Ethylene-mediated metabolic priming increases photosynthesis and metabolism to enhance plant growth and stress tolerance | PNAS Nexus | Oxford Academic

I gotta agree with @ThePotanist on ‘healthy soil’ & microbial assistance. But i also agree with you @shag, lol I don’t count/depend on the microbial as much as I more count on it as a ‘gradual assist’ that comes as it comes. I go more aggressively/purposeful towards insuring my soil’s health.
If you go to my Circus thread, I just today posted a good number of pics… as you can see, all of the plants are lush, green and healthy.
https://overgrow.com/t/johnnypotseed-s-3-ring-circus-with-autos-photos-sex-reversals-that-is-part-7/

post #1515

from top to bottom, no yellow or dead/dying leaves. The plants weren’t ‘pruned’ to make em pretty for the camera, either! lol

edit… I lied! lol just looked harder at the pics, and did see a very few bottom leaves with some damage , maybe 4-5 out of all those plants. But I think it’s more from lack of light getting down to them than anything else.

4 Likes

Gotta agree with @shag and @JohnnyPotseed for the on demand part.

We used to think of hormones as acting individually to elicit response, but more recently we have discovered relative concentrations of hormones are more important.

While there isn’t a lot of information available yet in Cannabis, crop steering may be an option. Thats a little outside my realm of expertise so I can comment too much until I read more, but the results in horticulture crops seem promising.

I have a theory that crop steering is likely amplified with healthy soil microbial communities because of both plant and microbial produced phytohormones. I think this is only part of why it works, but I think ot could be an important mechanism. I’m working on a post discussing emergent properties of grow systems, but I think this could be a reason

4 Likes

Well they kinda do act individually but more importantly like you are saying they work better synergystically.

Now something to remember here is this is cultivar/variety/varietal dependant.

I think we need to start another thread, so we don’t drag this one too far off topic.