Environment here changed

That’s about profit though.

Now this is getting to be a very interesting and fruitful discussion.

Yes.

I don’t talk about my business or profits it makes openly either.

1 Like

Agreed and moved to the Private lounge, if someone disagrees it can be moved back, no prob … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

This isn’t a non-profit though, comparing it to one is disingenuous.

2 Likes

Thanks george

1 Like

Did Joe EVER state he was running a non-profit?

I’m new-ish, so I don’t know.

1 Like

You buy a bar because you love the environment. Just because it becomes more profitable does not necessarily change your motivation for owning it. It does not have to change the love of what you do or perspective, it can just be an added bonus.

7 Likes

Are you asking for donations? Or receiving a % from from auctions? That’s the difference. I’m sure your creating a good or offering a service in return for money.

“As a public tax-exempt organization, nonprofits have to disclose their financials. Nonprofit organizations should also make their board meetings and decisions as transparent as possible to better serve the community. Because nonprofits are funded by others, transparency is used to build trust.”

Now, I know this isn’t a non profit, but how many businesses do people just blindly donate money to?

3 Likes

While I think that is true one could also say how many businesses do people get to use for free? Just a thought, let’s all smoke a joint 48

Or pack a bong for those who prefer animbong

4 Likes

I’d file that under “none of my business”.

So his business, and I’m guessing financial investment is giving returns? Good.

Welcome to the internet.

2 Likes

But if you buy a bar, are people really just donating money? Or are you offering a service/product with an industry standard profit margin?

Remember loose lips sink ships it’s not the seed police but irs or revenue Canada or what ever country the sites hosted from .

3 Likes

I got a nice “Custom Title” :smiley:

3 Likes

But he’s making money by us being here, without users the ad revenue would dry up, as would sponsorships.

4 Likes

That’s kind of my point, wouldn’t most people prefer it was a non profit? You don’t need government oversight to answer to your donors, and if they aren’t donors they’re investors.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not calling for transparency. I don’t have enough skin in the game here to care. I just am trying to stay genuine to what I see as the core beliefs of the group.

2 Likes

Anywhere you see one of these.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a chef and tip culture is bullshit. You won’t pay your staff a living wage but beg your patrons to come in and make up the difference.

18 Likes

Oh I don’t disagree. We all see the ads so we know money is being made. I just think people tend to be more apt to donate to a place they get much from for no cost. That’s really the point I was trying to make.

2 Likes

I’d prefer if they paid us in seeds or cash per post or like, but that ain’t happening either

2 Likes