Does LED cause sparse undergrowth?

Yea, that’s what users like you said aboiut the other burned plants in my photos.

Funny that the only way I can bring out this reaction is with the light.

Why didn’t this reaction start before I put it under the light that is burning all of my plants?

The LED in your flower room is about 3 times stronger, so yeah… more is not always better.
Just hang the same LED from your veg in your flower and it’ll be fine.

Think about it, in the wild they start flowering when the sun is lower on the horizon, flowering plants outside get less light intensity than during veg.

2 Likes

Makes sense, but why are there so many users in here telling me that not only is the light not burning the plants, it’s NOT ENOUGH LIGHT!

That plant pictured was perfectly fine when I put it in the flower tent a day ago. I have done nothing more than look at the dam plant.

We all get it wrong sometimes… follow what feels right and ignore the rest.

2 Likes

150w, 2.6umol/joule, 1346umol/m2/s

Wut?

No. 400W.
The light I have in the flowering tent is linked in the OP comment and below here.

This is the problem, I know because I use a similar QB fixture. In veg I run it at 60% at 16" above the canopy and in flower 100% at 22", covering an area 4x4 and 3x3 respectively.
I’d say the burning of the leaf edges is probably due to heavy transpiration.

4 Likes

The flowering light is at least 24" above the canopy.

2 Likes

You shouldnt be burning anything then unless that strain is particularly light sensitive, and then it’ll only be the top sugar leaves.

1 Like

Have you contacted Vivosun? Perhaps the light is the cause of the problems as you suspect.

I switched from HPS to LED over 5 years ago. I paid a price to get two Fluence Spydr X lights at the time. I have not regretted the change to LED. The lights have run at full power over everything from seedlings to cuttings to flower without burning. The only burn that has occurred is when a flowering plant actually touched the light for over 24 hours.
This is from Jan 2018 brand new:

In May 2018 another one arrived for veg room:

Maybe it is the light.

2 Likes

Get Photone and know for sure.

1 Like

Quality comment. I was thinking how the HID products have been dialed in for quite some time now and should provide a potential customer with consistent results where as the LED fixture space is still new and growing and there is a higher chance for manufacturing anomalies, for example an LED fixture being built that has different output than what’s actually listed on the box. A quality control type thing. Figured it would be rare but could be happening. I’d imagine the quality control at Hortiux and VIVOSUN are a bit different from one another, similarly I’d imagine the quality control at Fluence is a bit different than VIVOSUN too. From my understanding, VIVOSUN is pretty much a Chinese knockoff type company that sells on the Amazon platform. Does anyone know if that’s accurate? Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

Nobody got it wrong IMO. If anything, that light is on the low side for flower, as others have pointed out. Plants are being transferred into a totally different environment and light from another. We have no clue what temps, humidity and other factors are because the OP is so convinced it’s the light.

While these plants look awful, they don’t look light burned. If the light is harming them it’s because of another environmental factor working in conjunction with something else.

To the OP, if you really want help, it would be helpful to list details of the environment. If I had the guess, you’re taking them from a higher humidity cooler environment and putting them in a warmer and lower humidity environment and this is the main factor. However, it’s purely speculation since everyone is chasing around the the light issue that likely doesn’t exist.

Where are these parameters, and do you PH water and calibrate your meter regularly?

5 Likes

None of them are actual manufacturers! These lights, diodes, boards, drivers, are all made in the same factories. These fancier cannabis lighting companies are doing a little speccing and occasionally assembly, very little else. Honestly, in most cases you’re better off buying the cheap Amazon lights that are coming from Chinese sellers or assembling your own, because in a lot of cases you’re just cutting out the middle man.

3 Likes

Thier catching on to this go look at the price of a DIY light now and your going to get pissed for the time and effort of building it and the price you might as well buy a light prices on anything cannabis related just because its associated with growing cannabis has been marked up 200 percent.You almost have to hobble shit together that does the same thing as what your trying to use.Example go look at how much a clone dome is and go look up the price of a 10 inch tall clear plastic cake dome .Clone domes going to be 45$ and up cake dome is like 22$ for ten of them does the same thing i even retrofit dial vents on mine with bases.

3 Likes

ive seen burning like that when moving from low watt tent to a high watt flower tent. im not sure but i think as stated above transpiration is involved. i try to have high humidity when starting under strong led.

1 Like