(complete) Sheelavathi Seed Run

Nope I haven’t grown this strain before. I have grown long flowering sativa’s but not this one.
As far as when I will take them down, the only plan I have is to do it when the seeds are mature. I am not really growing these for flower and after getting the seeds out the bud isn’t good for much except some bubble. Don’t get me wrong I WILL smoke a joint of it regardless! But I will most likely make bubble with what gets harvested. And I am sure save a little bud so @Tracker can try it……

18 Likes

Maybe a small seedless cutting for a sample is in order😁 are you taking one from each plant ?

10 Likes

I didn’t think of that! I am going to be topping these so that may be the way to go……. Thanks for the idea bro!

9 Likes

It would give us a very accurate representation of the quality of your genetics😁, not to mention you will get to smoke something for your efforts. It’s a win-win for everybody!

10 Likes

A quick update on the plants:

I have one little one that isn’t progressing (in cup in first picture), time will tell if it is worth keeping.

41 Likes

I see two phenotypes, bushy and spindly atm.

3 Likes

Here are the little ones now:

Some varied pheno’s:

And this pheno has my undivided attention because it is growing horizontal and not something I would expect from a Sativa Landrace:

44 Likes

Creeper phenos pop up in sativas once in a while

This is the Swazi creeper pheno from BOEL Hawaiian

41 Likes

What is BOEL?

3 Likes

Brotherhood of Eternal Love

They were smugglers, breeders, and chemists.
They started the industry of hash oil - they had huge labs around the world, most notably in Afghanistan, starting back in the late 60s/early 70s.

This movie was actually a cover for their smuggling. They shot a bunch of stock film footage and used the film containers to smuggle back hash and seeds, knowing customs wouldn’t open film containers since it would ruin the film.

They also had a big operation selling surfboards that were filled with hash oil to smuggle in-between countries.
They distributed LSD for Nick Sands and Tim Scully, while also making their own acid.

23 Likes

https://www.stitcher.com/show/cannthropology/episode/hashish-hawaii-the-hippie-mafia-episode-8-203514874

https://www.worldofcannabis.museum/post/travis-brotherhood

The seeds I got from them are 1968-1971

28 Likes

Thanks for the amazing piece of history, brother…

5 Likes

Lol, I heard a rumour about them a long time ago. Apparently they used to be real big into “tents”. I read that these guys invented glamping…they had tents with ac/heat, hot tubs, grow rooms; the works. Then they just pack up and keep at it :yum:…yeah interesting times!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Thanks for the bit of history on BOEL.

4 Likes

Here is a quick update:

52 Likes

Your sideways grower is a funky looker.

7 Likes

Yea that’s one funky monkey…….

6 Likes

Those are some fun looking plants! :+1:

3 Likes

Found this thread finally. Interested in the Sheelavathi strain. Seems like it has quite a starry eyed past.

7 Likes

Looking good! Loving that creeper pheno in particular. Makes for some super yielders from what I understand. The plants don’t need to make the branches so sturdy to hold up the buds because they are supported by the ground. First time I’ve ever seen this trait so extreme. Very interesting.
Sheeloctopus.

20 Likes