Dark Sparks with Mr.Sparkle : Growing 2019

Looking good as always Mr.Sparkle so you are going to make some more auto fems form the dark sparks??
I’m having fun with 3 of the Da Greens at the moment which are showing the different phenos.
Keep up the great work.
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

More auto seeds yeah in about two rounds ill have some, but as for the Dark Sparks im gonna go back to the F2’s and do a little searching for a better pollen donor as this grouping that came out doesn’t fit where i was thinking i was wanting to go with it, there is just a certain structure, look, and smell associated with what i like and i want to see if i can nail that down a bit more.

Also just dunked some Honey Peach CBD, Blow Mind, and Sour Crinkle, and have some f2 dark sparks with starting tails in baggies, and just planted 3 TDC which is a older cross i did. Plan is all just to do a pollen run with them, collect said pollen and chop them early, and then when i start back up for the round after i’ll make some selections and make some seeds. Just more to play with.

15 Likes

My Da green has the coolest looking bud on it. Looks like salt and pepper

19 Likes

@Meesh the smell is delicious !! I can smell that from here.

7 Likes

Similar path I will be on in a couple rounds. Going to hunt some decent males.

11 Likes

Damn right, i’ll be pestering you from my chair along the way :wink:

9 Likes

I popped 4 and they have yet to come up for 5 days. Anyone have trouble germing these or did I F… them up somehow?

5 Likes

How are you popping them?

3 Likes

Oleskool way with 24 hr soak then paper towel. It could’ve been me with too much water. I typically am successful with this method. They may peek out tomorrow morning, who knows? I’ll try again. All of your seeds have always been 100% that’s why I asked if anyone else had difficulty. Nuttn’ but love bro…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I like to leave them in water til tails then transfer to the paper towel… Don’t like being in the water more than 48hrs though

4 Likes

I had a 50/50 success rate germing the dark spark pheno and then 50% of them were mutants.

3 Likes

I went 4 for 4 with mine

5 Likes

So far using the same method as you, I have had 10/10 germ, and the last 4 are now above soil. Dropped the 4 seeds in water June 5, and all are about 1" tall today. Saying that, I need to get my shit together and start a new thread soon…

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

Regardless of who seeds, like toasty i usually soak till tails pop or the seed at least splits, then i transfer to paper towels.

A little spritz of h202 in the water you use does help i find with any latent bacteria.

7 Likes

I planted a fuzz and dark spark last night directly in coco (my new preferred way to germinate), and I can already see the dark spark making a bump in the soil. Should be seeing her tomorrow sometime :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Forgot i was gonna do an update…

Day 41

Moving along, my reservoirs have been high and been getting burn and other issues from it so dropped them down to 750ppm the other night and will see how they handle.

Starting to bulk up, but also for some looks like they may be wanting to finish earlier than what i expect with 3 weeks to go or there abouts.

Also have new seedlings up today Wooooo, and some to put in coco even if i didn’t count and ran out of pots… So made up a couple of Solos for the time being.

19 Likes

Everything is looking great, and congrats on the new seedlings :smile:

I love the excitement of new seedlings popping up above the soil. I think I would find growing only from clones to be inherently a bit unsatisfying.

11 Likes

So true… so so true.

16 Likes

I have “drowned” seeds before with too long of a soak. I dunked @ReikoX seeds last night. This morning there are two with 1/8” tails and 4 opening. I think I’ll toss these Greens and try some more. Have a bright and lifted day my friend. My Dark Sparks are doing outstanding! I’ll post some pics tonight.

:cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

…'Like a holiday centerpiece/table setting… :relieved: :fork_knife_plate: :pray: :fire:

:evergreen_tree:

14 Likes