Federal legalization in the USA, what does the future hold for cannabis?

So this topic was started in another thread and I try not to get off topic, but it seems to happen… :roll_eyes:
So I thought we could discuss things here instead.

What does the future hold for cannabis?

1. What are your thoughts on Federal Legalization?
  2. Do you feel it will be good for the home grower?
  3. What are the chances Bayer/Monsanto, Syngenta ect. will be involved.
  4. Do you think current legalization is working well?
  5. Are people still going to jail for cannabis in legal states?

We can discuss anything you would like, about legalization here without being off-topic.
Please keep this discussion polite, and free from personal attacks.
Thanks
Shag

28 Likes

I can only predict based on what I see the FDA doing to nicotine Vaping. They have basically made it so complicated, and set the bar so high, that only big Pharma and big Tobacco can afford a seat at the table.

19 Likes

Well said!
It is funny, they somehow, find a way, whatever that is…to eliminate the competition.

6 Likes

That is my stance on this topic…in short form anyhow. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I already thought it was legal :wink: :exploding_head:!!!

In all seriousness, 3% THC at harvest is quite a lot…further cannabis doesn’t actually have any THC in it until it is combusted :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Current legalization in my state is working ok, there is big differences in states thou. Florida just legalized medical but it is very tight, no home grows, also I think there was some restriction about not being able to smoke it, but that might not be right

5 Likes

Just checked that and I was wrong , you can smoke it, must have been when they kicking around rules they threw that out thou

3 Likes

The majority of users just want to buy some flower or edibles and be done with it. Very few people grow their own vegetables or brew their own beer.

That being said, current laws are regulation at best and not full on legalization.

15 Likes

Oregon did just over 1 billion in Rec Cannabis sales in 2020. You can bet it will be legal by the FED soon. They want their piece of the pie. States are going to do the same thing that they are doing now. If you live in a state that doesn’t give a shit if your daughter is raped and impregnated by her uncle. Then your rights as a grower are pretty much fucked.

14 Likes

I politely ask…
How in the hell is that even called legalization? :japanese_ogre:
I personally want no part of that kind of legalization. :nauseated_face:

14 Likes

It’s not that just confirms my above post.

2 Likes

LOL…I did not know it until you said something, but I guess I do live in that kind of state. :upside_down_face:

My rights as a grower have been under fire for several years now. :face_with_head_bandage:
Seems they are pushing hard to stomp out caregivers here in Michigan.
The war on home growing is real.

Peace
Shag

8 Likes

Yep they are coming for everyone’s rights VOTE VOTE VOTE

12 Likes

Cannabis has been used in religious rituals dating back to before recorded history…… I for one believe in it from a religious perspective, 1st amendment, don’t tread on growing your own cannabis, to me it’s a sacred right. Sell all the weed you guys want…. Make billions… but leave the home growers alone.

15 Likes

Well I am not 100% sure on this… but it seems they are not giving us a say in this matter…
The war is being waged in board rooms and bars.
Home growers are not invited to the discussion.
I think it may need to come down to a vote, but they may be able to screw us all without one…Dunno really, but I believe that is what a politically active canna friend of mine told me, was going currently.

3 Likes

I am good with this… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I have in a few states. But if there’s not on the ballot is not going to work. :100: at the federal level. That is the only way. The underground markets will always be there.

3 Likes

Never cared much for or about the law, not fixin to start now.

21 Likes

you will be soon

2 Likes

Lol.
At this point in time I don’t care.
The pills are killing me. I can’t take them anymore. It’s not pain pills it the other stuff. Anti-inflammatory tears me up.
Pain pills don’t work.
If you they would give me the real stuff I might be a taker. I’m scared to smoke weed from some places. When I heard people were putting fentanyl on weed that was it for me.

10 Likes