Does anyone remember. Dutchmaster Superbud

I’ve been using it recently The product was around about 20 years ago was big hit then it got banned and disappeared for about 20 years then recently it appeared in some of the hydro shops I use a light dosage sometimes I like how stop stretch almost completely straight away. I Don’t use the dosage recommended I find that’s far too heavy. I think it’s an interesting tool. But it never gets the organic quality you can find in the quality buds thanks for reading this

7 Likes

There are a couple great threads on OG regarding superbud.

Here’s one of the posts:

3 Likes

Thank you lophophora I will have a bit of a read I don’t know if I want to use this much in the future but I want to know more about it

I remember it well, we used this heavily for guerrilla plots to keep them low , I found it have finished product a corky feeling almost idk just my two cents. I was just talking with @Mithridate about old Dutch nutrient formulas and how I came across an abundance . I plan on testing the theories about newer nutes vs. Old nutes suppressing certain qualities and traits that we used to see regularly in certain strains.

2 Likes

Probably paclobutrazol, or prohexadione calcium
It says new and improved.
My question is…is it approved for cannabis?
Cannabis is different than avacodos.
We have to consider what happens to these chemicals during combustion.

Also these are gibberelin inhibitors.
It has been found gibberelic acid can increase trichome production.
Inhibiting gibberelin will decrease trichome production.
You will get a lot of plant matter with less trichomes.
Hard buds with little or no taste.
You can try very low doses early in veg for best results.
I have done several experiments with Paclo and Pro-Ca.
Then there is the liver dangers to consider…
Peronally I don’t care for the stuff.

You should include me in that conversation… :sunglasses:
I am pretty sure they owe most of that success to phyto-hormones.
I have played with those quite a bit too.

7 Likes

Reminds me of that product they Had called Gravity.Shit stacked node on top of node of nice tight bud structures but they found out that shit was causing liver cancer and they changed to label to Ornamental only.Never used it myself thank god

4 Likes

FYI
Gravity = Paclobutrazol

6 Likes

Explains why they got rid of that shit

3 Likes

Stuff was so popular in the 2000’s it scares me to think how much is still floating around.

*not approved for use on edible plants is enough for me to stay away.

5 Likes

Gladly my brother

3 Likes

Thank you for pointing Out the health concerns Shag yes there are a lot of negatives to the product. It’s something I’ve used in very low doses to stop excess stretch

1 Like

Thank you to everybody for putting into the conversation. Sounds like Superbud is best forgotten from the cannabis world

1 Like

Better results could be had using lst methods and Axiom spray.You get The bulk and tricome production and you control the shape profile of the plant and don’t end up with liver cancer.

3 Likes

Well said capn. Totally agree. I get a bit lazy sometimes. I can’t get grow skills from a bottle. I need to apply myself and learn some better skills I’m thinking about managing stretch by focusing on training the plant better. There are a lot of products out there that are less controversial. And hopefully safer.

1 Like

This is a good read…

Or @Upstate has a good one too.

The latest experiment shows Trehalose will work too.

2 Likes

Thanks for all that help Shag I will do quite a bit of reading. I’m here to learn some more skills so thank you very much

2 Likes

I remember it well. Back in the day when I was ignorant to pgr’s. I liked how it stopped the stretch. One time i spilt a little on my foot. Full chemical reaction. Had to sleep with my foot in a bucket of ice for a week.
Certainly would not use now I’m a little older & wiser.

2 Likes

Yes Wojak most people like how it stops for plant from stretching. I haven’t spoken to anyone who would use it nowadays