Environment here changed

10h

12h

How did my posts end up under @OldSchoolNewKid ‘s name?

3 Likes

3 Likes

As very new to this site as I am, I can understand the frustration of the well meaning forefathers of this site to share sacred seeds with those genetically unable to grasp the concept of the truth that can lie within these flowers petals! Or pistols! Giving is really the only thing that’s ever going to give you anything back! Should I order the green lace wing egg strips to help with spider mites in my greenhouse? It’s freekin hot in there to with two fans and good circulation but how hot can I go? It’s supposed to be 90 + for at least two weeks. White widow is looking whiter and happier now that he’s gone! Haha! Don’t give up on us newbs.

2 Likes

I agree 100% - this notion that has cemented itself in some people’s minds that the old members are scoffing because they can’t collect every seed is pure fantasy. I agree with all of the rest of your post too @Meesh , you are a wise woman. The fact that 150 people here have been recently scammed out of over $10k collectively, with the server getting a hefty cut, and then all of the members being shut out of any further discussion regarding the ripoff in that thread, is very concerning to me, However that is not the environment here that is changing or most concerning - the part that bothers me about the “Free Seed” thread and what it turned in to was the fact that it attracted a lot of people who heard about the fact that OG was a place for freebies, and they would become attracted to only the free seeds thread and offered nothing of value as far as content, or even camaraderie to this site. They would get “rep” from simply posting “dibs” over and over again. As concerning as that is however, what ultimately disturbs me (and I suspect a few others here as well) is the fact that some older members are then taking those seeds that they got for free through OG, and are then turning back around offering to sell the seeds to the community because their grandma got hemorrhoids, or even to “benefit the server.” Since most everyone has cash flow issues at one point or another, others will see people doing that and follow suit, and I can imagine we will be seeing more of that in the future if it is allowed to continue.

19 Likes

agreed on the selling of free seeds, that’s just downright reprehensible! For any reason!
All my life in my travels, I’ve only gave away seeds, or traded them, never sold! I have sold some to commercial growers a couple of times, but that wasn’t ‘online’…

10 Likes

Might I suggest you go to the growing threads and post your problems, then you’ll receive a lot of ideas and what other folks do for those same problems. I’d also suggest you take what you need of that ‘advice’ and let the rest go lol

edit… You will get some BS advice as well, is why I say use what you want of it lol As an example, I recently went to a dispo here In the Tulsa area to see bout placing some product with them. There was a fella that actually worked there said to me he uses the energy drink ‘Monster’ on his plants…I left immediately!! lol

5 Likes

How else would you get “monster” plants? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

lol I still think I’m gonna pass on the energy drink for the girls

edit… btw, @Oldjoints , how’s that back doing? Better, I hope

1 Like

I have heard that before. Seltzer water. I had someone the other day tell me to give the last week of flowering a Coca-Cola

:scream: :scream: :astonished:

1 Like

The egg shell thing in vinegar

Some of the things people come up with. I did like the spray starch thing my buddy told me about. Spray starch for spider mites. I was thinking you could make your own with cornstarch. I can’t find neem oil. I went to four different places yesterday. I did find some new bug killer. It’s like Dr. earth final stop but not as expensive

1 Like

check on Amazon, they have plenty of Neem oil

2 Likes

When I first arrived at Overgrow I was looking to buy seeds, so that’s what I looked up ‘seeds’.

Wham, free seeds were on offer they weren’t what I was looking for but how often do you see free seeds (if you aren’t on Overgrow) so I asked for them, then some others and some more, they were on offer so why not right.

Then I had seeds and I was happy as Larry and stuck around for the other stuff I was hungry for, the information and there was and still is the most comprehensive amount of information about cannabis fuckin’ anywhere.

I used to read all new threads but that just got impossible as the members kept rolling in and starting more new threads.

After a while you get to know what section/thread/person to look for or ask when you have a specific question and on the flipside after learning you become a part of the cannabis library that someone else can look up and learn from.

For a while I felt a little guilty for asking for those seeds on my first few days here but I’ve stayed long enough to go full circle and make sure a few ‘one pips’ have taken home some loot and I am happy that they have them whether they stick around or never log in ever again because … OVERGROW. Don’t forget that ‘lurkers’ make up most of what this site is… people coming from search engines looking for information and just wanting to grow some pot🤠

I did not know that there has been a group buy scam, that’s really fuckin shithouse!

Now I forgot what I was going to say… you know the punchline. Oh well :slightly_smiling_face::beers:

21 Likes

Man alot of post to read lol

1 Like

Yeah like @JohnnyPotseed said amazon has alot in stock at least they did

1 Like

I just hope we can all get beyond all the rhetoric and get back to why we are all here. To help each other in growing this magnificent plant. And if a few free beans come and go, it’s all cool.

11 Likes

It definitely happened organically, and was definitely motivated by seeds- but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I always loved @ReikoX’s thread on Friday because it was like a hang out session. The weekly giveaway was what drew them there but it was blast. A bunch of people joking around in a good mood with some friendly competition. You would see people who weren’t even eligible that week just hanging out cause it’s a good time.

I then watched (and unwittingly helped) the free seed thread take on that atmosphere of a big hang. That’s why I don’t judge a member for a bunch of dibs posts. I look for what’s between the dibs posts and the ones that bother me are the ones that don’t have anything between, followed by ones that are just making generic nothing comments that you can tell are just to put something between dibs posts. Of course the pinnacle of shittiness is when you see the little blurb about “this is the first time _______ has posted welcome them” thing above a post calling dibs or asking about seeds.

I read up on this awhile back and they supposedly found plants like classical music the best. Rock and harder stuff not so much. My poor plants when I play guitar… lol I’m not playing for them but I play loud and they’re getting anything from Creedence to Pantera :laughing:

Isn’t coke super acidic? Bud Candy or some mollasses would be the plant version of Coca-Cola. Definitely the closest I’d give any of my girls anyway.

9 Likes

I have heard plants love music also, am i crazy lol

1 Like

What does molasses really do for plants or does it feed the soil