Curious:Freezer curing buds

I tried it with some trim, sticking it in an ordinary freezer. Takes a long time for the moisture to get drawn out. Unless you get it dry, when it thaws it is like freezer burned spinach. I would like it to work, I just do not think it is practical in a normal freezer.

1 Like

around 4c or so.

2 Likes

How’s that?Is the cure any good?
@lotus710

you are right never tought of Vacum pags they would be my next choice for long term stroage

2 Likes

oh its amazing forsure! bit of extra work but i love it!

3 Likes

How Is It done?Can I have a link or explanation?
@lotus710

2 Likes

thanks for the link - interesting - learned something new - that’s whats great about this site --FULL of information

2 Likes

When I first started growing my own, I never had enough to store. After I got my feet under me, I found that keeping my cured weed in masons, in the freezer, kept it spongy, fragrant, sticky, even after 7-8 months of being frozen.
That same jar in my cabinet would just keep curing until it went to far, and then it becomes Pennsylvania dispensary weed.
PA shop buds, SUCKS BIGBIG! It is bone assed dry, has zero flavors, and the oils are almost nonexistent.
So cure the bud and smoke them. Or cure the buds and freeze them to hold them perfectly.
And any body telling you freezers hurt buds, has not worked them properly IMHO. I’ve used the freezer as a long term storage for 17+years. Use the tools around you.
IF you want to crush up buds fast, like when I make bubble hash, fresh freeze, then right from the freezer, the frozen matter crushes very easy by hand, into a 5 gallon bubble bag, set up. Saves me time, gives me a better return.

5 Likes

Awesome infos
@webeblzr

1 Like

idk of a link, but i just put my jars in a minifridge. take out and warm to room temp before burping for condensation purposes.

2 Likes