(complete) Sheelavathi Seed Run

No apology needed, easy to do……

3 Likes

Done, plus 10 chars.

3 Likes

I have a great update for you. The plants are now starting to show sex. So far there are about 5 females showing and 2 males. So I am amazed and excited that one of the males is this beauty:

The other male is also a multi branched plant that should lead to good progeny. So far I have seen no hermaphrodites but I wouldn’t really expect to at this point in the game. But I will certainly keep an eye out for it.
That’s all for pictures for now and will give a better representation of things in my next update.

If you haven’t signed up yet just go to the first post in this thread to do so. If you don’t you surely will be missing out on some unique and exciting genetics………….

60 Likes

@Oldjoints Was that plant topped, or does it naturally have that structure?

1 Like

It was topped but some of these plants do have this type of structure naturally.

7 Likes

I’m excited! Yay!
raw-1

4 Likes

I’d be excited if I had that male as well!

5 Likes

That’s a handsome boy, bruddah. You should be a proud Daddy!

5 Likes

Big ole boy there, he must be from Texas :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Good looking stud!

1 Like

Beautiful!

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Amazing heirloom strain to have a seed run done with! Thankyou for the collaboration @Tracker and @Oldjoints , your hard work and time is greatly appreciated :pray: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Whats chars? Seen that word twice lately. Maybe both times chatting to you.
That male plant @Oldjoints. Whatta beaut!!

5 Likes

Thank you!
Chars stands for characters, you have to have at least 10 characters for the post to actually go on the board…. @Upstate

7 Likes

Lol… chars

2 Likes

I collect landraces… , never heard of this.
Would be nice to put my fingers in them.
Have a good crop.

3 Likes

@PAFH99 It’s the Ganja

2 Likes

South India is full of landraces that a lot of people have never heard of. So many, in fact, that they don’t even have names, or named only after where they were grown.

8 Likes

@Piter you’re a member, which means you’re at TL2.
There are still spots open on the list, so click the orange pen and paper icon at the top right of the first post, click edit wiki, and put your username and country flag next to one of the numbers.
Then immediately go read THIS and THIS so you don’t look dumb when it’s time for seeds to be distributed in the Spring.

4 Likes

Sheelavathi is a very interesting strain.

It is one of the few Indian strains that has been bred, and as far as anyone knows it was bred from local landraces. Not Dutch or California stuff.

Almost all of India’s strains are still landraces. Most of them are pretty low potency and aren’t strong enough for modern consumers. The sheelavathi has bigger tops, faster flowering, and higher potential for potency. It is an interesting stepping stone on a path I figure will disappear.

India is going to change quickly. The demand for good weed in India is incredible, and the prices for it are insane. $20 a gram in a place where an engineer makes $400 a month! I foresee a big wave of young Indians growing in hoop houses like in Cali, or small indoor grows.

It is such a wildly different culture it is difficult to guess how it will unfold, but one thing is certain. It is going to change and change fast.

15 Likes