Covid-19 check in

We’re kicking Alberta’s ass on infections 87 in 13k, and that’s going to soar…

New immigrants who work at a plant, where there’s an outbreak, wives almost all work in healthcare or childcare. Usually 1-2 temporary foreign workers in the house (one of my old neighbours - 8 adults 2 kids in a 2 bedroom basement suite). Half the town is going to be closed soon I’m sure.

Gotta love the TFW program and letting large employers bring in large populations of workers and pay them less than minimum wage - forcing them to live in cramped conditions as a result… Add in the necessary carpooling because they can’t afford vehicles…

Just a big ol’ facepalm all around.

5 Likes

Would that be near Fort Mac?

Cheers
G

1 Like

Nah the place that likes to flood :joy:

2 Likes

:thought_balloon: @Northern_Loki
I think this is where you use your moderator powers to [cough, ahem] split this topic :bread: :baguette_bread: :bread: :baguette_bread: :bread: :baguette_bread: :bread: :baguette_bread: :bread: :baguette_bread: :bread: :baguette_bread:

Maybe it’s just me… :joy: :v:

:evergreen_tree: :cookie: :relaxed:

4 Likes

It is ok guys, i dont mind the off topic bit. Im a pizza baker so its right up my alley

Also, regardless of what ur posting at least we know you’re safe…

6 Likes

Moved the bread stuff away from the bread anti’s :bread: :angry: :upside_down_face::grinning:

7 Likes

Oh boy i honestly didn’t realize i would have started a bread topic i was just proud of my bread :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

So I’m about a month In of staying at home NO ONE IS SICK HOORAYYYYY

We’ve been getting food delivery or curbside pick up. Table set up in garage everything gets put on the table 1 person unloads 1 person disinfects 1 person brings disinfected items in the house.
It’s definitely a hassle but it seems necessary.
No such thing as too cautious when it comes to Shit like this

I’ve Only left for pharmacy needs using a mask bringing Clorox wipes i decided gloves were a false sense of security after seeing a video of a nurse explaining cross contamination and showing it with green paint eye opening to say the least. I kinda already understood cross contamination working in the food industry but idk seein it like that is like “whoa”.

When is it safe to go back to work? That’s the million dollar question. No one knows I’m itching to go back to work tho.

13 Likes

Saw this today and figured i should share it

12 Likes

14 Likes

Agreed 20…

Hi all! We hope everyone is healthy and sane. Our quarantine clock keeps getting reset, so I quit counting. Mrs. Yoop & I are kinda enjoying the solitude. Weird??? We’ve been going on “Kush Bush Cruises” (up to 80 miles), every few days to break the monotony and enjoy nature. The U.P. hasn’t been hit bad yet, but there’s little testing done. Our population is 310,000, with 61 confirmed cases & 9 deaths. Percentage of population tested ??? Hoping for the Best! Be Free, Be Safe! :heart:

8 Likes

“We are not all in the same boat, we are in the same storm”
WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT

I heard that we are in the same boat.

But it’s not like that.

We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat.

Your ship can be shipwrecked and mine might not be.

Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal: moment of reflection, of re-connection.

Easy, in flip flops, with a whiskey or tea.

For others, this is a desperate crisis.

For others it is facing loneliness.

For some, a peace, rest time, vacation.

Yet for others, torture: How am I going to pay my bills?

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it; some are not sure their loved ones are going to make it, and some don’t even believe this is a big deal.

Some of us who are well now may end up experiencing it, and some believe they are infallible and will be blown away if or when this hits someone they know.

Some have faith in God and expect miracles during this 2020.

Others say the worse is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat.

We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

And each one will emerge, in his own way, from that storm.

Some with a tan from their pool. Others with scars on the soul (for invisible reasons).

It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, more than looking, seeing.

See beyond the political party, beyond religion, beyond the nose on your face.

Do not underestimate the pain of others if you do not feel it.

Do not judge the good life of the other, do not condemn the bad life of the other.

Don’t be a judge.

Let us not judge the one who lacks, as well as the one who exceeds him.

We are on different ships looking to survive.

Let everyone navigate their route with respect, empathy and responsibility.

–Author unknown

17 Likes

Very nice, good summary.

7 Likes

20 days later is he buried in the back yard yet?

I must ask what was your clown name…clowns the only thing I fear besides the government

1 Like

I would dress as a jester. My clown name was Juxtapose.

6 Likes

I think I’ve forgotten how to talk to people face to face. I tried the other day and it was awkward and strange. And that was with my sister.

10 Likes
1 Like

Would be very nice if it does what they say

2 Likes