👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

BOO!

It’s been long enough so I poked around in the 4 solo cups doing zilch and lo and behold the seeds look the same.

Gonna wait until Dec 7th’s :full_moon: to try again with 2 more of the Texada Timewarp , 2 more Chocolate Chunk and 2 more of the Blackout Bobby x Superfreak testers.

I’ll also crack these dug up seeds and toss em on soaked EWC to see if anything happens :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Finally caught up here! You have a tonna great things happening here @Pigeonman ! Your mastergrower course is showing! Haha!

2 Likes

Ha! Thanks! It really did fill in many blanks and then of course I rabbit hole even more. lol.

4 Likes

You dont know what you dont know until you know you dont know what you thought you knew was just the beginning of a never ending journey! Ya know? Lol

2 Likes

The "Bespoke " family:

15 Likes

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO:

:metal: :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

:arrow_double_down: :play_or_pause_button: :arrow_double_down:

Well my day got amazing and intense with what I found on my doorstep today and I am both humbled and extremely grateful!

Thank you so much @MarsHydro for your generosity with this FC-6500 LED bar light. :pray:

I still am in disbelief that my number came up in the give-a-way even though I just spent the last 2 hours re-doing my 4x4 tent installing this BEAST!

All the work will be worth it; and much of this I was going to do eventually but now had my “rubber arm” twisted with this new light.

The 4x4 before the changes for reference while it was still sporting the 2x Mars Hydro TSL-2000 fixtures; which are now my back-up spares. :hugs:

The FIRST CHANGE was to insulate the floor by putting in anti-fatigue matting on the tents floor as insulation.

This was then all covered with the “drip tray” that is built for the tent.

I removed the older 6" Vivosun fan which was taking up too much space inside. There’s nothing wrong with it and I will be installing it into the MedCAB tomorrow as nothing is running in there right now.

Additionally the small black fan I had aimed down from the tents roof was removed to see what kind of headroom i can get with this new light. I’ve been wanting to swap this black fan out for a squatter box-type fan which will take up less of a vertical footprint anyway while doing the same job as the round black fan. :+1:

Now on-top (outside) the tent replacing the Vivosun 6" inline fan is the AC Infinity 6" inline fan from the MedCAB. It all fits “neatly enough” along side the 6" inline duct booster that pulls excess air from both top venting holes on either side of the tent via a Y junction section of rigid ducting.

As I said, it’s “Neat Enough”. :rofl: :metal:

I needed 4x hanging points for the 2x MH TSL-2000 lights so I’m glad that Mars Hydro supplied 2x metal-cable Y adaptors along side the 2x heavy-duty ratchet hangers so it’s now all a 2 hanging point set-up. Sure the 4x points with 2x lights allowed for moving tall plants to one side with short on the other for different hanging heights in the same tent but that’s not ever going to be the case with this fixture.

This fixture is all about the even PFFD spread and they aren’t fucking around with the design!

I needed to unfold it carefully into the tent as it fits my 4x4 tent with very little wiggle room. This is not a bad thing by far, but it does have me now changing my future upgrade plans from a new 4x4 tent to a 5x5. The extra footprint will give me that luxury while I can still maintain the growing within the 4x4 sweet spot.

This took some finagling as I lifted it up slowly from back to front gradually until the first set of issues presented themselves.

My 2x2 horizontal supports are there to both secure items as well as to prevent negative pressure from caving in the tent’s walls… but they were also in the way of the light. :rofl:

The solution was to raise them as high as possible so they are pressed right up to the 6" flexible ducting that draws air out through the 6" inline vent booster. I also then had to move the horizontally hung tower fan as high as it could go which turned out to thankfully be above the maximum hanging height of the FC-6500 with the Y-cables attached.

IF I go back to 4-point hanging I can get the fixture higher up; but to be honest that’s too much of a pain so I’m thinking of rigging up extra hook points at equals spaces apart so I can take up the slack of the Y-cable.

This is the bonus of buying 2x extra ceiling support bars to increase my hanging points… the tent only came with 2… there’s now 4 making for a fantastic workable grid. :grin:

With the TSL-2000’s I still had great quality of light but the throw spread was very different and i’m really gonna love getting used to this type of set-up. :+1:

The best working height from the canopy is suggested at 12", 18" & 24" with diminishing returns for throw distance and throw focus at 36" or beyond. This is why the dimming feature is so critical with LED bar-type fixtures like this.

Testing with a meter shows this rapid fall of rather steady with what the online documentation states so it’s crucial for max DLI that I keep the fixture to canopy distance as even as I can muster.

For now the headroom has been maxed out and by moving around everything I can now move the fixture freely down to the working height and then slowly up as the plants do their thing skywards in conjunction with the dimmer. :seedling: :sunglasses: :seedling:

Now I need to throw a frozen pizza in the oven and then go back downstairs to water everything and then set the parameters on the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 and twist a dimmer knob.

:metal: :grin: :+1:

(And then eat the pizza! :pizza: )

25 Likes

I like the anti-fatigue mat idea…I may steal that one off ya. Also like the idea of having the inline outside for more room…looks good @Pigeonman

4 Likes

Have you checked out my new thread, Choco O late ? It’s got Chocolate :chocolate_bar: :yum:

4 Likes

DOLLAR STORE FOR THE WIN!

Oh you know I’m stalking your efforts there bruv :drooling_face:

3 Likes

CLOSURE!

:grin:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (18)

:scream:

:sunglasses:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (17)

:hugs:

25 Likes

Now THAT is a legit tent setup!

3 Likes

Looks excellent can’t wait to see the plants take off with your new light.

1 Like

@Pigeonman
You are gonna love that light. I have the smaller version of that FC E48000 in one of my 4X4 tents. And I love it. I will be interested in seeing how far you can turn it up. Mine? At about 85% I feel it’s just about right.

4 Likes

I’m currently running at 78% @BigMike55 and looking forward to seeing what happens :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just feel those bar style lights spread out the light better and being closer to the edge makes for better reflected light too. My old light had a nice concentration in the middle but fell off big-time the closer you got to the edge.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the setup comments and pics with the set-up ,very helpful. You really made the most of your win. Congrats You deserve it!!!

2 Likes

Fuck it!

3 out of 4 seeds that didn’t germinate split open when pressed so they are in water again while the 4th seed just crushed. We’ll see what happens but I’m not expecting to see anything tomorrow morning.

Otherwise I’ve scuffed and started soaking additionally:

2x Chocolate Chunk → (1 of 2 initially germinated)
2x Texada Timewarp → (1 of 2 initially germinated)
2x Blackout Bobby x Superfreak (1st testers) → (0 of 2 initially germinated)

I’m determined to get at least 1 female of each of the above so I might as well get these beans wet asap so they can catchup with the 2 that are already growing.

It’s also the end of the transition week for the Winter run. I’ve already got my pre-sexing Male suspects marked with tags and will keep an eye on those harsher than the others which have all shown no sign of :banana:

Frustratingly the Bubblegum5000 plant is one of the ones marked as is the Thai. @SativaKid worked really hard on this Thai so I’m thinking if it’s a male I’ll do a pollen run for breeding purposes. :+1:

9 Likes

Sudden urge moment:

I’m 90% certain that the Tropicana Poison, Rockstar #1, and Thai are all males as they all show the same signs of “micro-balls” where the other 6 plants are not.

This prompted me to do one of two things:

1. Remove the suspect “males” and cull them early to make space…

or

1. take the hour to set-up the ducting to vent the MedCab 2x4 outside so if I miss any pollen drop it wont matter.

I chose option 2 and hauled ass before making dinner because to be honest I’ve been slacking off on doing this for a long time so I might as well get my shit together with this tent to match it up with all the others.

:rofl: :+1:

Now I can wait without worry and see how everything develops. The MedCab uses 2x Mars Hydro TS1000 lights so I only have 1x on with the 3x plants in there. I’ll need to strategize how to go about collecting pollen off the Thai as I do not want to do this downstairs.

I’ll prob move the solo-cup run downstairs and move the Thai upstairs to collect the pollen far away from anything in flower. :sneezing_face:

This does mean more stair climbing to look after the solo-cups but it’ll just keep my ass firm. :ok_hand:

I’ll take pics tomorrow as this weekend was nice and active enough to make it complicated enough to not want to take on the additional mental load of taking pics… instead I just stood and basked in all of it’s glory!

:metal: :rofl:

8 Likes

I have some JOTI Texada Timewarp too if you want to try those…let me know.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exploding_head: :heart_eyes: