DWC + GH nutes

My DWC system is this

I have been replacing the water once a week, mostly following this schedule

My veg is running long this time, but I basically progress through that as I think is fitting. I think the extended veg is mostly recovery from supercropping. A few branches snapped real good, but they all recovered, they just didnt really expand for a while afterwards.

I’ve been growing 2 plants in 1 of those tubs refilling with ph’ed RO water when the level drops. I have been using Botanicare CalMag, Hydroguard, and Silica Blast as well. Based on a post I saw on here, I was going to give a half dose of MOAB a week before flower, another half on flip and then from there we are back to winging it. lol

4 Likes

Water change out can go every other week. Also are you doing just 1 cultivar or multiple? Each has its own nutrient preference amd requirements. Some like lots of nutrients while others do not. So if doing multi cultivar then your best best is a 5gal bucket per plant for long veg times or a 3 gal for very lil veg time. Aside from that i use gh and hydroguard and it works great. Also just my opinion the top feed isn’t really necessary as i found no difference between that and a plain dwc once roots have descended. Good luck and stay safe.
Much love in the garden

2 Likes

The tops of the roots dont dry out? Would you just turn the pump off after the roots are established?

At the moment, I am using seeds from the same pack. I have hoped to find more information about how to fine tune nutrients for specific cultivar, as I am too scared to stray too far from the default (or half) schedules. I dont want to hurt them. I do that enough by accident. I noticed that the builds here were 3 gallon for the bucket builds, and quite larger for larger builds, which made me wonder if 5 split for 2 would be enough.

I noticed myself starting to consider making a different type of build, which started generating these questions. Thanks for the info. I was starting wonder if my half asleep, stoned post, was missing something

1 Like

If i veg more then 2 weeks my 5 gal are filled with roots
https://growdoctorguides.com/dwc/dwc-nutrient-calculator/#:~:text=General%20Hydroponics%203-part%20(Flora,your%20plants%20need%20to%20grow.&text=Organic%20fertilizers%20should%20not%20be,pathogens%20to%20the%20water%20solution.
This is an easy calc for time and bucket size till you start experimenting to find what works best per strain

1 Like

I would suggest 60-75% unless it needs heavy feeding down to about 40-50% for light feeding

2 Likes

No they dont my setup is a bucket w/hydroton filled basket, a water stone and some tubing on side to show water level the bubbles from stone splashes the top of the roots at the basket besides i top feed to the base of the plant when i add water

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will give that calc a try. I feel kinda silly at the moment. I hadnt even thought to use graduated cylinders until I looked at that link. I’ve been using 5 mil pipettes D:

At first i just used the 1 ml thing you get with their ph up & down kit :joy: took forever

1 Like