(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

I’m with @Tejas, these are looking like they’d be trees if allowed. Interesting they’re so hungry but not that surprising when I remember those “Jamaican” things from Ace I’m still smoking on. They were ravenous.

I read that again and man that’s some hot soil!

3 Likes

Lol…“Holy Bajeezus!”

1 Like

The lighting makes the color look off, but they are happy. It may look like it, but the twin towers aren’t hungry, they want a lighter soil next transplant. This one was a little strong for those two and lightenened them up in color a shade within a week of last transplant. The others all enjoyed it.
@GREANDAL yeah those two want to be trees. They are in one gallon containers. Transplanting them this weekend.

12 Likes

which Jamaican are you talking about?

2 Likes

They look wonderful, gotta love the thin leaves!!
Also the little skinny ones are from TLT right? Jamaican from them? I was looking a while ago to that bank and was about to buy some beans

3 Likes

Yes the little ones are the vertically challenged TLT (stands for Tiny Little Things, :rofl:) Jamaican headstash run turned into a seed run. Pretty cranky about it. I could either harvest a half ounce total from 6 ladies after half a year or make some seeds to swap with anyone that will pick me up a pack of landrace team Malawi, which is much cheaper than their jamaica long flower.( 100 euros instead of 170 from strainly) I had only one two year old TLT Malawi seed out of 30 germinate and i need to replace them for preservation…The Freaker’s have a Malawi run going now but only with a few plants from @tejas seeds as mine were toast. Someday we will add to the gene pool. I’ll test the Jamaica long flower seeds first to make sure there is nothing wrong with them. I know this is potent herb. I think i screwed the plants up very badly somehow early on. Soil was off is my guess.
Seeds from the quick to trigger phenos ( 2)are coming along and are getting close to being ripe. They were made with a quick triggering male. I Just sexed a male and female that were very late to mature and will make a longer flowering selection with that one lady. The females that were in the middle, neither quick nor late, will get pollen from all 3 males. None of the plants are fast flowering, but some are faster. There will be 10 seeds from each selection available for trade soon.

Out of the two there is no question Monkey Puzzles’ Vibes Collective Lambsbread is easier to grow and flowers more uniformly. We are sure its a Lambsbread strain. Its cheaper. Steve’s a straight shooter.

10 Likes

Are these the ones with the blue mountain as the father. I guess well be able to tell abit better as they grow, i cant even tell properly myself yet. I think another set of beans were put out with the col jam father too. I know one of the old guys from the team who originaly saved this one only gives it via signed contract with a few conditions. So will be nice to see them in your hands an will be cool to see how they come out for you @upstate.

1 Like

Bloody hell upstate what happened to them (long time weed) did they all come out like that ? I wonder how old those seeds were an how these been kept before getting to the tlrt. Has anyone else grown them, i wonder if the guy who has been originally keeping them an reproducing them has messed them up. I know he would of only been working with very small numbers every time.

2 Likes

Steve Dando had his IG page closed on him. His new IG page is @monkeypuzzlegenetics. For Lambsbread seeds Monkeypuzzlegenetics@ yahoo.com. no direct messages for seeds on IG.
@NIGHTMARE I’m not sure yet about tlt jlf. They are all stunted. Never had this happen before. The latest pheno is growing…a little. I’m betting the seeds I make will perform better. 8 inches tall at least lol. Haven’t seen another grow of them. Realistically I think it was me and not the seeds… The other Lambsbread are surely pure. Finally sexed at week 8 flowering. 5 males, 4 females.
About this ratio of m/ f plants. Since I STOPPED babying my sativa seedlings I have consistently gotten good numbers of male plants. Nearly 50 50 with most of them. All in fact, but Thai.

7 Likes

What do you mean? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

I used to keep them warm and kept humidity higher when they were very young. Now i do 55 degrees at night and humidity was around 20-40% when plants were young. The latest round of seedlings ( now)was treated as I used to do. Warmer nights and higher humidity most of the time. I expect more females. We shall see.

6 Likes

Thanks, heard about it nefore but was unsure if it was broscience :sweat_smile:, no males wanted here … no|nullxnull

3 Likes

Testing for sex can be done at a very young age, but I believe there is some wiggle room to change things before, and possibly after sex can be determined in a lab, based on 30 years experience growing from seed. Quite possible that the treatment the SEEDS get prior to germination effect the ratios, too. Sure like to see an experiment done here on OG. Might be Bro science, but my personal experiences lead me to think it is not.

7 Likes

i read something way back that was similar, it was a while ago so i dont remember all the details, but it was saying what you said above but they also said depending on the light nutrients you gave the plants would have a higher female than male. it could work or it could just be nature, i will believe in the magic of babying the plants for higher female cause i do the same and have good luck with getting females than males. ill look up on sending a message later to the above for some lambs bread seed. mim telling you lambs bread is some real good smoke and i haven’t had anything like it before or after my taste with it

6 Likes

I’ll save that info!, I’m going to see if I can grab a pack from him next week, these are the ones younare growing right? Also on the tlt jamaican, well, ime if they all come out like that its either the seeds(which it can be for sure), or maybe a general care that you are doing to them and they dont like, but seeing the other ones i doubt it so my guess will be the seeds, maybe too old or who knows.
Also on the f/m ratio thats not bro science at all, certain conditions on young seedlings affects their sex, also depends on the genetic itself, i’ve had ketama runs along cream caramel(regs f1) and the ketama was mostly males while I haven’t seen a cream caramel male yet(same environment and everything)

1 Like

That’s another factor, nutrients, that’s why I usually like to run a strain first as a test and then do the real grow when I know it. Definitely a lot of things but males arent that bad of a thing! If you dont like them, chop them!

In a lab they are sexing plants now when they have the first leaves after the cotyledons. I’m thinking something must be happening before then. I found wild plants before that popped up in one of my old patches or in
someone elses patch that I stumble across and invariably there are very high percentages of males. One spot I found years ago we dug up some seedlings and 12 for 12 they were males. Over the years I had plenty of plants pop up on my own in my own patches and these also always had higher male percentages than the unsexed plants I brought in did.
Yes these are monkey puzzles Lambsbread I’m growing now. The Landrace team may or may not be Lambsbread.

@blendmedmedman old high times article gave lots of tips to get more ladies. Seemed to work. Seedlings get low n, high p for more fem among other things like lighting and temperature.

5 Likes

@Upstate maybe thats where i seen it, you know you pick up info and dont remember where. it is interesting though if what factors that could play a role in male/female plants.

@Ras i like males when i need them, honestly dont mind them- sometimes but having females is nice if your not wanting to make seed. i usually do the test runs as well so i can see and learn how the plant grows, so i agree with you on that

3 Likes

I have found what I did read in the past, interesting subject … empollon|nullxnull

10 Likes

very nice thanks for sharing @George

4 Likes