Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

What’s with all the withdrawn posts?

1 Like

I said sumthin’ dumb so deleted it.

7 Likes

Fairly concerning when we’re hoping for a recession instead of a depression isn’t it…

4 Likes

Well if that’s criteria, I’ll be here all day deleting stuff!

6 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (3/20):

• NYC Mayor de Blasio says “we are now the epicenter of the crisis.”
  • Staffer for VP Pence test positive; White House says “no close contact”
  • Hong Kong reports largest daily jump in cases on record as travelers revive outbreak
  • NY rolls out restrictive new measures
  • NY case total tops 7k
  • Italy says Army will help enforce lockdown, effectively declaring martial law; might extend lockdown through early May
  • Spain death toll cracks 1,000
  • Italy reports another 627 deaths
  • Confirmed cases in US pass 14k
  • Drive thru testing site in NJ’s Bergen County has a line that’s over 1,000+ cars long
  • Switzerland bars all gatherings of more than 5 people
  • Trump says no plans for national lockdown
  • Germany to pass ‘shadow’ budget on Monday
  • EU suspends budget rules
  • Bavaria becomes first German state to impose ‘lockdown’
  • Johnson says UK can defeat virus in 12 weeks if ‘we work together’
  • Treasury now moving back both filing & payment deadlines for 2019
  • Novartis will donate up to 130 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to support global response
  • NBC News employee succumbs to virus
  • Dr. Fauci says social distancing should continue for several weeks
  • MTA confirms it has 23 sick workers
  • US, Mexico agree to shut southern border
  • China makes first purchase under ‘Phase 1’ trade deal
  • Altria chairman & CEO tests positive
  • Military confirms 35 American troops infected in Europe

Confirmed: 275,427 Deceased: 11,397

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID19 - Should we be sharing postage right now?

Going by the numbers in your post this is up to a 4.15% kill rate… and people still think it’s not as bad as the flu

8 Likes

The kill rate is going to be skewed as they aren’t doing wide spread testing yet. I’m sure when more start getting tested the infected will go way way way up. If you’re only testing the severely I’ll of course it’s going to look real bad. It’s either going to stay consistent or a glimmer of hope

7 Likes

Very true. So many people that have mild cases are not even tested. Not to mention asymptomatic.

7 Likes

12 weeks.
IF we work together.
(Polticalese – Good news multiply by 2. Bad news, divide by 3.)
Got that everybody?

6 Likes

So here’s a kicker… with the max 50 people at a gathering thing… I was driving home from work which passes through a reserve. And all the parking around the long house was full… minimum 50 cars. Just like it was any other day

It’s the same in most of Europe actually.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Wake up call for the youngins!

"By SCOTT SONNER
Associated Press

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Health officials say the number of coronavirus cases in Nevada has reached 109. That includes the first cases in rural Nye and Elko counties. One death has been reported in Clark County. More than 70 cases have been confirmed in Clark County and nearly 20 in Washoe County. Other cases were reported in the four-jurisdiction area reporting to Carson City Health and Human Services _ Carson City, Douglas, Lyon and Storey counties. Just 5% percent of cases are among Nevadans under 20 Cases are spread fairly evenly among all the other ages categorized in 10 year groups ranging from 10% for 70 and over, to 14% for 30-39.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission."

NOTE: as of this morning, we have over 160 cases in Nevada!

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: On the edge, too much Corona

I’d rather catch coronavirus. Lmfao. All jokes aside tho, I’d rather burn my house down than breathe sage smoke. Lol…

3 Likes

You don’t smoke it, you waft it about :smirk:

4 Likes

“We’ve been on the front edge of being aggressive, and we’re going to continue to be. And we’re always mindful of how important it is to be swift about it, as well, so we’re looking at all of these developments,” Whitmer told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Friday afternoon.

“The information is changing literally by the minute. And I would anticipate additional orders coming out of my office and in the minutes, hours and days ahead.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/20/whitmer-more-open-stay-home-order-michigan/2887449001/

Whitmer wavering on “no lockdown” order.

Which sucks for me because I have a biopsy scheduled for next week and have to return to the city from my bugout.
Get ready, Michigan.

7 Likes

It is immensely frustrating when people keep saying China has got this virus totally licked…no new cases.

China controls what is said about China. They have their own media and internet and firm controls on both. We’re supposed to believe the virus originated in China, spread to every province before the shutdown, and is now not a thing anymore, so much so they’re tearing down hospitals? Does anyone else find it strange there is almost no news at all coming from China that isn’t positive virus reports?

Meanwhile, Italy is reporting exponential growth and heavy casualties, but we can mostly trust the Italian media, and we share the internet with Italy, controlling information would be nearly impossible. China, with triple the US population in the same area, has no new cases. I doubt it, immensely.

13 Likes

I have a feeling that the amount of suicides due to the finacial situation are going to out weigh the amount of deaths the virus is responsible for.

5 Likes