(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

i read something way back that was similar, it was a while ago so i dont remember all the details, but it was saying what you said above but they also said depending on the light nutrients you gave the plants would have a higher female than male. it could work or it could just be nature, i will believe in the magic of babying the plants for higher female cause i do the same and have good luck with getting females than males. ill look up on sending a message later to the above for some lambs bread seed. mim telling you lambs bread is some real good smoke and i haven’t had anything like it before or after my taste with it

6 Likes

I’ll save that info!, I’m going to see if I can grab a pack from him next week, these are the ones younare growing right? Also on the tlt jamaican, well, ime if they all come out like that its either the seeds(which it can be for sure), or maybe a general care that you are doing to them and they dont like, but seeing the other ones i doubt it so my guess will be the seeds, maybe too old or who knows.
Also on the f/m ratio thats not bro science at all, certain conditions on young seedlings affects their sex, also depends on the genetic itself, i’ve had ketama runs along cream caramel(regs f1) and the ketama was mostly males while I haven’t seen a cream caramel male yet(same environment and everything)

1 Like

That’s another factor, nutrients, that’s why I usually like to run a strain first as a test and then do the real grow when I know it. Definitely a lot of things but males arent that bad of a thing! If you dont like them, chop them!

In a lab they are sexing plants now when they have the first leaves after the cotyledons. I’m thinking something must be happening before then. I found wild plants before that popped up in one of my old patches or in
someone elses patch that I stumble across and invariably there are very high percentages of males. One spot I found years ago we dug up some seedlings and 12 for 12 they were males. Over the years I had plenty of plants pop up on my own in my own patches and these also always had higher male percentages than the unsexed plants I brought in did.
Yes these are monkey puzzles Lambsbread I’m growing now. The Landrace team may or may not be Lambsbread.

@blendmedmedman old high times article gave lots of tips to get more ladies. Seemed to work. Seedlings get low n, high p for more fem among other things like lighting and temperature.

5 Likes

@Upstate maybe thats where i seen it, you know you pick up info and dont remember where. it is interesting though if what factors that could play a role in male/female plants.

@Ras i like males when i need them, honestly dont mind them- sometimes but having females is nice if your not wanting to make seed. i usually do the test runs as well so i can see and learn how the plant grows, so i agree with you on that

3 Likes

I have found what I did read in the past, interesting subject … empollon|nullxnull

10 Likes

very nice thanks for sharing @George

4 Likes

@Upstate - Been doin a bit of research and I’m fairly sure TLT’s version has never been labeled as Lambsbread. The term they use is Longtime. After reading a couple articles and posts by the person who is claimed to have given it to TLT it looks like they claim it’s pure Jamaican and that’s it. (I would post more of my findings but I’m not sure how far the ToS will bend when the information comes from other forums)

The interesting thing is they don’t claim Lambsbread “smells” they claim “flavors”. This changed quite a bit on my thoughts towards this plant. It’s not a smell… the smell is supposed to be tropical and sweet. The flavor though can be woody and like grilled lamb… I think this is what makes this plant so interesting. I can smoke a piney bud with a hint of lime and other people I’m smoking it with will taste something entirely different. I am now in belief that the flavor exists… but most people will be unable to identify the smell which corresponds to this specific taste. Only people who have been around and grown the plant who know it, will know it. Everyone else will be unable to identify it (as we’ve never smelled it before) and we won’t know until we get to sample each Jamaican variation to see if it’s there. I feel like when we find it, we may experience the same feeling as when we first got high.

For the rest of the OG crew, I received my 10 TLT Jamaican Longtime seeds in the mail this week, along with 10 Monkey Puzzle Genetics Red Lambsbread. I also couldn’t help myself and purchased a Panama Red x Lambsbread cross from Snowhigh. I will also be attempting to purchase 20 Lambsbread seeds from Hempdepot in the very near future so I will have a good amount of Jamaican material to work with (already have RSC’s Double Jam too). The downside is, my focus is primarily on mutant strains and I simply don’t have enough space to work with the Jamaicans this year, with what I’ve already got going. I will be watching and gleaning as much info as I can from this thread. Upstate is a huge role model for me right now. Plants look lovely and I definitely don’t have that kind of experience. I hope others will join the search for this holy grail of a plant. I will continue to wait patiently until the time is right for me to join the search!

13 Likes

Well, I guess as with most things in this field, more research is needed, but while it comes we can stick to what experience has taught us!
That patch males seems weird hmm maybe you should do a study on that comparing plants and soils and everything, maybe grab a little bit of soil and put a seedling there indoors and try
Also on the monkey puzzles, definitely im grabbimg a pack from them, since this are my last seeds I buy probably in a long time :rofl:, the tlt as far as I know as @crunkyeah said I think its just a long flowering landrace from jamaica

1 Like

I mean! Obviously like you say!, Males arent always welcomed, and more if you are looking for bud, but thats an argument ive had a long time, feminized seeds vs regular, imo I think chopping males aint a hard labour, and you can detect it in a time where it hasnt dropped a single bit of pollen, and for the traits regular seeds give I take that work with pleasure

2 Likes

Nice info on the TLT one!! Also damn! I see we are on the same route!, Im getting some double jam f4 fron kwik, some lambsbread from monkey and probably the original double jam from USC, i would love to ‘separate’ the mother genetics from the father and make some kind of blue mountain with just a bit of lambsbread and viceversa

2 Likes

@Ras - I have to agree with you on reg vs fem seed. I’ve grown and enjoyed both. The thing I’ve noticed is the regular seed females seem to be quite a bit more stable than a feminized seed female. I’m sure this is another one of those ‘more research needed’. Of course every fem I’ve tried has been a polyhybrid so there’s that too.

Nice to know there’s a few of us who want to search these legendary genetics! I guess I’m a little clueless here… I thought the USC Double Jam is the beginning of the kwik’s Double Jam F4. Basically the USC version is F1 and the Kwik version has been worked to F4… that’s how I understand it anyways. If you have access to the original F1s that would be awesome to see those! According to the strain’s description for the F1 version the original mother plant was a purple Lambsbread.

It’s for this reason I also had to purchase Snowhigh’s Panama Red x Lambsbread. Even though it’s crossed with Panama Red, the strain description says there should be purple colors in the F1 generation. I don’t know what my obsession is with purple and mutated cannabis strains but I will definitely be looking for any specimens who show purple colors. I don’t expect any but it would be a pleasant surprise… whenever I do get a chance to run them.

2 Likes

I think the reg vs fem talk also should include that by no means feminizing its a natural thing, and we see that when we play with nature we get bad shit, at least thats my point of view, i see regs as more stable, but also on some f’s more genetic variability(obviously), curious thing most old school strains or landraces(im talking 80-90s) its regs and hasnt been made into fems at least known to be the same.
About the double jam thing, the original was USC, they still sell beans but just through e-mail, the kwik one I was talking to the guy and he said it wasn’t the USC double jam, in fact he stated me that since it was adapted in Spain it could have a little bit of NL in it(not bad, easy to spot), i think they just got a lambsbread and a blue mountain and crosses until f4 but who knows, I didnt wanted to bother him more :joy:, i hope I get all the seeds around this month, I will be doing it in my thread but gotta keep an eye on this one to look for info, also as soon as I have some seeds of them im eager to trade man, i love it
On the red ones, definitely its a beautiful thing to see as well as mutations, I hope you get em all red/purple!! Also if you like red/purple strains maybe check out siberian ruderalis, maybe not for harvest but as base for crosses or just to make your garden beautiful they are awesome, they get reeeeally deep red and purple colors, I got a male who literally looks like lavender and its not a rare thing

3 Likes

I ran El Aleph Double Jam - Blue Mountain x Orange Hill
It had some purple(ish) colored flowers and red and purple trikes !

like this :

29 Likes

Astonishing! icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

2 Likes

Shameless plug for my Lagkitan landraces… yes they’re not Jamaican BUT the one in the back on the right is! That’s my Kwik seeds Double Jam F4

Smells very Jamaican. It’s slightly woody and has something special to it. Can’t really say what it’s like but the smell is unlike any plant I’ve ever grown. This seed broke ground on Mar 10, 2022 by the way. It’s quite vigorous!

10 Likes

Those plants are beautiful!! But as you can see it definitely is more on the 50/50 side of the cross, thin blades but not really thin, i guess thats the jamaican blue mountain giving a fatter leave to the lambsbread, also those lagkitan look awesome !!!

1 Like

El Aleph - Double Jam

Colorful and huge outdoors !!!

(not my pics)

23 Likes

That is something else, freaky, in a good way!

5 Likes

3 of the females. Adjusted to the soil now and growing side branches. Males are spilling pollen, which I am collecting. Plants are not far enough along to be fertilized yet. Soon.

32 Likes