Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

I never asked you if these are fems or do I need to keep an eye on sex?

5 Likes

They are fems so no you don’t need to keep and eye out for sex, but like any plant you should keep an eye out for their general health as if they are treated badly they may react unfavorably but i’ve never had any issues.

10 Likes

I imagine you’ve dealt with tons of fem seeds, ever had one turn out male? I’ve read it does happen but is extremely rare.

I have yet to have one, but have had the odd herm, whether unstable genetics and stressed out or just junk cough FastBuds - Blue Dreamatic…

But update wise, things are looking up.

Day 1 more or less of a new cycle, most are a day old, some i just helped pop there shells today, and there’s one in here that’s a couple days old but did an early transplant to the canna coco just to keep things sorta equal.

Already the root growth that ive seen for one seedling i pulled that was a couple days old is leaps and bounds better than if it started in chunky stuff.

So were underway this is gonna be fun.

Also you may notice the larger pots on the right hand side, i was in a local dollar like store and they were 2 for $2 and fill wise are pretty decent at around 950ml with space so a quart for those down south.

But was contemplating running 650ml yogurt containers again but these were cheap, and shorter.

16 Likes

Good record with the fems, I’ve had the odd herm but never a male.

Plants look good, the wider stature pots might make them a bit more stout too.

3 Likes

mmm if going by my past yogurt container results, they will be fighting and ill run out of space potentially, but i still have my older “shorter” reservoirs if needed.

7 Likes

This is one of the reasons why I like this thread so much… You are always trying something different, sort of “outside the box” style thinking and evolving. A lot of people can learn how to microgrow from following this thread…

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. How are the thermometers performing on your reservoirs? Accurate?

13 Likes

He’s a smart man… If there was a true way to breed he does it…

As far as those stick on thermometers, I know that the one I put on the side of my closet works very well… compared to a digital thermometer, as long as it’s not in direct light, it stays within about 2 degrees of what a digital thermometer picks up… Pretty awesome addition to a seed gift lol

15 Likes

I totally agree… on all accounts…

I love the thermometers he sent me because I can pin them up in different spots in the cabinets just to get a better perspective of what’s going on temp-wise… Again’ “outside the box”

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes

Ya I must confess I love the little thermometers as well :+1::+1:

Much appreciated

8 Likes

@anon95954822 yeah the stick on thermometers work accurately for me, i just keep them out of direct light as there black color grabs stray light and causes them to heat up a little, but handy little things as they are very basic measurement devices that i just use as a dummy good/not so good test, aka yeah temp looks fine, and no batteries to worry about :wink:

8 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle goy my gift a couple of days ago. Many thanks for your generosity. Your packaging method is great, no damage or crushing.
Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

Day 3

Things are finally moving along, phh how long has it been, whats happen, feels like waking from the daze of life with a throbbing welt on the back of the head.

yey plants, so… the two last seedling i added on the left side a DS and ATM which are in the center back have odd starting leaves, could be mutant expression with crinkle edges or maybe just some starting issue they are overcoming, but im gonna leave them as their center growth looks healthy.

Other than that really just light green leaves which is a common thing, half keeping things moist with some light feed water which is some 650ppm ish of MC and a little H202, so will roll into feed rates and automated watering as they show it.

Already the chunky stuff dries out quicker, but also doesn’t hold onto as much water when saturated anyways.

13 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle , a quick question for you regarding the autos. My 2 cabs, veg running 24/0, flower running 12/12.
What would be best for growing the autos??. I can’t easily adjust the veg without putting an external timer and the flower is still running photo plants.
Cheers Johnny

9 Likes

Throw them in the 24/0 veg tent and leave them there, they’ll do superfine

11 Likes

As toast says just throw them into your veg space, usually most have extra space there anyways

12 Likes

Thanks @toastyjakes and @Mr.Sparkle will put a few in water then paper towels probably tonight
Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Thought I’d share some Sparkle love lol
Forgive my double potted beauties but they are pretty and getting better… Here they are at about 31 days

Crinkle mutants, as @Mr.Sparkle calls them, but the color and speed are still impressive as hell, the smell is wonderful and meh, crinkle look to the leaves… probably still smokes well :wink::wink::wink:

17 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle

I hope you dont mind that I shared some of those autos you gave me with a elderly lady that has problems with money and medicine. The spirit of OG is infectious. So many people have been so generous to others in this community. Its contagious. She has quite a green thumb but no real appropriate lighting. I gifted her 1 of my t5s to get them going and she is going to use the sun to finish the grow. Thanks

16 Likes

Go for it, if you want/need some more I can easily send another pack

14 Likes