Dequilo's 2021 grow some indoor fun:) closed 3/32021

Nice I dig it. I’m super new to all this. Im usually antisocial. :rofl: but slowly getting used to things and opening up.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

9 Likes

First couple months I didn’t really comment much. Then I found out how amazing the peeps at OG are. Can’t stay away now. :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes truly amazing people here for sure. And @dequilo being a snappy person inspires me cause I can be snappy also but cannibis has helped me take the edge off like @dequilo mentioned it helped him also.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

5 Likes

Look at all those beautiful plants!
You are the master!

2 Likes

I am with you on the Antisocial thing myself :slight_smile: you folks are the only folks I am social with

and try to be nice and for me it is work

and that is good as we at OG are pretty open folks in the end

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

that is not a bad thing lots to read here and get up to speed on :slight_smile:

and than time to post and post and post

Welcome to OverGrow !!!

something you will need soon

we start at 8 O’clock sharp :wink:

Dequilo

4 Likes

I hear you My Friend it is something I work on everyday I am very volatile and go from

calm to breathing fire in a split second :frowning:

my demons are fierce

I take canna pills that I make with my left overs that help a lot it took a bit to dial in the

dosage but when you get it helps a lot :slight_smile:

but at first I was way over doing it and had to stop for three weeks which was not so much

fun for people around me

but I got were I can take them every 4 hours at a lower dose and feel better over all

takes so time to find which strain and how much works but when you do

it is life changing

Nice of to stop and all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

hmmm… makes one think how we kill this plant trying to grow it well :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you Sir I do like to grow and I do kill plants :frowning: mostly from have too many to deal with

and with no plan

I have a hard time throwing out a growing plant and get any plant strong and bugs do not

matter that much

there are lots of plants and lots of bugs outside things work for them

at baiting fish hooks :wink:

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

4 Likes

@HolyAngel quoted you here to not post to much crap else where but would love to have this talk

here :slight_smile:

so when you say low light your are talking more so about length of day ? not so much light

intensity correct?

this something I have thought about as long as I have worked with plants and started growing

inside

why 12/12 ? why 18/6? but that is what we run

I have used 14/10 for veg for years and 10/14 for flower and never had a problem yield

I have plants that I have revegged from outside this summer that I started as seeds this time in 2020

so they are a year old

Hash passion over 1 year old this is seed plant

Blue and Black same thing from seed

the were in full blown flower with buds on them and got frosted three times

but still revegged under 14 hours of light

I will say to be honest I did have a problem the first week because I had two CMH running

so way too much red to veg them so I put in a couple of 6600k super blues and off to the

races

so I am not getting why 14 hours of light on a short day plant is a problem as to keeping

them from flowering

as far as light in my room I am right now doing 1 hour of LED at the start and 1 hour at the end

of my light cycle with no HIDs and in a week it will be at 2 hours and 2 hours

I have around 5 weeks I can jerk around do whatever

than on March 12 it is game on for real we are growing lots of weed outside in 2021

I would love to hear folks thought on day length and why

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

14 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Yes, “low” was referring to length of time the light is on. Now that I think about it, it makes sense. Where we’re at in latitude, veg would be around 14hrs in the summer anyways :sweat_smile:

I’ve really only heard of some particular indica’s that will flower with 14 hrs of light but if you haven’t had any happen than maybe that’s a myth :joy: Your plants don’t look particularly stretchy either.

I’ve been forming a hypothesis that this plant gives longer internode length based on time in the dark.

If I keep the lights at a decent intensity and on 20-24hrs a day, I can keep the plants short, with really short internode’s, like a half inch or less. As soon as I start getting into 8+ hrs of darkness, the plant stretches significantly more, 1-2 inch internodes. Don’t have enough data points yet though to say anything either way.

I flower my photoperiods at 11on/13off without any issues or loss of yield as it just made sense to me.

I think it makes them preflower earlier than it would if it was 12/12. I tend to get preflower hairs at 8-10 days instead of 14-21.

I also feel like some plants don’t quite get 12/12 and need it just a little more dark to really get into the swing of flowering and finishing properly. 10/14 would only ensure that more and likely be more natural, especially for indica’s. I’d suspect they’d be a bit taller than if you did 12/12 or 11/13 but, we need more testing! :wink:

12 Likes

Oh I’m in there bud! :laughing:

3 Likes

equatorial sativas for one.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Very interesting conversation :thinking:
Some friends of mine are experimenting with 6/2 light cycle in veg, apparently it does not work well for seedlings,
but works tremendously well in veg.
Last round I experimented with slowly reducing light cycle, 1 plant flowered at 14/10 (Sativa, Chocolope),
but the other did not, so I continued to reduce light hours.

2 weeks,
on the button. Pun intended :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
My virgin button, in this experimental grow, flipped to
14/10 - 2 weeks ago.

9 Likes

so in an effort to cut down on power use

using simple Dequilo logic one can do this by hanging an additional 1000 watts of MH

so simple :wink:

7 Likes

I put that shit on everything! :rofl:
but seriously I have never seen anything else make a difference so fast. I used it to water my just rooted clones and the leaves doubled in 2 days now I put that shit on everything as directed every two to three weeks. Hydrolized Fish fert every other week or just water with a little supersoil in the bottom of the pot. Love simplicity
:dash: :dash: :v: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I have been using 11/13 during flower with all my indoor photos :v:t4:

4 Likes

when the lights are off your plants is working on repairing cell, growing shoots etc.

when the lights are on the plants is doing other thing making food from water and light etc

why does your plants leaves droop at lights out ?

it takes energy to hold the leaves out to collect light, no light no need to use that energy to hold

the leaves up so droop

I have always given my plants 36 hours of darkness at the start of flowering inside then

start my 10/14 flower cycle

the darkness help to deplete the red enzyme that keep the plants out of flower

but most Sativas flower because of age of plant not so much length of day?

or so I thought

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

7 Likes

I have read about that a couple of different time very interesting

the light I use are stone age so it is hard to really manipulate the light without lots of user

intervention :frowning:

I got lots to do now :wink:

but I will do the LED thing I am try to cut do my bill at bit just got the bill today and we are

at 330.00 US Dollar a 30 day month

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

6 Likes

Update 1/24/2021

so yesterday spent most of the day moving plants and stuff around in my grow room

and I have no room :frowning:

putting stuff outside the room cannot happen as it is cold in my building about 10 F yesterday

so very things had to move

with everything else what a pain, an 8 foot by 16 foot space may appear to be large to a grower

that grows in a 4 by 4 tent

stuff a lot of plants in any space and it get cramped :wink:

So I played Electrician and ran some new wires and put in some outlet also a couple of Amp/Watt

meters to start to control my power better

an spun everything around 180 degrees what a pain I cannot wait to be outside or a bigger

room another 8 foot by 16 foot would work :slight_smile:

these plants moved to this side of the room

Autos and clones

seedlings and clones moved to the other side

clones that will be out of the water this week and gone

very high tech cooling/air movement setup 6 dollar desk fan screwed to the ceiling

Bubba Gum Kush feeling so much better and growing finally

Hash Passion

auto

another

a couple more

so plants have been moved so there is where we are at now

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

23 Likes