Favorite Blueberry strains?

Hey all! Longshot here. Quick catch up: I have a “DJ Short Blueberry clone.” I talked my friend into letting me blow it up under my LEDs. was chilling under a CFL, and make clones while I have nothing flowering.

This was acquired from an OG’er. I would much like to know more specifics on what it actually is, like what generation or if it was a seed run and this was a found keeper etc. Feel free to message me.

My fave was sags original bubbleberry, straight candy. Not sure how the new double berry is though…what he calls it now. Next would be original sweet tooth breeder Steve. Don’t really see many “candy” strains these days with all the og’s and cookies. Cookies is more of a bakery smell…not my cup of tea personally.

2 Likes

Did your friend have any info on it?

Dj Short has quite a few blueberry strains out in the wild. I imagine without more details it will be nearly impossible to track down.

Flowering will be the only thing that can tell you what you need to know for certain in my opinion

1 Like

I’ve recently cropped my Blueberry Hill from herbies, it’s too indica but I liked it

rgr, I’ll pick at him again. was hoping whoever he got it from would see. This would have been within the last 3 months I would say.

GDK is absolute fire. I had to buy another pack after growing the first round

2 Likes

@Josh_Blue has some really good crosses with dj’s blueberry. I know he touched on that already. Calco genetics has some good blueberry lines as well and runs pretty good deals every now and then.

3 Likes

So I’m definitely grabbing some of the Blue Star and DJ Short strains but having a hard time picking what. Grown any of the other Blue Star crosses?

2 Likes

You can DM him here on overgrow.

1 Like

I’ve ran through glazed berries, blue grease, GDK, and Mayberry and some testers Josh sent me that haven’t been released. Glazed berries was a very good mix of gmo and blueberry. I had gmo funk terps in my pack of glazed berries. Blue grease was more sweet/fruit terps and stacked on trichs. GDK was just fire all around. Heavy flower production with sweet gassy terps and a really good afternoon smoke. Would definitely go for his glazed berries or gdk.

4 Likes

Well you’re Making this easy for me. Any issues with the Mayberry?

3 Likes

Grape Diesel Kush

Blue grease

13 Likes

No issues with any of his gear

2 Likes

Glazed berries

9 Likes

I happen to be staring at packs of Blue Star’s Grape Diesel Kush and DJ’s 90’s Blues… it is an ahah moment for me as I was fortunate enough to be one of those who witnessed the debut of the DJ Short Collection back in 98. Haven’t had any DJ beans in my garden since 2005 an those were Flo and Blueberry accompanied by the Spice of Life collection Shiskaberry and Sweet Tooth. There were others but those are the memorable beans from 98.

I’ll be popping these in my annual New Years Day seed pop for sure :wink:

23 Likes

@SHSC-1 lol is that a 10 pack?

2 Likes

no there is a bit more than 10.
I did a trade for these seeds and I put them in the seed baggies when they arrived yesterday. :wink: The sender was indeed very generous… but I did trade away some of my precious shishkaberry beans hehehe
I’ve followed BlueStar for a few years now over on icmag where my handle is tynehead tom.
I am stoked to get to run the Grape Diesel Kush as those were a very generous surprise when I saw them included with the 90’s blues.
I’ll grow em and show em don’t worry :wink:

10 Likes

Here’s where I get confused…

Dj short sells Blueberry F5, 90s Blues, and Original Blueberry.

I get that they are different in their own right, it is also a little frustrating lol

6 Likes

Archive in Portland, Or

Just calls it “Old Blueberry Cut” everyone knows it’s DJ’s

Cannabis Clones — Archive Portland (archivedispensary.com)

Archive Portland (archivedispensary.com)

2 Likes

The thing about each version though is they all have little nuances that make them different. Agree it’s hard to keep track of

5 Likes