First grow fem ww

These will be good.

Don’t be discouraged or so hard on yourself.

In a short time you will be enjoying some fresh organic herbs.

As we fix up the soil recipe, your plants will take charge of the grow space.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve seen plants struggle like that for ages cos of ph lockout only to recover and go on flowering for weeks past their supposed finish date and produce reasonably well in the end.

1 Like

I do have to keep a close eye on PH as mine is 7-8. But have been getting RO from the store and using lemon juice to get to 5-6 and a ~6.5 run off.

Yeh that’s a bit high but your runoff sounds ok now eh. Lot’s of folks advise not to adjust your waters ph in an organic grow but if it’s out and stays out it’s too late to mix in some lime. The problem with RO is you usually end up having to add calmag and then it’s not truly organic. And round we go again :grinning:

1 Like

TY, I am not “true” organic" but farm as natural as I can. I use ag lime and chicken poop on the fields. I used goat poop, straw and hay when I used to garden in clay. I accidently found out running water thru our pine needles in the pool kept the ph lower and such.

1 Like

My pH is 8+ and the water is very hard. I go through a sediment filter, pre carbon filter, RO membrane, and post carbon filter. I don’t need CalMag but I have a LOT of calcium sources in my soil: shrimp meal (calcium and chiten), oyster shell flour (calcium carbonate), and gypsum (calcium and sulfer). The way I look at it, rain water is distilled water.

3 Likes

A guy i knew a long time ago used to make his own organic ‘super soil’ so i tried it, turned out super fly would have been a better name :fearful: I don’t have an outside garden anymore so have to use bought in soil and i gave up on commercial organic stuff cos of the ph being anywhere between 4 and 8. I’m back using peat compost for now but i think coco in pots is where i’m heading. If you get the mix right fully organic can be amazing. No feeding or ph checking is very attractive but it usually requires brewing ‘teas’ etc to get good results so it’s not that straightforward eh.

1 Like

I hear ya. The tomato stuff smells just like the pig poop from my youth on the home farm. The fish fert, 'nough said. Not to mention the Bio stuff that smells like an out house. And so on. But my Dad was the first no till in the area, moved to low till and bought Alternative energy stock. So, mixing soil is kinda spiritual for me. :pray: :innocent:

3 Likes

I am not sure what I am seeing in the flower tent. It could be heming or normal flowering that had to much heat and not enough RO for 2 days,

I see these all over one plant and a couple on other. They look like pods but with two pistils coming out of each. Could they just be splitting due to low water than drenched? Or am I seeing hemmis.
I would like to put the Hurkles sexed females in there on 12/12. I would flip the unsexed ones in there too as long as it is safe.
All input welcome

1 Like

That is a white stigma emerging from the calyx isn’t it?

1 Like

Not sure yet either. Does this yellow feature stand alone, or is it coloring on the green area (leaf) behind it?

It Looks like a regular pod with the pistils hairs coming out the end. It looks like it is splitting and there are several on the one plant. Saw a couple on another.

Just trying to show that pod with the white slit.

1 Like

I just can’t be certain from the picture.

If you believe it is a male part forming, carefully pull it out with tweezers.

This could be environmental or genetic. No way to be certain without running the plant again as a clone again to see. How long before you harvest the first run?

It’s kind of difficult to see, it almost looks like an immature seed poking out of the cylax. Usually male flowers look like little bananas sticking out.

1 Like

All the Tichs are still all clear. I am about ready to give up on them and get down to the new ones.
@ReikoX Is this better. It looks better on my computer. I think it means chop time. The round green thing came out of the pod showing light colored

The stuff in the left upper came out of it.

1 Like

Looks like your plant did self pollinate.

The green thing is an immature seed.

If this plant is seeding all over, it could spread throughout the tent. Might want to inspect this one to be sure this is an isolated thing.

Otherwise, still look good.

There are some on all the other plants too. The Hurkle are more than ready to flip. Can they go into a tent doing this? Is there anything that can be saved.

I was watching close and never saw Nanners. I did think I saw a couple pods and picked them off to be sure but, thought I was over reacting.

1 Like

Are they all over, or sort of all over?

All of these plants are feminized White Widow?

Not sure if there is a history with this strain, or if one has pollinated the bunch. Have you made it 6 weeks yet.

Typically, after about 6 weeks, the harvest is not a loss, but you may find the product more inclined to be an up kind of buzz rather than a sleepy kind of effect.

You won’t want these to get pollinated as they will come to full term with seed you won’t really want.

Decisions to be made. Hold the Hurkle and finish the WW or…

I went back to see, and it looks like you flipped right around 6 weeks ago. I might consider an early harvest with the WW if the buds have formed sufficiently. Maybe some more pics?

Yes and yes.
I have just been waiting for a pro to tell me if I should throw them out or dry them. If I hold the Herkle I think I will have problems. They have pre-flowers now.

1 Like

Then go ahead and take the WW’s. They will provide some product while we get going on the next couple of runs.

Are you comfy with harvest?