Crazee Mites now available in the USA

These mites recently I think became available in the US and I was watching stuff about them on YouTube and a couple other places. These are the most effective and and flat out merciless bad ass’s it seems and sounds like nightmare for the bad guys if they were to have to come across these.
I don’t need this level of killing machines since hypoaspis miles takes care of fungus gnats for me but I’m curious to see if anyone who continually fights spider mites and aphids etc has or will try them and see how well they work.
https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=ANYSTIS+BACCARUM+-+CRAZEE+MITE
Seems at the moment this may be the only supplier for the US.

15 Likes

Oooh I’d try em out! Thanks for sharing this is very cool, especially for those that can’t get rid of them.

2 Likes

Very Interesting. Though I prefer zero bugs in my space. Except for the occasional house spider, I think I’m good. But if worse came to worse, I guess I’d give em a go! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I as a small home grower for a number of years have only had two spotted borg once and I simply nuked it from orbit chemically and replaced my tent and pretty much everything.
If heaven forbid (there is a joke there eh?) got a dose of them I’d try these in a minute. The hypoaspis miles do a great job in my space for gnats and it’s very rare to see one but I do buy a new batch when I put new 5 gallon bags in tents for next round and shake some on all moms containers. The hypoaspis live on decaying plant and soil matter in my mix in absence of fungus gnat larvae but are not the best choice for the borg and the CrazeeMites don’t stick around if prey is not available from what I gather.
I frequently use a scope like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09VPP5G59?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
to see them tromping around looking for gnat larvae and they work and I scoop them off and move them to new moms until I order fresh reinforcements about 3 times a year for a about $35 delivered via 2 day since they are perishable. At least for tent sized spaces like mine it’s the only IPM I use. Once they hit the beach no more care is needed.
Nice to know I can if needed call in the bug equivalent seal team 6 crazee mites to take out the bad guys.

1 Like

Yikes :grimacing: don’t want none of them in my tent :tent::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very interesting good luck with your topic.

1 Like

the problem with using bugs to fight bugs is well…poop. you’re just bringing more poop and bug carcasses to the table. maybe if you were going to wash anyway, but you might be doing that already if you have a lot of bugs.

2 Likes

If you had all of these bugs shit in a portajohn for the entire grow and dumped the whole pile you would need a microscope to see the pile. There is more random dust and particles in the air that end up on plants that far outweigh any poop. Not to mention decaying plant matter and anything else.

The hypoaspis miles are strictly in the top half inch or so of soil and don’t climb up plants. That’s why they work so well for fungus gnats by eating eggs and larvae so the gnats never really get a foothold. I don’t have to mess with dunks or sticky strips. Last time I brought in gifted clones I used the spider mite predators in the slow release satchets and I saw a few under a scope in the satchets but after a couple weeks if there is nothing for them to eat the die off or move on if outdoors. I put some on my container veggies outside as well but have not looked for any left.

I want to try them but $50 + $40 shipping is pretty pricey for 50 mites! Is this the only place that sells them?

I am considering a total reset and nuclear blast but maybe this would work. I have had good luck with washing plants and use johnnys spray recipe. But they keep coming back! I am tired of the battle but it has gotten me 5 plants through flower. The original plan was to keep fighting until everything is done but I am tired and still have lots of plants that havent even gone in to flower yet.

I don’t need them but have been curious about them and from what I saw they only in the last few months were approved for the USA. Yup pricey for sure and I’m watching from afar to see how they are received by growers.

2 Likes