Dake 10 ton rosin press new under $100.00

@Instg8ter, we haven’t seen an update from you on this. Your press should have arrived 2 days ago, right?

@Buzzer777 just posted a few links to dolltu.com complaint pages, which contain multiple complaints each. I’m hopeful you got what you expected, but I fear you got scammed. Either way, inquiring minds want to know :mag_right:

If you got scammed, you really have to let us know about it. I mean, @misterbee made a purchase after reading your post, so we don’t want anyone else to get scammed if it’s not legit.

1 Like

CANCELLED THE ORDER!!! Sketchy is as sketchy is!!!

3 Likes

Sorry , daughters due tomorrow so we have been dealing with logistics for that with all the Medical regulations here. I did receive package delivery confirmation from UPS, BUT, no package the day they say it was delivered and I was off for rain day and in shop all day. UPS has no confirming picture just a note that he dropped at back garage. Wife is working from home and using desk at window next to garage. He would have had to walk within 5’ of her. So right now I have pay pal complaint for UPS, as they confirm delivery of package. Ordered replacement, yesterday. Sorry to any that jumped on it , although I have had things fall the other way with some offbeat sources clearing old stock from buy outs…I’ll let you know what UPS says.

One of the Ebay scams that is becoming prevalent is that a scammer will ship you something, usually a trinket, which gives them a tracking # to fall back on when people complain. Makes getting your $$ back a huge PIA…IF you are successful.

I suggest looking at the UPS tracking info and checking the weight. These presses weigh over 100lbs and a trick is easier to spot.

I don’t have this one anymore, but it was $300 delivered via fedx. (Fla. to Nevada USA)

3 Likes

Yes, @Buzzer777, I was thinking about the weight myself.

@Instg8ter, does your tracking info reflect the expected weight? I had items delivered by UPS yesterday, and this is the info I still get when I click on the tracking number for one of those items.

If yours doesn’t show a weight of anywhere near 100 pounds, as @Buzzer777 described, I’d be concerned. If it’s a trinket, as Buzzer mentioned, perhaps the box is tiny and that’s why you or your wife didn’t notice it.

BTW - congrats and good luck!! :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :baby: :baby: :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Buy this 6 ton press it can do what your looking to do with a press. coupons could be had selling them for 59.99
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-ton-a-frame-bench-shop-press-1666.html

3 Likes

I’ve always been a little envious of the pricing you folks get south of the border. The exact same unit at Princess Auto in Canada – 140 beaver bucks… on sale…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

You must measure how much room there is for plates on the small A- frames…I believe that anything more than 3"x5" plates will be a problem. Not even sure about 3x5’s. I remember a while back I was looking at these, but the width allotted for the plates in the A-Frames was too small for what I was after,Otherwise…a great deal!

4 Likes

Never did hash before so I honestly wouldn’t know. Great point though. I think I read its working distance is 4 inches vertical and 10.5 horizontal.

3 Likes

Oooh, almost proud of the effort these slimy bastards went through for my money.
@Instg8ter what happened with you?

So the items get sold through a third party site, money goes through PayPal. They have an amazon seller account that ships a book out, in my case, “The stinky cheese man and other fairly stupid tales.”
If you contact PayPal they have a real tracking number, so they tell you kick rocks. If you contact UPS they cancel your claim immediately because it’s through amazon.

But the great thing about amazon is they have more money than god. I went through their chat service and because I could tell them the exact minute the packing slip was created, and all the other applicable identifying info, they refunded my hundred bucks without much hassle.

Scam artists are sad people. What a waste of air.

6 Likes

Wife went through same channel, put dispute in to Pay Pal. and then UPS as they had stated it was delivered and because of Covid there was someone home all day and I saved my security date stamped bid of that day, nothing. They Treated it as a misdelivered package and once I verified the info credited my pay pal back.
My bad for posting, did pick up a 10 ton from EBay $239 after throwing a few bids back and forth. Set up and smashing, just got micro scale so I can check yield.

3 Likes