… What a difference giving them less food, and/or smaller portions.

Changed out the dwc hydro buckets as well…

Even sprayed all plants for any possible predators… Preventive maintenance.

So far, we’re looking pretty damn good… One happy camper! :grinning::+1:

6 Likes

Cindy wanted to say hello! :blush:

Glass Slipper… 11 days into flowering.

5 Likes

That is a very nice looking lady you have there!!!

1 Like

Well, Thank ya kindly… :slight_smile:

Yes I have rooted under LEDs. You need a remarkably small number if watts to do it. I’ve found too much light will encourage the plant to try and grow, usually growing yellow in the process. I keep my mothers under just 14 watts of LED lighting.

4 Likes

Ok… Im running dual 48"(tubes) 15 watt led bulbs thats supposed to put out the equivelance of a 30 watt bulb. Do you think thats overkill? and if you were me, how much distance from the top of the clones? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

At that wattage, try about 18" and see how they respond. :+1::seedling:

I just cut these, they are under about 48-watts of COBs at about 36" away.

1 Like

Real good. Appreciate ya Man. Have a great evening :relaxed::+1:

1 Like

The old 2’ flouros work great for that, the older the tubes the better.

3 Likes

I do not even place mine under the lights, but outside the frames foot print. I use T5’s so that means the cuts are actually sitting on the out side of the edge of the light frame. They get plenty of light like that. I either place to the sides, or a foot or so off the ends. Too much light causes them to try and grow vertical rather than down, like ReikoX has said.

3 Likes

Your right buddy! Never had a problem with em in all my years… I never thought id go out and purchase an led light setup, … it was the heat of the moment, I swear!..lol

I like old cars, old motorcycles, old houses, old styles of grow lights, old electronics, tubes, and all dat!.. etc etc… Im straight up old school.

Btw, the last set I had, was still running strong 5 years later!.. The older the better, your right! :smile:

But knowing me, Im interested in everything. Had to try it.

2 Likes

Glass slipper chronicles! :wave::smile:

Breakfast of Champions!

8 Likes

Heres an old photo of Cinderella 99 F1 growing in the back… And the shorter plants in the front are Glass Slippers…

Big difference after adding the Northern Lights #5 Indica strain.

I grew just the C99F1 by herself, for about a year, and ceased operation. Grew like a blackberry bush, then way up into the lights! … No Thanks! :unamused:

I think I picked out the perfect strain to cross with a C99… Good luck in finding the Northern Lights #5. Its impossible. :unamused:

WARNING: If someone wanted to grow only the C99, then make sure you put her into flower right away! This strain will literally take over if ya dont!! :hushed:

8 Likes