Curious:Freezer curing buds

I think they call it Fresh Frozen.Been curious about it but I just mastered curing in the jar and I’m already stuck in my ways.The frozen to me seemed bizarre

2 Likes

Fresh frozen is used to make bubble hash and once frozen is ready to use, no curing involved. Freshly cut buds go straight to the freezer in zip locs.

2 Likes

I thought people used the fresh frozen for live resin. I admittedly have not done a lot of research, but I had also heard of people using a freezing process specifically to cure, which is what I think @George posted up there.

2 Likes

Live rosin is made from the bubble hash that your fresh frozen made.

3 Likes

This is much different than the way I have made bubble hash

https://www.bubblebag.com/instructions_bubblebags.html

2 Likes

To address your original question. I searched Freezer cure, and a few people have touched on it throughout different threads. Here’s an example

4 Likes

Thank you man,lot of Infos from you. :top:

2 Likes

I personally love the live resin extracts. The flavor is alot better in my opinion, plus it just hits different.

2 Likes

don’t see were freezing bud can cure them - they are frozen and can’t “emit” gas-es that are a necesary part of curring - many freeze trim for bubble hash, ect but frezzing doesn’t cure buds

2 Likes

They are vacuum frozen. Freezing them makes water chrystalize outward and evaporate then brought to room temp to get more out under vacuum.
Once its dry you cure it by adding humidity.
I think that’s how they do pharma bud.

3 Likes

It’s more freeze drying than curing from my understanding. Neat stuff but I can’t see spending $3000 to dry my weed.

3 Likes

i have 100% been in love with cold curing, i dont think freeze curing would work.

2 Likes

What’s cold curing?

2 Likes

@ReikoX has one hell of thread on this stuff. Maybe he can swing by when he gets the time and post a link. Very good read

4 Likes

Thank you Corey :100:

1 Like

There is a thread on ICMag about curing in the freezer. Never done it myself.

5 Likes

Good info about the processes involved with rosin and resin

1 Like

Search Freeze Dried Marijuana…
One of the results…Freeze Drying & Crop-to-Cure™ – The Original Resinator

2 Likes

I tried it with some trim, sticking it in an ordinary freezer. Takes a long time for the moisture to get drawn out. Unless you get it dry, when it thaws it is like freezer burned spinach. I would like it to work, I just do not think it is practical in a normal freezer.

1 Like

around 4c or so.

2 Likes