(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

@Upstate - Of the 3 ladies I think I like the structure of the second lady the most. It looks more tropical to me, even though 1 and 2 are quite similar.

What do they smell like? They look amazing. Cheers!

1 Like

No smell except for a stem rub which is on the floral side for the tall ones. There is another shorter female, same phenotype as the tall ones and one more unknown sex of the same phenotype as the third picture. Four boys, four girls, one unknown. I’ll check the stem rub smell of all the plants tonight @crunkyeah. One other little thing. I am talking to a guy about New York Piff heirloom and he says there are meaty phenotypes.

10 Likes

Kwik seeds Double Jam F4:

The stems are fairly red. I’m interested to see what happens when it begins flowering. Smells like paradise. When I rub the stem and smell it, it reminds me of being on a beach, with seagulls and sunshine.

10 Likes

I have some Malawi from RSC that I’m probably not going to pop any time soon if you want them.

Also ended up getting some stuff off of Steve, his Cambodian Red seemed like a no brained as well as some of his unlisted work that he was willing to sell me

6 Likes

Maybe those red stems are a trait of the true lambsbread, kwik seeds double jam could be just an f4 from the USC one, since USC used the Bushman lambsbread to do it kinda makes sense comparing it to MPG one

2 Likes

Did you pick up any Honey?

2 Likes

Its more purple than red in my case. Pretty.

Seems to be more than one Lambsbread, which was more a generic term for kind bud in Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean. For me, the Lambsbread I’ve always wanted to smoke was one Bob Marley himself puffed on and this here is most definitely one of them.

7 Likes

Yep I did pick up 10 Honey too. If you were asking me anyways.

I definitely agree with you though… that Lambsbread that Bob Marley smoked on… I want that too. Fortunate to have good material to search through! It will be a fun journey to begin. Sadly I’m going to have to wait until the end of August at least until I have enough room for them.

2 Likes

It was a close call but unfortunately not.

I got Lyric which is said to have piney, herbal, cedar wood notes and a cerebral high that is the closest he’s come to a 70’s Thai. Also got two heirlooms from a farming family he deals with that never share their varieties, he just started to flower his so he couldn’t tell me much but assured me it’s good if the guy he got it from says so. And the C. Red

2 Likes

@District_Flora.

Is that Hach? He is a local Cambodian contact of his. In jail at the moment unfortunately. The creator of " Honey" I think. I have one labeled Hach’s gift. Sure to be a good one.
Thankyou for the Malawi offer but I’m after the other one.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s the one. Hach’s Gift and the other is PukPok, he had said Hach gave it to him even though his family wouldn’t approve of him handing out their varieties.

Gotcha

2 Likes

Exactly, thats what I mean, the one smoked by them, we’ll see how those double jam go and how much of the vibes collective lambs it has

3 Likes

Any opinions on Steve’s cambodians and other strains? Since I bought the LB from him ive been thinking of doing another order on him for those cambodian and exotic lines

3 Likes

You don’t see many Cambodian lines out there. The fact is, Steve is in a crazy part of the world today, but maybe not tomorrow. I’d scoop up all you can when you can. It’s a really unique genepool and has not been hit by hybrids like much of the rest of Southeast Asia. Couple that with the fact that many Cambo lines seem to have come from further North with migrations of Khmer people and thus have unique growing habits.

10 Likes

Lambsbread are coming along. 3 of 4 females are making flowers now. Not quite pinky nail size, which is where I like them for pollinating. Secondary branches are filling in. Height is over 4 feet, probably 5 feet for the two big ones, 3 1/2 feet and 3 feet for the other 2. I Went ahead and upotted these into 5 gallon containers, which I may regret, but figured with a 4 female plant preservation run, bigger is better.
There is one female that is different from the others. Fatter leaves, stockier build, slightly shorter stature. This one has only pre flowered and this weekend will be the end of week 13 flowering. This will be the longest flowering plant I have grown.
The male plants are in full flower in isolation for now, save one, which is the same pheno as miss forever flower. That one has just started to make mature flowers. Pictures coming…

44 Likes

Right on track homie! Solid update, thanks for sharing the antici…

…pation

5 Likes

Yea baby! They are looking great.

4 Likes

I’ll second that, they’re looking marvelous.

2 Likes

This is such a fun grow to check in on once in awhile. Stoked to see how they look in the end, but the ride there has been awesome so far :sunglasses:

1 Like

How much light total on those Lambsbread?

1 Like