Doug Dawson's giveaway thread (Part 1)

Congratulations @lophophora.ca :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks again @DougDawson ! :+1:

1 Like

@DougDawson I hope I didn’t mess up the Wiki for you man I didn’t get any error message so I know I didn’t overwrite anyone and when I put my name I typed 33 but it showed up as 32 weird hopefully it’s not anything that will throw it off. I’m sorry if I made a mistake in advance.

Its probably cuz I forgot to put a space. I corrected my error and your number automatically changed to 33 :wink:

1 Like

Awesome I see that now. Thanks man. I was worried I try to never mess up the wiki if I can lol.

2 Likes

Oh heck yeah the double whammy! Congrats @lophophora.ca way to go man! Thank you @DougDawson

1 Like

You are all quite welcome, just stuck at work. I see a couple people got overwriten and the whole list got duplicated at least 3 times showing 2 lists after edits. This should never happen. Please read the wiki etiquette thread if you are not sure how to properly update a wiki. Clearly, there are some in this thread that would benefit from reviewing it.

6 Likes

Also, here’s a tip, I saw the next number was 42. However, when I went to edit the wiki, it showed up to 44 already. I typed in # 45 and my name, the wiki auto corrected whatever
dimensional jabberwhacky that was occurring, and upon saving I showed as # 42.
I don’t know if this helps, or adds to the confusion.

2 Likes

You know you can always use your keyboard to :heart::heart::heart::heart: as well… just in a quote post, like this, lol. Also, :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Works too. But that’s on an android, ooops.

2 Likes

Holy crap, 47 edits and only 4 names on the list?

I am seeing 40 members on the list

Hmmm I refreshed and it shows many more now. Weird as I just got on the thread.

2 Likes

Congrats @lophophora.ca
Thank You for doing so many giveaways @DougDawson

3 Likes

For some reason, folks keep copying the whole list when they update causing 2 lists and then someone fixes it. It’s to tough to go through these on my little phone bit that why the list keeps going all screwy. Here is an example.

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s time to start eliminating those that can’t follow instructions and mess up the wiki?
I know you mentioned that option before and have opted not to take that action.

6 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart:!

Thank you!

1 Like

It seems simple. I go for a number. If it says someone edited before me i close my edit and start again. Repeat a few times once and awhile before I get a number lol

8 Likes

Agreed bro it does seem simple. Then how do you get folks copying and pasting the whole list?
C&P has no place in this so this is people not even bothering to read how to do it even though Doug has posted how to and copied that post how many times?

7 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it lol

I agree with @Oldjoints , if you can’t follow simple rules, you can’t play simple games. It’s like if you’re playing dodgeball, and someone keeps running over the line and hurling the ball at someone’s face.
Disqualification is a tool that was designed for such purposes. Just my humble opinion.

Secondly
A TEST WIKI that users must exhibit they have the ability to edit.
You could be disqualified until you can edit the test wiki successfully. I’d set it up myself, but others are more proficient.
Kinda like being sent to the penalty box, but sure would save a LOT of hassle.

7 Likes

Maybe if they can’t edit the wiki…make them ride a buffalo! :thinking:

3 Likes