Exhausting between walls….

Going to run all 40 feet otherwise I’m over a drop ceiling in the middle room

Bad idea. Is there an outside wall in the grow area?

Mine actively vents out of tent, then passively vents to adjacent rooms. I only usually grow 4 plants though.

Yes right to a sidewalk.

Perfect I suggest going through that wall and exhausting there

You probably have roof vents especially if you have gas appliances. Gas appliances exhaust somewhere either through the roof or chimney flue. You can add a y to that existing ducting and exhaust through the roof vents.

You could cut a hole in the wall and install an AC register on the other side. You can attach the necessary hvac fitting and vent directly into a neighboring room without it being suspect or looking ugly in your home. ~$30 solution

I just ran 9 5ft sections of 6” to a room in the basement entirely across from the room. Took me hour and a half but should be set.

2 Likes

Any sort of combustion appliance exhaust is specifically designed and specd to move poisonous gases out of your house, and only that. Adding grow exhaust to a chimney, or exhaust for an oil or gas appliance is a good way to end up dead. Just because people get away with it, doesn’t mean it is a good idea.

Just saying.

2 Likes

that’s why i said to use the sewer vents. even then you gotta be careful but it is unlikely to kill you, just smell bad. i think what was done will be fine though. worst case he needs a dehumidifier.

1 Like

Lol sir lol

Roof vents are passive in most cases, power vents are only used to cool attics because all these gases naturally rise out of the home, there is no fan in your chimney to pull them out lol

But what do I know, I just write roof estimates all day for a living :joy::joy:

Yeah, I know there is no fan in the chimney, because it is designed to use the cooling gasses to draw the gasses away from the point of combustion.

They are not designed to have air blown into them with a fan.

Run it out of the side of the house out a dryer vent.

2 Likes