Cobs or Solstrips or Qboards?

Hi everyone, I’m new to Overgrow. I’m starting to contemplate designing a grow cab. I’m in the UK and have made cabs with cfl’s in the past. I’m moving with the times and have chosen leds as the light source. Want some quality nugs instead of the fluffy popcorn I had with the cfl cab in the past.

I have a tent which i used HPS (still got balasts and cooltube reflector), but want a cab for stealth reasons.

The rough footprint would be 700 x 350mm (2 x 1ft). Haven’t decided on hight. Plan to grow in a scrog style and probably soil or coco for the medium.

So guys and girls what would you say was the way to go?

3 Likes

I’d go with Solsticks in a frame for a space that size mate. It wouldn’t cost that much and you could add more later if you wanted to.SolstripsUK @anon58740919 has em in stock i think but you could give him a shout for more info.

2 Likes

@Albannach thanks I didn’t know they were stocked in the UK. Been trying to find a UK vendor for them.

4 Likes

Your timing is perfect because so have a great many of us and our man @anon58740919 has secured the rights to sell em and has just got the first batch of strips in stock so i wouldn’t hang around lol

2 Likes

Welcome @Suggz

You are getting very close now.

4 Likes

UK vendor launched in the past couple of days bro had to get all the boxes signed etc but now we’re there shoot me a pm bro.

Plenty more sinks and strips too

6 Likes

Is that why I have to wait for my strips to ship? :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

It’s sorted dude colas done it for us :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, he’s got the strips on his side of the pond. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
Waiting on the slow boat from China to get them in the US.

6 Likes

Sorry bro. We’ve invested a lot in our fellow uk growers in true OG fashion but yeah I think we bought the lot bro

3 Likes

Yeh but you guys had em first, they only just got here and we already want more cos we know a good thing, i think :yum:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: they just shipped!

3 Likes

Patience aint my strong point either so i feel your pain bro :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Has @baudelaire not got the x3’s available stateside? I thought you’d be jumping on them @ReikoX I’m tempted for my own just because 36v all over my light would please me ha

3 Likes

I ordered these before he announced the X3, plus I already have the 48v drivers for the light I’m duplicating.

3 Likes

What kinda rig you running? I still need to find that wiring harness post. As good a light as I build. My cable management skills are poor af. I’m sending @Albannach the 36v I have spare so they can remain a dream for now. My lights hardly struggling. Itching to kick the cobs on

2 Likes

This Post by @Roux will make you feel invalid as far as cable management. >.<

2 Likes

I have a 9 strip array. 3 4000K on a 120-watt driver and six 2700K on a 240-watt driver. This is in my 30"x30"x30" cab. My wiring is just wago connectors, nobody will see them.

3 Likes

@Jellypowered that’s the post I actually meant. Sorry @Roux I got you mistaken with @ReikoX but now I’ve seen both builds again your threads are where I spent a long while before i built my own.

Plus your names are all vowels and consonants that are pretty similar ha

2 Likes

I got in a hurry and done that been there :blush:

2 Likes