Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: On the edge, too much Corona

I’d rather catch coronavirus. Lmfao. All jokes aside tho, I’d rather burn my house down than breathe sage smoke. Lol…

3 Likes

You don’t smoke it, you waft it about :smirk:

4 Likes

“We’ve been on the front edge of being aggressive, and we’re going to continue to be. And we’re always mindful of how important it is to be swift about it, as well, so we’re looking at all of these developments,” Whitmer told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Friday afternoon.

“The information is changing literally by the minute. And I would anticipate additional orders coming out of my office and in the minutes, hours and days ahead.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/20/whitmer-more-open-stay-home-order-michigan/2887449001/

Whitmer wavering on “no lockdown” order.

Which sucks for me because I have a biopsy scheduled for next week and have to return to the city from my bugout.
Get ready, Michigan.

7 Likes

It is immensely frustrating when people keep saying China has got this virus totally licked…no new cases.

China controls what is said about China. They have their own media and internet and firm controls on both. We’re supposed to believe the virus originated in China, spread to every province before the shutdown, and is now not a thing anymore, so much so they’re tearing down hospitals? Does anyone else find it strange there is almost no news at all coming from China that isn’t positive virus reports?

Meanwhile, Italy is reporting exponential growth and heavy casualties, but we can mostly trust the Italian media, and we share the internet with Italy, controlling information would be nearly impossible. China, with triple the US population in the same area, has no new cases. I doubt it, immensely.

13 Likes

I have a feeling that the amount of suicides due to the finacial situation are going to out weigh the amount of deaths the virus is responsible for.

5 Likes

Just gave away about half or our N95 masks to local front-line workers.

They are experiencing severe shortages (as in none available).

F the planners. What happens when you hire MBAs to manage risk.

13 Likes

I would also like to do the same. Who did you contact? Did you just drive there and drop off?

6 Likes

A call for help (community member) was sent out on another forum I frequent.

I’d think they (health care facilities) would appreciate a donation directly but I’d be wary of them not going to where they are actually needed. Some suggest a local chuch is a good way to get them to the right places.

8 Likes

@vernal
You might find this article interesting :

5 Likes

Can I get a source that isn’t Zerohedge? ZH is a bit tinfoily for my tastes. Lots of conspiracy talk in the first few paragraphs, I can barely wade through the million things that need a fact check in the first few paragraphs.

4 Likes

ZH mainly does reprints, the original author is usually at the page top.

3 Likes

The dude that owns a couple laundromats nearby died unexpectedly just a couple days ago. Not an athlete or anything, but young enough, and with enough money that he wasn’t eating garbage. Nobody knows what happened, yet.

4 Likes

Latest via Zerohedge (3/21):

• Massive surge in number of deaths and cases in UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, and France
  • New York, New Jersey deaths, cases accelerate;
  • NY Gov Cuomo: “months, not weeks” to control virus
  • NYC airspace closed after positive Air Traffic Controller test
  • NJ declares full state lockdown; “will take action” for people not following precautions
  • FDA authorizes first 45-minute COVID-19 test
  • US Fiscal Aid package around $2 trillion (10% of GDP), Kudlow
  • Officials increasingly calling for the cancellation of the Tokyo Olympics

Confirmed: 306,395 Deceased: 13,031

Also of interest, US shelter in place orders active in (refer to the State governmental website for detailed information about specific locales and duration) hyperlinked:

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Louisiana
Maine
New Jersey
New York

10 Likes

Anyone still on the fence my wife is getting paper work on Monday to be able to travel to deliver mail she also said they are being informed they will at some point be delivering food and medicine they may also be receiving hazard pay… my state Missouri dead in the middle of the country will be shut down Monday

9 Likes

Even if your not worried about the virus prepare for the stupid cause the crazies are gonna come out the wood work

10 Likes

Amazon is completely sold out of pasta and chocolate chips. 2 month lead time.

6 Likes

I fear this is a multi month dig in more than that I fear what world emerges from this

8 Likes

Thank you @Northern_Loki for posting the zerohedge stuff. :v:

6 Likes

hell ya…its only begun

4 Likes