Federal legalization in the USA, what does the future hold for cannabis?

That is where you are wrong.
I am using current facts to come to the conclusions I did.
You did not even read the thread did ya? :thinking:
If you did not review all of the material you are going by your own opinion and ignoring the facts yourself.

I told folks that CBD would be against the law to sell at the local gas station almost 10 years ago.
Folks here said it was for sale everywhere, that will never happen.
I told them that does not make it legal.
They then said I did not understand how it all works.
After that the FDA came out and said just that.
Did ya read that part.
Question:
What would happen if the feds say cannabis is no longer allowed to be recreational AKA medical only? :thinking:

I also said we will see sterile clones and plant royalties.
Folks said plant patents were unenforceable.
And what do we have on the horizon or at least once the fed does their thing?
The writing is on the wall.
Some said sterile plants/ seedless cannabis was nothing but fearmongering but here it is playing out in real life.
See for yourself…

BTW
The skunkman was collecting sterile plants 10 years ago, I call him out and asked him if he was making seedless plants and he said yet again I was fearmongering but I showed you a real life seedless cannabis plant being marketed today.
Breeder steve knows where the market is going so he got in on the ground floor.

I had this argument with Sam the skunkman almost 10 years ago.
He swore up and down that nobody was working on GMO cannabis, but now we have proof.

We will soon see plant royalties and sterile clones.
Here is a contract for the use of seedless cannabis.
Yes, you have to sign a contract to grow this plant.

TrueSinse License Agreement.pdf (91.9 KB)

I also said one day we will see Monsanto cannabis skunkface said I was fear-mongering.
But you can see for yourself that Monsanto is now getting into the game.

We also now have states like Georgia selling cannabis through a pharmacy.
Can I ask you what other drugs that are available at a pharmacy that are legal to manufacture in your basement?
None!
So does it not make sense the the FDA will handle medical cannabis like all of the other drugs at the pharmacy?

Do you feel the cops will kick down your door for an illegal grow in a legal state?
Yes they will, they do it every day.
Cannabis enforcement is at an all time high, millions if not billions are being spent to stomp out the black market.

If your grow is considered the black market they will treat your grow the same way.
The black market is the biggest factor right now and they will do anything to stop it.
All the lobbyists are throwing money at the problem.

Here in michigan the care givers are able to get a retail mico license if they want to sling their stuff as you said…LOL
So you don’t really have a good grip on what is really going on in the cannabis world.

A friend of mine they call him Seedpac…the PAC is Politically
Active Cannabis.

I also have a friend that is helping write the laws in HI. where they are trying to eliminate home grows there.
Fortunately, he was able to secure growers right for a little bit longer in HI.
But the war on home growing is real and we are up against Corporate Cannabis and they have deep pockets so it will be a tough fight.

Thanks, I agree 100%
I do not mean to offend you here, I hope I have not. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
But I must say you do not have all of the facts.

Do your own research and ask yourself…“Could this sorta thing really happen?” :thinking:
Did ya see this?

What does a lawyer have to say

3 Likes

Why are we currently allowed to grow cannabis as a medicine?
Because cannabis has been shown to have medical benefits but you can not get it at a pharmacy anywhere.
Well, that has changed, Georgia is a good example of this.

Will you be allowed to continue growing medicine in your basement if every pharmacy has it available?
No.
You can not manufacture any type of medicine in your basement, if you can, please give me an example of this.

Do you think the FDA will approve a medicine that needs to be smoked?
Smoking is very unhealthy so I do not see that ever happening.
Medical cannabis is changing that is for sure, what it looks like in the future, nobody really knows but you can bet the Govt. will fuck things up as they always do. :grimacing:

1 Like

You keep comparing weed to pharmaceuticals which are WILDLY different in every way, including regulation. Cannabis is fixin to be descheduled a narcotic, is it not?

I still think a fairer comaprsion is weed to beer, or weed to water collection, or weed to homemade foodstuffs for sale.

2 Likes

1 Like

What does the term medical cannabis mean to you?
It would seem it means something totally different to big phama and the Govt.
A medicine is a medicine to the FDA.
This point is not debatable.
Call the FDA and tell them they have it all wrong… :smiley:

Sch. 3 is what they want.
What sch.3 drug can you make at home?
Why would cannabis be any different?

Sure this would work for Rec. cannabis but not for medical.

The FDA has already said it will not allow CBD to be added to foodstuff legally.
I posted a link to that already.
Do you feel FDA will go lighter on an intoxicating substance like THC?
I really think that is a stretch personally but anything is possible I guess.

This is a quote from 2014
When legal and big busines sees big profits enforcement of grow laws will be out on overdrive and the civil and criminal penalties will be severe enough to deter. The pot will be genetically marked and black market product will be obvious. A million dollar fine coupled with 10 year prison sentence would shut down many growers. You need look no further than farmers at home to see how easy enforcement can be when big business chases big profit. There has been like two civil lawsuits filed a day by Monsanto against farmers in the US for copyright infringement over last two years and Monsamto is 177 - 0 in those suits and the farmers are left bankrupt. Game over

The rules have changed when people were permitted to buy it legally. Do you understand the significance of this point? Its the crux of why there will be enforcement, not only criminally but also civilly. A several billion maybe hundreds if billion dollar market that had no recognized structure was opened to them. Suddenly Monsanto,DuPont, Pfizer, etc were given incentive to eliminate competition, especially personal and illegal growers. They also want as many potential consumers as possible. Their strategy to control supply has at least three components, all of which they used with devastating efficiency with corn, soy beans, sugar beets, etc. Between 90-100% of production of those crops worldwide is controlled by just a few companies. I think we can all agree that if such control can be placed on staple crops the world depends on to live they can likely do it to a nonstaple plant like cannabis. There are very few varieties of corn left and that number is shrinking.

2 Likes

Looking back to 2014, I found this quote from skunkface.

That and a federal rescheduling down to schedule 3.
-SamS

It would seem ol’ sam knew a bit about how things were going to go waay back then. :thinking:

I feel he is very in touch with the cannabis industry, to bad he is a bold-faced liar. :grimacing:
Sam stands to make a big bunch of cash if medical cannabis is pharmacy only.
BTW
He is in bed with big phama and big AG.

1 Like

Can you please provide a list or something of the patent cases in the last 2 years? I’m having difficulty finding it.

1 Like

It’s under Foreigner v Gov

1 Like

200w (3)

Foreigner v Gov - Brave Search

Not finding it.

1 Like

It’s too controversial it was probably redacted.

1 Like

Here is a crazy idea. But if there was a constitutional amendment to legalize cannabis. Would that work. Apparently it takes 2/3 of the states and or congress to do it. I’m defiantly not a math whiz by any stretch of my imagination BUT isn’t 70%+++++ slightly more than 2/3.

Any thoughts on the matter.

3 Likes

I would have to research the topic same as you would, so sorry this is all I have on that topic.
@FiveGar are you able to help out @JustANobody at all?

1 Like

That’s a pretty bold and alarmist claim to make without being able to provide a source. I understand you distrust the federal government, I do as well, we just have different levels of distrust, and that’s totally cool. But I don’t think it helps any of us if we make bold claims like these, without being able to back things. I’m pretty baked in a tree, so I’m not sure where I’m going with this, but I think we should all be factual when discussing important matters that effect us all. :vulcan_salute: :metal:

1 Like

Bro, please feel free to do your own research.
There is a lot of valuable info in the link I provided and I know you did not read it all that quickly.
There is nothing wrong with seeking the truth without my guidance.
In fact I suggest you don’t take my word on these topics, I highly suggest you seek the truth on your own.
I have provided you with enough to get you started in the right direction.
It is not on me to make sure you understand what I have shown you is true.
You can take my word for it or research things for yourself.
May I suggest that researching things for yourself is a much better way. :slightly_smiling_face:

The library of congress is a great place to do research.

1 Like

I took a gander and found much about old patent lawsuits, one where they said they wouldn’t sue people who had accidental cross contamination, and most recently a bunch of round up settlements, like a bunch. The information you stated about the last 2 years still alludes me, I was just hoping you’d be able to help me locate the information you spoke on, that’s all. I think if you cited your sources you might gmfind more people are willing to agree with you.

I found this

https://patents.google.com/?q=(A01H6%2F28)&sort=new

1 Like

Hey @shag, I think there is a bit of a miscommunication here. I have quoted the main part of your statement I’m trying to find data on. So far nothing linked and no search I’ve found can validate this statement. Thanks. Sorry about the confusion.

2 Likes

Naw, folks don’t even read the info I already posted, posting more info will not change that…LOL

1 Like

Top patent holders.

3 Likes