Everyday Haze Grow

I’ve read a few times that if you get twins, one of the two should basically be identical to the mom. Not sure how true that is though. Never had the mom available to check and I’ve only seen it myself once.

5 Likes

I’ve seen that written before as well. Curiously, between T3 and T4 at least, neither of them look like the mom. T3 maybe looks closest to the dad and T4 looks like something I’d expect to find in the F2 generation of the mom (not surprising to me for a BX1 generation of an F1 hybrid)… but they’re still young, so maybe it’ll change when it develops.

14 Likes

this man knows his phenos! :100: :fire:

4 Likes

That’s the awesome part of having him along for these grows for sure. He can guide us to the :fire:

5 Likes

You’re a quick study my friend, or you have just been getting lucky. Either way it works out :+1:

5 Likes

the haze master at work

5 Likes

good luck @Old-Ron, I hope you find what you are looking for. Good Haze can be hit or miss sadly anymore.
i miss late 1990’s-early 2000’s dutch Haze, before it got watered down.
Sensi Silver Haze was the bomb back then. Didnt even smell like weed. Sublime.
Old Sam Skunkmans Skunk x Haze was excellent too, and the seeds can be found around still.
Todd Mc Cormick has been working Nevil’s original Haze lines too for a long time (1990’s era) . Never grew any of his gear out tho yet.

7 Likes

I live the knowledge bombs around here for sure. I’m sure there must be some good phenos in there.

4 Likes

oh yea, Im wishing him all the best.
I love good Haze.
Its really been hit or miss with me getting a pheno Im looking for. It seems when you get more than a generation or 2 out of Nevils Original Haze and its original F1’s, the qualities that make it special can disappear. The floral/candy/soapy phenos are what I seek when searching a small population of seed.
His experience wont be the same as mine likely, Im just sharing my experience.
Good luck

4 Likes

@Silverhaze I know they smell and look you are talking about. I grew 21 Hawaiian Haze plants from bag seeds. 19 were nice smooth smoke. The last plant I harvested, was the one. The smell reminded me of the original Bubble Yum. So sweet smelling it was almost too sweet. Smoke was amazing. It had it all. Unfortunately my mom plant got spider mites bad. Trashed her. Not dealing with it.

I do have one cut vegging, and 2 flowering. Fingers crossed they have that.

6 Likes

The haze in this line is actually Oldtimer’s Haze. If you know about that one, it’s one of the more interesting hazes, because it’s maybe the only one you can buy that isn’t offspring to the haze that Sam the Skunkman brought to Holland.

So it’s existed entirely outside of Dutch circles, and has more phenotype expressions and tends to look less refined. It’s maybe what you could call a more “primitive” haze line. I know Charlie Garcia and some guys at Ace have been working with it for a number of years now. They used it in a hybrid (Panama / OT Haze) that is strongly featured in this line. They used 2 selections of OT haze, one green and one purple #23. The expression of my mother plant is definitely from the purple. I know that OT Haze can go 20+ weeks easily, so what I really liked about this one is that it is only a 12 week strain and still heavy on the haze terps. I’d say it’s heavier on the incense terpenes and less heavy on the musty terpenes I’ve tried from the Dutch hazes. But I’ve never grown a pure OT haze yet, so I don’t know if that’s a general characterization of the OT haze line, or just their selected purple #23 ot haze or if it’s a result of the hybrid with their panama.

But I think the OT haze line has some really good potential. It really added a haze kick to the panama haze hybrid, and if you snoop around icmag, there’s a number of other people who have spoken very highly of it as well. If there’s 1 strain to buy from Ace, PH would be my pick.

17 Likes

I cleaned up the plants and removed most of the lower leafs. I turned the led up slightly, however the plants did not react well to it. I will raise it more in about a week. There is a wide variety of growth rates. The last seedling to come up is slowly recovering from moving it to a solo cup. Will most likely put it in a one gallon pot this weekend. The plants are 3 weeks old and will switch the tent to flowering in a few weeks.

The twins are growing along. Twins #1 & 2 are very similar in growth, with #1 being slightly larger:

The other set of twins has a wider difference in growth and appearance: #3 is much larger then #4 and shows a big difference in appearance to me.

The rest of the group.

25 Likes

The kids look happy!

2 Likes

Lookin good @Old-Ron what up with EH 4 ?

2 Likes

I think it is thirsty. I did notice that taking the pictures this morning. Have to see how it is after a drink later.

4 Likes

Since my work schedule has been busier lately, I have not been able to update the grow in a while. The plants are 4 weeks old. They are in organic soil. Had one feeding of liquid kelp and one feeding of Medusa’s Magic. Fed every week with cal/mag and sweet. The soil was amended with EWC, blood meal, bone meal, DE and lime. They are running under LEDs with 480-watt drivers. They are set around 80%.

Starting with the 2 sets of twins. Number T1 and T2 have the largest size difference at 2”. T1 is 6”, while T2 is 8”. Both have tight spacing of nods. Have 7 finger leaves.

T3 and T4 have a 1.5” in size difference, both are the shortest of the plants. T3 is 6” while T4 is 4.5”. They have just started to grow 7 finger leaves yet.

EDH1 is 7” tall. Nice spacing and, has 7 finger leaves.

EDH2 is 8.5”. There is more space between the nodes then most of the other plants. Has 7 finger leaves.

EDH3 is the second tallest plant at 9.5”. Nice spacing. Strong looking stalk

EDH4 was topped to the 3rd node. It is now 4” but has 4 tops.

EDH5 is one of my favorite plants and one of the 2 I identified as a possible keeper. It is 8.5”. Structure and stalk are nice. Already has 9 finger leaves.

EDH6 is my other favorite plant. I looked at this one as an early candidate for a keeper. It is second tallest at 9.5”. It has started to form 9 finger leaves. I feel it has the nicest all-around characteristics of all the plants.

EDH7 is the tallest plant by far. Standing at 13 inches it is almost 50% taller than the next tallest plant. It has the largest spacing. It is still only forming 7 finger leaves.

The plan is to veg for 2 more weeks until November 1st. Any known females will be put in 3 gallon fabric pots. All the other plants will be re-potted after they show sex. Cuttings will be taken from the females.

16 Likes

Nice! I like the look of that #6 as well. Very attractive plant. I have a few started as well, I should have some pictures to add soon.

I’m really curious to see what comes out of that tall plant. I wonder how different it’ll be when it flowers.

7 Likes

Nice write up @Old-Ron!!

3 Likes

I have been noticing the plants are looking taller and a little fuller. I measured some and over half have grew 3-4 inches in the last 3 days. Of the 11 plants 6 are are a foot or more tall with #7 being the tallest at 16". All the other plants grew 2 inches.

#6 is really setting itself apart from the rest.

6 Likes

Group shot of the Haze

18 Likes