Environment here changed

My understanding is, normally your plant is making sugars, via photosynthesis, which it then trades to Micorhyzae and other soil microbes in exchange for micro nutrients.

If you feed the soil microbes sugar directly, then the plant has to “trade” less away, and has more left for metabolic processes like growing big fat sticky buds!

4 Likes

Ill have to try that, geuss an old dog can still learn new tricks lol

I buy Brer Rabbit, they use sugar beets to make their molasses…better than cane molasses. More easily absorbed

edit… the ‘Unsulfured’

4 Likes

Yah unsulfured. Sulfur kills fungi.

2 Likes

Oh ok i understand now, thanks for the info @JohnnyPotseed and @Dirtron

1 Like

50 posts were merged into an existing topic: Diatomaceous Earth and Fungus Gnats

I don’t use a lot of it, only about 1&1/2 tblsp per 5gal, and only in bud, using it in the veg is pretty much a waste

3 Likes

What thread am I in now? I get so confused. :thinking:

7 Likes

SEEDS ROCK! Free the seed!!! Share the knowledge, It’s the only way to Overgrow!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I came here apurpose for specific strains and have found so much more.
Going back a bit I thought this place was too good to be real.
C’mon, a free seeds thread?
But do a seed run and it’s “Holy F! There’s a lot of seeds here!”

Still I prefer to trade for interesting seeds than to hook up through outright giveaways and if I had anything I made that was special and lots of work and needed the money I’d sell on Strainly.

That said my only giveaway was terrific, an absolute blast.
Since covid blew up my growing place and I haven’t 100% replaced that I’m chomping at the bit to get another one underway.

3 Likes

Gotta run to the store, thanks everyone for the info, hope evreyone has a great day,

Next year, I’d suggest springing for some of those 10x20 panels of shade canopy… Too late this year. I’ve used em for many years now and love em!
They come in various temp control percentages, I use the 50%

edit… a few years ago, when there was a serious heat wave, everyone’s corn burnt/dried up on the stalks… my corn under the canopies were over12’ and healthy as shit!

2 Likes

Getting there bro, almost “back” to normal…

2 Likes

glad to hear it cuz…take it easy!

2 Likes

Yep i go through it every now and then. To much lifting as a `young one…

1 Like

Can you provide a link or what to look for. Interested in these shades. Oklahoma summers y’know?

1 Like

I think this is what we are talking about, no offense to @Worstsideman63 but…

Mass message, with little content and not consolidating to one post.

And the kicker!!!

7 Likes

I do to. I get lost all the time

1 Like

they’re sold by almost any outdoor growing supply house or check commercial grower supplies

1 Like

Now I feel guilty. My most liked comments were teasing the giveaway in the free seeds thread

5 Likes