Flipping to flower immediately after the last topping = more trichromes (with some cultivars)

An observation from my current grow (No-Till Mystery Cult);

I flipped to flower immediately after the last topping and it grew siamese twin colas.

The twin colas carry noticably more frost than the regular colas.
The sugar leaves are bigger and fatter too, fully covered to the tips.
The regular colas aren’t covered that extensively and the leaves are thinner.

So from now I’m gonna be flipping to flower immediately after the last topping.

Should work well for indica cultivars that don’t stretch.

The one I observed it on is most likely SourBluTooth.
It was a seed from a mixed bag of unknowns.
But it’s showing the tiny black tips on the flowers.

Let us know how it works out for you!

11 Likes

I’ve done that by accident…
The plant was going nutz so I topped 2 weeks before flip. Interesting results.
I’ve considered running experiments if I ever get enough room… :laughing:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

One of my females had a branch growing into the fan bad before the flip so I trimmed that branch down to a lower node beneath the fan and similar thing happened. I’ll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow when the lights are on.

4 Likes

I’ve been forced to do this to prevent colas from growing into the lights. Same structure. Can’t say about more trichs

1 Like

So technically, if we top all the branches and flip immediately to flower would we get twin colas all around?

I have had the opposite happen when topping multiple branches on a plant and flipping the next day.

All the buds were stunted from the shock. I did some reading up to find the cause, and from what I read the recommendation is wait a minimum of 10 days after topping before flowering a plant to avoid the buds being stunted.

So its interesting to hear other growers opposite experience on this.

8 Likes

They are not large colas but I was suprised they still grew any after being decapitated just before I flipped the lights. Looks like it just grew as lower bud regularly would but a little bigger since it’s getting some light.

4 Likes

Changed the title a little.
It’s really gonna depend on the cultivar mainly.

People growing BOG seeds might wanna try it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes