First grow fem ww

I will try to make my first post: with photos.
I bought 5 fem WW seeds from a dispensary in the next town. I wanted to practice before trying over seas seed.
I used a different germination process for each. They were germinated 12/3-12/5. The fist photo is a mark on the leaf that I think the light made touching it
I will try photos now.

15 Likes

Lookin good lil tip take a clear cup plant in that first then put that into a red cup allows you to see exactly when to.transplant double cup it lol

4 Likes

Good I idea as I tried to tip today and they just dropped soil.
All Criticism, good and bad welcomed. I am here to learm.

6 Likes

Lol ill never give bad critscizim just advise an encouragment they look really good are.they autos or just fems

1 Like

I was told just fem. Came from a shop that said that they are fem. They are 4 weeks from seed but don’t look like others here.

I did get auto from over seas but do not feel I am up to growing more than a $4 seed.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me a couple a grows ago. The roots weren’t half as developed as I thought. Switched to clear cups, then remembered, light kills roots. Inserted clear cups into red ones. Now the roots are protected from light, but I can see their progress when necessary. It allows me to up-pot at the proper time.

7 Likes

learn when to water by the weight of the cups… pay attention to how much they weigh before and after you water… good luck with your WW…

9 Likes

Maam lol XD my bad took my shot in the dark

2 Likes

I’m female hahaha :imp:

5 Likes

Welcome @G-paS. Looks like you are doing well so far. Lots knowledgeable people here, feel free to ask any questions you need. :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

How do you determine seedling vs veg.? How do you transition?

1 Like

Do you want a really scientific document that spells it all out, or the abbreviated, had to much to smoke, version?

Here is the scientific version…

http://www.internationalhempassociation.org/jiha/jiha5201.html

1 Like

I have books and internet for Scientific, give me the Abbreviated, had too much to smoke version. :v:

1 Like

Well… the seedling will develop mostly symmetrical (leaves and branches) until just after the plant typically shows sex. If you are growing a feminized seed, this should be similar.

This plant is probably 2-3 weeks prior to showing sex.

Once the young plant has shown sex, the symmetry is replaced by alternating nodes. This is a very mature plant with a good view of typical alternating nodes.

Good photo of a male showing sex

Here is a less mature female after the symmetry has been replaced with asymmetry and buds are well under way.

2 Likes

So are these seedlings or veg. What temp, humidity and light.

2 Likes

No, these are seedlings.

Your plants, appear to be doing very well, and I would consider flipping these within the next 2-3 weeks. Will you flower in this same tent? Will you be re-potting these plants again?

As long as you are in veg, keep the lights at 18/6, keep the humidity somewhere near 50% with lots of ventilation and try to keep the temp between about 70 and about 85 F.

Are all the branches still symmetrical?

Just in case, be sure to remove and clean the pH meter. This will extend its life considerably.

3 Likes

Yes in this tent and I was planning to go to 3 gal but, just put in 1 gal.

Yes all the branches are still symmetrical. Grow shop told met they are still seedlings. That’s why I asked here :slight_smile: TY for the heads up on the meter. I was leaving it in full time for moister reading.

1 Like

I have found that by transplanting after roughly 2 weeks into flower, the plants stay lush and green all the way to the end and don’t suffer from being root bound while trying to produce flowers.

In so far as weather they are seedlings may be more semantics. Once the plant shows sex, the branches will begin to become asymmetrical. She’s ready to flip.

2 Likes

i consider seeding stage ending and veg starting when the stem starts hardening up and turning green, instead of that floppy pinkish/purple thing it has at the start. not sure if there is a standard rule for counting veg days

3 Likes

There is a document put out by the International Hemp Assoc. (a few posts up) that attempts to clarify just this issue. I think their slant is on trying to up harvest of Hemp, but the information is clearly applicable. Some of it seems overly complicated (putting numbers on nodes, etc), but their efforts are for increasing industrial production on a global scale. I like what I see.

99%

2 Likes