Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

“Derived from non-gmo soy”
:laughing: come on now…

2 Likes

@Mithridate I don’t know what you mean by that. Like are you pro-GMO soy or anti? It seems like that would be important to a lot of organic growers, like anyone certified.

2 Likes

It’s just that 90% of soy is gmo… so to have a mass produced fertilizer made from non gmo soy sounded funny to me…

I’m not pro gmo that’s for sure, but the organic business is a strange one to me :wink:

3 Likes

I think that’s why they specifically say it’s non-GMO, because if anyone doesn’t say that you can assume it is. Anyway, I get it now. And it is strange nowadays with industrial organic stuff, but I’m fascinated by some of the biotech stuff that’s sorta natural but turned up to 11 like enzyme digesters

3 Likes

Gave the ladies a few gallons of compost tea this morning after letting them have a dry down cycle for a few days, they’re already perked right up and looking great a few hours later. Stretch is awesome this time around with only four plants and the proper pruning and defoliation, I love learning new things each time and getting better at them too! Cindy Mix is turning out to be a beast in the back left. I need to get Baudelaire’s opinion but looking at the list of possibilities in the mix, I think this must be a Sweet Tooth or Bubblegum cross with how fat it is compared to the Cinderella in front of it, maybe ESB, but I don’t think it could be a cross to Princess or one of the Durban or Thai strains. Smart Move on the back right is also starting to stretch out after staying very compact until now. Nigerian Sunshine x Apollo is staying compact, looking a lot like the structure on the Blackwater x Apollo, this might just be the dominant short structure from the Apollo. This time I know how much I’m going to need to spread it to keep it from choking itself, and I think yields will be a lot better, with the same quality.

All the seedlings got into dirt last night, they’re under the B-Spec hanging out and thinking about what to do now. Still got 12/12 alive but I have one I’m expecting to lose and one runt to baby along for a while and see if it improves:

13 Likes

Signal boosting this one for anyone who follows my grows and is interested in Fleur Du Mal stuff, BOGO this weekend:

7 Likes

And also these Breedbay benefit packs from Copa Genetics that are at DCSE and GLG (maybe more banks, IDK) for $50/ea, 100% of the money goes to BB.

"Breedbay Indoor Support Pack

100% OF YOUR PURCHASE GOES TO SUPPORT BREEDBAY!Breedbay
BREEDBAY is a treasure trove of cannabis history, one of the few places that well-regarded breeders post directly. Bodhi cataloged his seed-finding expeditions there, subcool had his own subforum, and there is a lot of important information that will be lost.

GSD F6
GG4 (cut) x Bodhi’s Sunshine Daydream male
worked to a stable F6 by Copa.
Blueberry Muffins, Coffee, Mocha, and dank.
Super smooth and gets better with a long cure.
Warm blanket bud, some CBG may be present.
7-8 weeks
7 Regular Seeds

Ancient Lights
Bodhi’s Northern Lights #2 “Heavy Duty Med Blessing”
x Ancient OG F2 Purple Stem males
Gassy, dank, funk.
Will settle down even the most anxious toker.
Not wake and bake smoke, night night.
Super dense flower, great yield.
8 weeks
7 Regular Seeds

Bonus Indoor Tester
Copa’s “Frostitute” cut (Goji OG x Platinum)
x Varegated Appalacia F4 male (Chem D leaner)
I expect nothing but extremely frosted-up chemical
and gas goodness from these beans!
8 weeks with outliers on both sides
7 Regular Seeds

21 Regular Seeds plus 10 PuTang BX Regular Bad Dawg Freebie (thank you Great Lake Genetics)!"

100% OF YOUR PURCHASE GOES TO SUPPORT BREEDBAY!

BREEDBAY is a treasure trove of cannabis history, one of the few places that well-regarded breeders post directly. Bodhi cataloged his seed-finding expeditions there, Subcool had his own subforum, and there is a lot of important information that would be lost.

Ground & Pound aka Vale Tudo Round #2
Copa’s Vale Tudo cut (Vintage Mendo Purps x Kimbo Kush) x
GSD F5 males
Extreme vigor, great structure, resin production, and high yield with some phenos having purple traits.
Red wine, musty, dank, little to no “sweet”
Mid-Sept – Early Oct finish at 45 degrees N

Northern Purple OG
[(Purple Mr. Nice x Jack) x Ancient OG F2 Purple Stem males]
x Ancient OG F3
All-around performer, high yield, super pest and mold resistant.
Sweet, sugar, flowers, gassy and dank.
End of Sept finish at 45 degrees N

Bonus Outdoor Tester
Bodhi’s Goji OG cut x Variegated Appalacia F4 male
This right here is sure to be one for the books! Super resin production, amazing lineage, great pest and mold resistance.
End of Sept – Early October finish at 45 degrees N

21 Regular Seeds plus 10 PuTang BX Regular Bad Dawg Freebie (thank you Great Lake Genetics)!"

9 Likes

Dude I’m real tempted by that outdoor mix, already planning some Copa outdoors next season as it is. Also that sweettooth from FDM :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Dude throw some Cinderella and Sweet Tooth outside!

2 Likes

Some papers on defoliation I’ve been reading lately trying to understand more of the plant science behind it, it’s actually there!

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/234014243_Analyzing_the_significance_of_defoliation_in_growth_photosynthetic_compensation_and_source-sink_relations

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/362164627_Defoliation_impacts_on_morpho-physiological_attributes_and_yield_of_tomato_Defoliation_effect_on_yield_in_tomato

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354397911_Shape_Matters_Plant_Architecture_Affects_Chemical_Uniformity_in_Large-Size_Medical_Cannabis_Plants

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/364037634_Too_Dense_or_Not_Too_Dense_Higher_Planting_Density_Reduces_Cannabinoid_Uniformity_but_Increases_YieldArea_in_Drug-Type_Medical_Cannabis

12 Likes

Had a nice Friendsgiving dinner on Friday night, my friend came over on Saturday because he forgot, so I fed him pie and leftovers. And then he helped me get the bathtub bottom back in the 4x4 and the plants in and out to hang some lights, wash the saucers, and do a little more bending for training. We hung my Solacure Super B tubes and I’m going to get the timer for them set up tomorrow and the plants adapting to the UV-B.

https://www.solacure.com/cannabis.html

Still not sure yet how I’m squeezing the QB96s on either side of the 550 with the fluorescent fixtures but I’ll come up with something, I’m sure. And I still need to reattach my Buddies to some sticks and get them in there on the sides, but it’s all coming together for the first flower cycle of the year.

My seedlings are real happy in their new pots with some of the last batch of dirt, same one the flowering plants are in. Got the light turned mid-low and about 10" away, seems to be making them grow quick! It seems to have cooked down and be nicer to the seedlings than when I used it more freshly mixed. Makes me happy that my current dirt bins have a month or two still before I get into them to use, I think they’ll be ready by then with all the turning and now a little leftover AACT too.

10 Likes

Nigerian Sunshine purple x Goji OG by @SCJedi after a nice long cure:

16 Likes

She really is a beauty
Smoke report please

Inquiring minds need to know

7 Likes

Heck yes, I second the request for a smoke report!

5 Likes

@Papalag @SCJedi OK, here goes, I’ve been smoking bowls of this all morning drinking plain water and thinking about it.

Smell in the jar:
When it’s moister and the bag just opened from cure, the odor is mostly funky spicy berry and exotic wood sawdust. After sitting in the jar and drying down a little from 58% I’m getting light dank fruitiness that’s sweet and bright and makes me think of dried apricots and sultanas.

Flavor when smoked:
So it’s definitely a Goji cross, with some berries and cherries and sorta soft OG dankness, but with a spicy hit, anise and myrcene clove-y-ness and light earth, but the baseline is less earth than wood. I was unsure earlier in cure but as it’s developed and matured it’s definitely a wood flavor, somewhere between light cedar and sandalwood. Kinda halfway between the scent of those woods burning like incense, and the smell of freshly sanded cured lumber.

Smoke is medium bodied, not a choker in any way. It’s a spicy and powerful hit but smooth, it smokes like a sativa to me, the crisp woodiness is very satisfying to a mostly retired tobacco smoker like me, I think that’s a flavor profile I like about a lot of African hybrids. This is one you can session easily without your lungs protesting.

Effects:
This is my morning/daytime/get stuff done smoke besides Cinderella 99, it’s up and focused and has enough functional indica in it to make it mellow and very pleasant. I would grow this one again any time if I could find more seeds for it, it’s a very positive and present sort of high that works great for me as an all day smoker. C99 is very get up and go sort of sativa high, this is that other one that’s buzzy but a little playful and goofy, I rarely feel on edge smoking this like C99 occasionally will do to me. I think the Goji’s reported happy, positive stoniness mixed well with the reported anti-anxiety effects of the Nigerian Sunshine, along with doubling up the purpling, this was a very pretty purple/red/black strain!

12 Likes

Nice report! The wood/sandalwood/incense is the Nigerian Sunshine. A buddy I gave some to, who has a rather unsophisticated palate, calls it “cardboard” and said he doesn’t like it but the same guy would grow and smoke the green pheno all day long. LOL Anything that is purple/magenta is also a strong NS influence. The spicy berry/cherry/earth sounds like Goji so it sounds like you got a good mix of the two! Thank you for sharing and enjoy!

7 Likes

Awesome report my brother

4 Likes

Flower tent bushing out as it stretches and I spread them more, trying to keep the heights sorta level without using pot risers as possible. C99 genetics continuing their tendency to spread and vine out over the space, probably going to be some wild staking going on later but they’ll be heavy yielders, I can tell. Definitely gonna be leafy as heck by Day 21 defoliation:

Seedlings are great, 2/3 Blue Taras are slow goers but they’re going, I had one Sowah Grapefruit damp off so the current score is 11/12:

13 Likes

Hoku is having a sale:

4 Likes

Hey @Dirt_Wizard excited to follow along with ya! I’ve picked up some BT recently and it’s moved near the top of the list. Sending good vibrations!!

5 Likes