Foreigner Goes Legal

NORTHERN LIGHTS HARVEST

A silhouette:

It’s day 50 or so and she’s ready. I’ve been impatient waiting for her to finish because I’m fighting powdery mildew.

I rejected about 20% of the plant as being too PM heavy for my tastes. Here is the “waste”

Me 20 years ago would be shocked by my cavalier attitude towards yield but it’s all good.

Here is half of her on the line

And here is the best part of trimming: scissor hash!

Also of interest is that I left 2 buds on the plant because of PM. I hit one with a bleach spray and the other with an alcohol spray. I will give them a few days to see if this eliminates/slows down PM. I even remembered to label the branches

Here she is all naked:

I’m actually quite sad. I’m shutting down for a little bit. I’ve had plants going continuously for over a year now. Now I have none.

I’m going to wait a month-6 weeks for it to get cold enough that they turn on the heat in the building. And so I can sanitize a few times.

I sit here ambivalent.

I’ve got my next run planned but it keeps changing. I’m thinking a mix of @Mongobongo OGer and maybe some Hibernate from the co-op.

All the best.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear you have to take a break… Good thing you knocked it out of the park this year and hopefully have plenty of herb to last until your next endeavor! Good luck with the sanitizing and waiting on temps man, hope it works out :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you @MumenRyder.

I have had a good year of growing. Thank you for following along I appreciate it.

I have enough jars to last me and the lady for at least a year so that’s not the issue really.

Growing is a form of therapy for me so it’s weird not to have that outlet.

Onward and upward! I won’t be down for long.

All the best

5 Likes

Or: how to have weed in jail or when visiting foreign lands :laughing:

:evergreen_tree: smell my finger :astonished:

6 Likes

It’s got some green in it but man it’s aromatic and delicious.

I would consider trading it for a carton of smokes even though I don’t smoke.

3 Likes

Good day all.

So the buds have been hanging for 5 days.

They are dry so I took them down.

DRUMROLL PLEASE:

Under 300 watts I yielded…65 grams.

Yes, 65 grams.

I suppose I’m lucky to have gotten anything at all considering the out of control powdery mildew I experienced this run.

It’s just a kick in the teeth that’s all.

So my PM treatment/experiment continues. It’s been 5 days and both branches remain pretty clean looking but it seems to be coming back, a little, on the alcohol branch. The bleach branch still looks good.

I will be taking them down soon enough because I’m getting bored of the experiment. Food for thought anyway.

All the best.

EDIT: so I took the PM experiment down. The alcohol branch when I looked again has obvious mildew and it’s spreading.

The bleach branch still looks good. I will dry this branch out and smoke it and see if I die. If I die the experiment can be considered a failure

I felt like I was breeding PM so the experiment is terminated.

End communication.

11 Likes

Hahaha… I think if you wash it you’ll have a better chance of living. I think @Shadey has a method for washing somewhere in his thread

3 Likes

Yes I do, it really improves the quality of the smoke Foreigner, depending on the amount of weed I make either 3-5 gals of water, which I add baking soda and lemon juice, put the weed in and let it soak for 5-10 minutes, then gently move around under the water mix, remove and rinse with clean water twice, then drip dry, or as Barefrog does, use a salad spinner to get rid of excess water and dry as normal. Really improves smell and taste and you won’t believe the amount of dirt dust and hair that comes off it.

5 Likes

I have used it this summer on my outdoor plants and it’s worked great. Its very forgiving as far as its hard to overfeed. Helped me out a lot as a new grower.

3 Likes

I decided to take half this advice and gave the bleached buds a rinse but not a wash.

I just filled a bowl with water and swished then around for a moment and wrapped them in a paper towel to dry.

I figure the bleach killed the mildew and the water should dilute/wash the bleach away.

Also I have no lemons or peroxide :slight_smile:

All the best

4 Likes

How long do we go with no posts from you before we officially call it? :slight_smile:

No pain no gain. All in the quest for better buds/plants.

I am surprised you had to dry that Plant Abuse case at all. :joy: Still looks like some nice weed you got from it though. Really sorry you had to go through it man. Once you have your break, do a reset and you will be charged again.

2 Likes

Thanks @BudSy

“If I’m not back in fifteen minutes…”

3 Likes

You got 10 left and we’re sending out a search party byow

4 Likes

We’ve lost him!

Search party @Foreigner 's place. woooot woooot!!!

4 Likes

SURVIVAL UPDATE:

Foreigner lives!

Mrs. Foreigner and I sampled the branch that was treated with the bleach spray.

I have nothing negative to report. It smelled like it should. It smoked like it should. It tasted like it should. No coughing, no issues.

I have no complaints about bleach residue and wouldn’t hesitate to do the same treatment again. I do think the rinse is essential to eliminate residuals.

Also, I didn’t tell Mrs Foreigner what we were doing until after the fact. I wanted an unbiased reaction.

She shook her head at me.

I have ordered a fungicide made with deodorized sulphur to clean the tent before I start the next run.

Victory is sweet.

All the best.

7 Likes

Glad it worked out well for you, I have had no problems using bleach either, except for burning the pistils and leaves up a little bit, but I found if you do it just before lights out it doesn’t do it so much.

3 Likes

Excellent news :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Afternoon cookies and coffee. Each cookie is ~15mg. No green taste. Delicious. Mrs Foreigner doesn’t know I’m eating them but will in an hour when I’m high as balls.

All the best

12 Likes

Living with you must be like a roller coaster :smiley: sneaky cookies on the side, toxin testing without informing. Your missus must be on the edge heheheh

5 Likes

So I have a bad habit of making hash that’s so gooey I can’t work with it. The only way to make it cooperate is to stick it in the freezer. Not very practical. Here is 3.5 grams:

I bought some fancy silicone dab storage containers hoping that the hash wouldn’t stick to it. But nope, stuck all over the damned place and again had to go into the freezer.

I was getting tired of dealing with it, let alone being unable to rip off tiny little pieces to smoke because it’s basically a liquid.

I added some dry sift and kneaded it in:

It worked well. I ended up with a hash much closer to the consistency I want. Much more practical. Still soft and gooey but I can actually work with the stuff.

It’s like flouring a dough :slight_smile:

All the best

12 Likes