Ere's a good light 4 u. Let's call it ebeneezer

Had an order from @Esrgood4u for an 11 strip 500w non dimmable light. And a request for a thread to document the build for him to reference.

6 x 2700k

5 x 5000k

1 metre rack design.

Updates as I go. The driver and more m3 screws today. So we can start by mounting the strips to sinks this evening.

15 Likes

This should be good. :popcorn::ok_hand:

5 Likes

:movie_camera: :popcorn:

5 Likes

I can’t wait to give it a run. Pictures to follow @anon58740919?? Remember you said you’d create thread about how the drivers work for these lights. Itching here :rofl:

7 Likes

500w non dimmable driver.

Chvrches on YouTube. The music is good but Lauren Mayberry is better. Oh and heatsinks at the ready.

See…heatsinks :wink:

6x2700k

5x5000k strips at the ready.

That’s my toolkit this evening. Yep. A bike tool :sunglasses:
Silicon based thermal paste from farnell.
M3 x 6mm Allen head bolts from kayfast.
M3 nylon washers from eBay. (Important af if you’re using metal screws).

Just having a Doobie and I’ll get to cracking on the mounting.

12 Likes

Wow. That workshop of yours is the nuts mate. Id have been sat over a coffee table with a grinder and mikita drill if i was building my own.

4 Likes

Nylon washers and m3 nuts. Up close shot and all that :rofl:

Paste spreaded. Nice thin even layer serves you best here.

Turning screws gently until you literally start to feel any resistance on the tightening. Then STOP
Any more will likely cause you issues you really don’t want to see when you fire your light up.

1 of 11 now mounted :sunglasses:

@Esrgood4u cheers mate it’s only a little shed in my garden but great things happen here. (At least in my little bubble)

11 Likes

As long as that’s the only nuts we get a close up of :rofl:
By the quality of the products and the workmanship you provide I’m glad I decided to go pre built @anon58740919. I’ve a feeling this build will be a work of art mate. I appreciate both you and your services. :+1:

8 Likes

11 strips mounted. As soon as the angle arrives we will see some form but for now it’s progress

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: I think I’m falling in love haha. Trust me when I tell you this light will be used not only to grow some nice smoke but also it will help make mine, my dog and my sister in laws (cancer sufferer that’s in remission now) life more comfortable with the Charlotte’s Angel I’ll be growing under it.

4 Likes

Aswell as keeping your bills down for electric. I wasn’t even going to do any more full builds but your banter in things that make you go hmmmm swung the yes for me :wink: can’t wait to see what you can do with it. If I carry on at this speed and the rest of the materials arrive. We might have illumination before the weekend is out

5 Likes

Fingers crossed mate but please don’t let my build effect your normal daily life. I’m itching to pop these beans I have and I can start them off under my meizhi 600 if need be. We have plenty of time as I’m still waiting on one or two other upgrades I’ve ordered for my grow area arriving. :+1:

3 Likes

It won’t affect my day to day life bro don’t panic. Gonna kick a chill for the evening now. Will update tomorrow if the angle arrives. I like symmetry a lot. Measures on the spacing is my favourite bit :rofl:

4 Likes

I can see the OCD in how well the strips are mounted onto the heatsinks mate lol. I’ve found that if you want a job doing correctly to hire someone with the OCD issue :rofl: you want a job?? :rofl:

3 Likes

Depends what it’s doing :joy: a blessing and a curse sometimes but a fucking bonus for whoever does hire me…it has been previously noted :rofl:

4 Likes

It would take you too long to get up the ladder as you’d be counting every step and measuring the hight as you went. :rofl:

3 Likes

Looking good as usual bro I’ll come see you tomorrow speak about a few things :laughing:

4 Likes

Some maths now for you boffs in preparation for tomorrow.

Each heatsink is 27.6mm wide

27.6 x 11=276

1000mm - 276mm = 724mm

724mm÷11 = 65.18mm

65.18mm = distance between each strip.

I’ll cut a spacing jig before I start to mark up to make life easier.

(We just have to hope the stock metal shop can actually cut a legit measure otherwise these maths are pointless)

3 Likes

So these solstrips will be running on a 500w driver. In the future when my bank account isn’t as lite as it is at the minute can I invest in a larger dimmable driver and run them harder or is the 500w maxing the 11 solstrips out?

1 Like

Pretty much running at max these mate. They’re 48w a strip so technically maximum would be 528w for 11 strips. In the future for your space I would recommend a similar rack and lower the power over 2 drivers. I would usually recommend 10 strips at 320w but you approached me with the wattage/£ issues so many face and this is the best compromise available imho

6 Likes