Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Things are looking good and have really started to take off :rocket: can’t wait to see that closet jammed again :v:

6 Likes

Yes they work great I never thought of smaller scale guy could buy a couple single units drop them in a small gallon jug and a clip fan to blow it around a normal timer have it blow for 5 min every hr or so or hook to a inkbird set it forget it

7 Likes

I wonder if you could add light nutes to the water for a constant foliar feed?

4 Likes

I think I remember reading about buildup drastically shortening the life of the unit when you do that. Seems plausible?

There was a guy on another forum who did that on a much larger scale who seemed pretty pleased with it, though. Wish I could remember his name so I could look it up.

5 Likes

Yeah would depend on the setup of the fogger, but in general it would be what you run it in, as in would that nutrient water be reactive or abrasive to the transducer that is in contact with said water.

If it made to withstand that then it will last.

Also from what i recall you had to run lower nutrient profiles and certain one were beeter suited, and temps in your res water would be a bit higher. Was also something about root density and stagnant water areas causing root rot and doing things to alleviate that, which can happen in most mediums

7 Likes

I’m happy to report that I’ve had my first ever autoflower seed pop above the soil! I’m about 90% sure it’s a DS, but it’s possibly an ATM instead. Definitely one of those two as those are the two I had out at the time.

It’s in a two gallon hempy bucket out on my back deck, just in time for the first 80F degree weekend in Washington. I don’t know if that’s going to be the best way to try to run it, but I was caught up in a moment of stoned inspiration and didn’t want to wait for space to open up in my mini cab, so hopefully it will work out well enough :slight_smile:

I tried to snap a photo, but my tablet’s camera just won’t take a non-blurry photo.

9 Likes

Wooooo!!!

Get ready for awesome!

6 Likes

the amount of pictures i delete regularly from taking a bunch and picking the best ones, as finger smudges to not in focus or blurry pics is quite a common scenario for myself lol.

But hey if it grows and you get to learn and play from it thats all i ever wanted from these seeds :wink:

9 Likes

Be aware that the temp in the tank gets extremely warm almost hot when running steady ! It’s recomended to have cool down periods to prevent burning the fogger out ! Through a 18 hr shift I’d add 5 gal of cold ro water to the tank running 12 hrs I didn’t bother adding any unless needed !

6 Likes

I’ll get a pic with a better device in a few days when it’s a little bigger. Will probably post some periodic updates in my thread, too. Thanks for making it possible!

4 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle just a quick shot of 3 of your Da Greens sprouting, 2 days old.

Again many thanks for your generosity.

Cheers Johnny

8 Likes

Day 12, things are moving along, turned on the fans last night and dropped my reservoirs to the floor and filled and set them up to be ready tonight, still gonna jsut more or less water as i see it by triggering waterings but will switch over to automation as they need it.

My humidity is getting a bit better too so i think they will power through.

And just to show here are the two crinkle mutants, both are ATM’s normally they would of been pulled but ill grow these out or untill i need the space for whatever.reason.

10 Likes

another day

13 Likes

Looks like there liking there new digs , noticeable difference in a day.

5 Likes

I’m glad to see you’re letting the crinkly ones live, who knows what they’ll turn into!

5 Likes

Culling is a skill I have not learned yet. I have killed 2 non males since I started up again. Should of killed 5 times that. Hahha

6 Likes

I never have the heart to do it :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This gal is under a cheap ass led. I have no room for it anywhere else. I feel like I wasted this dark spark. Shes beautiful but I’m not doing her any favours. Already showing crystal production.

12 Likes

@beacher @PoppaPuff lol well i did throw two seeds into some water this morning, the left side crinkle is doing better and i’ll probably keep it just to show why i pull them, but the one on the right side in the bigger pot well its days are numbered.

And to ^^^ still getting grown, if something is learnt from it like not having enough room, then its served a purpose :wink:

6 Likes

Man yours grow much faster than mine in promix i should reevaluate my early stage seedling system.

5 Likes