Extra Long Tank bulkheads

Anyone seen or have an on-line source that can supply extra long tank bulkheads? Looking for something that can be used on wall thicknesses of 2.75 - 3 inches for 1/2 to 3/4 inch OD NPT.

e.g.

I’ve found some suppliers but they are either custom fabricated or they need to go through a quotation process = $$$. There must be some stock out there that can be ordered on-line. Anyone have a source? Thanks.

3 Likes

Wall thickness is gonna be hard to find… How crafty are you?

You could make something out of aquarium silicone and PVC fairly easily if you’re willing to let it (silicone) dry completely.

3 Likes

I think I’ve seen them with threading on the inside… thread in a pvc piece

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, it appears this might an unusual request. DIY may be the option if nothing pops out. Probably the least expensive option, too.

2 Likes

Thanks @Grower13.

Interesting. Hmmm, I guess I could fabricated a short section between two of those fittings eliminating the nut. I’ll need to explore this idea.

1 Like

use pvc to extend the length of your bulkhead… get a threaded adapter to pvc and then put a pvc to thread adapter on the other end of pvc extension.

3 Likes

It turns out that the wall thickness on the cooler I’m installing bulkheads into are not as thick as the manufacturer states. What a surprise, huh?

Good thing is, there are bulkheads available that can manage the reduced thickness. In this case, Hayward has some PVC bulk heads (BFA series) that can accommodate thick walls:

These should work for my application as is.

Thanks everyone for the help and the great ideas!

Works!

Final application of the use case for these bulkheads :