The Grow Zone

Here we are almost time for pollen to start floating thru the air. Rainbow Belts 2.0 males have been narrowed down to 2. That is going to be used on select females looking most likely 154 dead center, its smells sweet and structure is on point.

Hi Temp 79F
Lo Temp 63F
Hum 55%
7g fabric container
600w Nanolux OG ballast
HPS bulb
12-12

A little supercropping to start off the morning. An attempt to slow down the stretch and strengthen the main stalk.

Getting to be a jungle in there

Rainbow Belts 2.0 select males day 13, clusters are tight and none have opened yet. Perfect timing should open up in a day or two. They will be pulled from the flower tent today and put in a spot with no air flow away from other plants.

If all goes well there will be enough seed for people to try out. That’s all for now.

10 Likes

Nice tight internode spacing on the RB male flowers, good structure going on.

What is your method for collecting pollen at this stage? I’ve got my first male at exactly the same point and I’m isolating him to try and collect pollen also.

1 Like

@Loggershands So depends on what you are going for, there are a couple ways. First and foremost is I limit the amount of pollination days. The typically allows all the seeds to mature at the same time so if there are any unfinished ones at the end I get suspicious of some extra pollen floating around when it should not have been. To pollinate only select females pull the males out. I will be removing key fan leaves before pollen starts flying. This will allow me to be able to get to the clusters without too much trouble. I then use long skewer and cup to knock off and catch the pollen. A paintbrush can be used to apply pollen to areas you would like. Dont close the lid tight and make sure to remove any plant matter.

I leave them in 1 gallon pots since that is more than enough time to get a lot of pollen, if you want to go big make sure they are in 2g or bigger.

For whole room pollination leave the guys in there and put a fan in there, and every morning give them a good whack on the stem.

And this works too while holding the cup
Haachoooo

Let me know if you have any other questions happy to help.

6 Likes

This is what I’m trying. He started dropping pollen this morning so I trimmed everything down and applied cup cake trays to catch the pollen. Hopefully I haven’t trimmed off too much :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Awesome way to do it. Should be fine trimming those leaves. That’s a good looking boy :muscle:t3:

1 Like

It’s Corey Heime - Corey Heime (Corey Haim Stardawg x Cheddar Skunk)

Smelled strongly of burnt rubber when I was trimming leafs and branches.

1 Like

Here we are day 14 of flower plants moving right along without any issues.
Hi Temp 78F
Lo Temp 64F
Hum 57%
7g fabric container
600w Nanolux OG ballast
HPS bulb
12-12
only water every 2-3 days
well water temp 65F
plant height is 35-45 inches

I have misplaced my HPS camera filter and have to order another, until then these will have to do. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

There will be pruning at the end of next week and targeting pollination from days 23-26 tentatively. Rainbow Belts 2.0 males flowers open any day now and are on Day 16 of flower. They have been pulled from the tent and moved to a low air flow location far from the tents.

That’s all for now :apple::banana::lemon: :cherries: :ice_cream:

6 Likes

A big thank you :pray:t2: to @DougDawson for the BMR pollen going to try to pollinate one of these tbd females. You rock :metal:t3:or should is say you Blue Moon Rock :metal:t3::metal:t3:

9 Likes

No question, that he does! :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

Glad it arrived safely bud, best of luck with your project. :v:

2 Likes

Day 17 for the Rainbow Belts 2.0 males :rainbow:
Pollen dropped today here is what I collected. About 6 more days of collecting before pollination starts.

6 Likes

:eyes: watching

1 Like

Boom! :boom:
I’m caught up!
Everything’s running smooth and easy, and now you got one more buddy following your thread.
Setup looks clean, and I dig your vibes, brother.
You’re always welcome over at the Bear Den, anytime!

1 Like

Thank you I will be sure to check out the Den. Its killing me I can find my HPS camera filter, going to have to pop in the MH for pictures. Next update Ill post tomorrow.

1 Like

Lol, if photo quality is important to you, don’t come visit the den. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::crazy_face:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: not a requirement for me

1 Like

Here we are day 22 of Flower cruisin right along :surfing_man:t3:
Pollination of select females will happen by the end of the week.

Hi Temp 75F
Lo Temp 61F
Hum 62%
7g fabric container
600w Nanolux OG ballast
HPS bulb(MH for the pics)
12-12
only water every 2-3 days
well water temp 54F YIKES :cold_face:
plant height is 45-50 inches

3 out of the 9 have really sweet smarty candy type of smells. The dead center plants is going to yield huge and has the most candy scent of them all…and I took a clone of that one.

Here is the Rainbow Belts 2.0 pollen I collected this week. I created a simple pollinator device with a straw and will use my breath to spread the pollen. Being sure to have a bend in the straw so none of my spittle hits the pollen, I saw this kind of thing somewhere so I thought I would give it a try.

What’s on deck? Georgie Pie x Cereal Milk FEMs and Gushers S1

Georgia Pie x Cereal Milk

Gushers S1 some broad leaves

That’s all for now :lobster:

11 Likes

Looking great man! Can’t wait to see what you do with the BMR pollen, I’m about 2 weeks away from my pollination with it.

1 Like

@JustANobody Yea I am pulling 1-3 plants for the BMR, they will be upstairs with me for a couple days. Just hoping the pollen is good or else I made up a new strain sticker for nothin lol.

I’m going to be doing the same. Jaws FP OG F4’s, Mother of Berries, and Black Widow.

1 Like