Floyds tent village

I love catching up on your thread bro. And that ICC has some of the fattest leaves I have ever seen!
:clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

4 Likes

Well as usual I didnt flip soon enough in the octos. Had to eliminate these to gain 5"

Also had to raise one octo. This plant didnt scretch

And we have buds forming

33 Likes

Happy and healthy Floyd. Canโ€™t ask for more than that. Nice plants.

5 Likes

Thanks Mike.
I already topped one, bent another and still had to find a way to get the light higher. Hopefully its enough.
21 days since flip.

4 Likes

What a unique light schedule :thinking::laughing:

10 Likes

Your a funny guy. :laughing:

5 Likes

Those look stellar @Floyd props :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Looking awesome, how are the octoโ€™s comparing to soil grows so far?

1 Like

No comparison growth wise. Plants grow very fast in octos. And a lot less work. Can leave them alone for days.
Only draw back is I need to know Im putting a female in an octo. So fem seed or clone for the octos.

10 Likes

Iโ€™ve seen hydroponic grows where people tried using rain water and the ph always went crazy.
I dont know why but Iโ€™ve never seen it work

4 Likes

Is it that hard to switch out a plant and put another in? Or is it the different needs nutrition wise for different stages of growth?

1 Like

In an Octopot the roots grow down and into the rez. No switching plants out. You would just start over, and that includes the period ( 1 - 2 weeks ) that you wait for the roots to hit the rez. This is when the plants take off and grow like crazy.

6 Likes

OH. I get it. Itโ€™s a PITA all the way around unless they are female. I still plan to build my own MacGyver model.

5 Likes

Exactly. Lol
Itโ€™s a great way to grow though.

1 Like

They grow like beanstalks in octos! โ€ฆand yes so much less work.

I have yet to find a male from my seeds but that is a thought that is always in the back of my mind is wasted time and nutes.

Next grow I think I am going to start taking clipping after a month and flip them to see what they are to shave possible time wasted.

I have been testing strains this year so I havenโ€™t been cloning and growing to the next grow. Next year for sure.

GR

5 Likes

Iโ€™ll get that going in the Spring if at all possible. We want to take a trip to see our kids sometime next year. It would be nice if I didnโ€™t have to shut down the grow because Iโ€™ve got to be away for longer than two days.

3 Likes

This is why I still grow plants in soil. Identify sex, take cuttings and find out whoโ€™s worthy of the Octopots.

6 Likes

Five days or more could be possible. Depending how much they are drinking. Can be a lot at certain stages of growth.
Also some strains drink more than others.
You could also have a larger main rez feeding smaller ones.

2 Likes

That right there would be the ticket. We would be gone about a week. It would flush them out if I hooked up a float valve to the waterline and kept the res full with well water until I got back.

2 Likes

Octo sells a auto fill system. Not sure how much it costs thou

1 Like