Foreveryoung's Perpetual Good Time Emporium

Nice big fat seeds :+1:

5 Likes

Better she learn to say,ā€Fuck off,ā€ too early than too lateā€¦ Actually, itā€™s never too early to learn the words,ā€Fuck off,ā€ hahaā€¦ Itā€™s unfortunate that sheā€™ll have ample opportunity to say that in her lifetime. But it also feels so good! Haha.

Duuuuuudeā€¦ My ā€œmentorā€ (just a super-helpful and patient chick online who taught me a lot and was willing to DM back and forth with me endlessly haha) loooooooved Long Bottom Leaf. That was one of her favs. Iā€™m STOKED for you about those, canā€™t wait to see that.

That Chascaā€™s intriguing, too. I have a couple packs of those, was just thinking this morning I may plant some for the next grow, just to see if some of those Lucky Dog crosses that utilize a parent that isnā€™t in the Chem family (i.e. Diesel Therapy and Chem Fuego, the two Iā€™ve grown so far) donā€™t have a proclivity for herming. Either way, nice choices!

4 Likes

Same! Iā€™ve got some Bad Dawg Starfighter x LBL, and I figured thatā€™s as close as Iā€™d ever get!

6 Likes

Tagging along for this one that chasca sounds like a killer cross ssh with some chem must be some fire have been seeing nothing but positive things about skunk vaā€™s gear.canā€™t recall ever hearing about lbf thatā€™s a new one for me will have to look up about that one happy growing to you @Foreveryoung :v::heart::seedling:

5 Likes

Thanks very much @potpotpot , I ran Long Bottom Leaf originally back in 2010-ish, I had the cut for about 10 years before I lost it.
Love the Blueberry HP too, its a bed time smoke for me. It has (this cut) a healthy appetite and fades real nice when the flush kicks in.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: @Shadey , I should have done a side by side of the beans. The Long Bottom Leaf beans are nice big seeds, I am a little worried about the viability, as they are at least 10 years old by now I believe.
The Chasca seeds were actually a little small, perfectly formed, mature, with nice strong markings. 4 of these are already above ground.

Oh man, its one of my all time favs. Really strong sharp lemony-pine terps, really loud smell and taste. As a plant it had terrible structure, it used to just collapse under its own weight on week5 :sweat_smile: I understand both parents, the SFV OG and the Jack Cleaner 2, have pretty flimsy structure too. But that was my only negative, really miss it.

Would love to find something close to my old keeper againā€¦ but for now Iā€™ll just be happy with some successful germination :joy:

Another variety from Loran that was amazing, was called Lighning (Chem 91 x Pacifica), some really beautiful smoke.

It was your Chem Fuego run that made me think I must try some Lucky Dog, had these in the fridge for a while, really interested to see whats going to show up.

That sounds like a nice cross.
Loran used to be pretty active on Breedbay back in the day, I got to know him a litttle and was lucky enough to get to try some of his crosses.

Pleasure to have you tag along @DesertHeartGardens Really excited to run the Chasca, a nice short flowering, non nutrient sensative SSH isnt a lot to ask for I reckon :sweat_smile:

Quick update, 4 Chasca are above soil already.

14 Likes

Yeah, I remember my ā€œmentorā€ speaking really highly of Loran, she seemed to dig his shit a lot. Iā€™ve never had the pleasure of growing any of his work myself, but I do have a pack of that Bad Dawg LBL cross that Heady mentioned. Who knows when Iā€™ll pop those, though hahaā€¦

Anyway, yeah, fingers crossed those beans sprout. Iā€™m sure they will.

Edit: keep a really close eye on those Lucky Dog plants. Iā€™m not saying theyā€™re herm-prone, but I am saying that every time Iā€™ve grown one of those crosses, my shit ends up seededā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah man, Loran is a special soul, as a breeder and an individual. A truly kind, genuine person. He had joined Motarebels (now Green Rebel Farm) a few years ago, not sure if heā€™s still with him.

:joy::joy::joy: well sounds like another few months of squinting at plants coming up. Ah man, I just do it now for all seed run plants. I just dont trust anything anymore.

Have 4 LBL above ground so far & 9 Chasca at this stage.

I also built this drying/curing/storing space.
Still working it out and dialling it in, but its pretty good as it is. I can keep it at 20c , 60%rh pretty consistently. Will start to store the jars in there too, once Ive finished moving things around to fine tune it.
Its a bit hotter than Id like right now, but we are having a heat wave right now, so it is what it is.

16 Likes

So Ive had 100% germ (13/13) on the Chasca and so far 6/11 from Long Bottom Leaf.
Even if no more LBL seeds germinate, Im still happy with the viability for the age of the seeds.

Also the heatwave seems to have passed, temps are pretty much back to normal.
It was 28c/82f during lights out 1 of the days, sitting around 33c/91 with lights on, I was worried about the seedlings being stretched by the heat.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a heat wave :flushed:
My plants are always sitting on 33C ā€¦
Still, they are thrivingā€¦

Not even directly under the lights and the time is also accurateā€¦ :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

:joy::joy: yeah @alwaysnoob even as I was typing I was thinking for some people on here thats a normal temperature.
But we donā€™t get temperatures like that normally.
High teens low 20s is more normal, with high humidity.
But we have hit the 30s a couple of times in the last few summers.

4 Likes

Yeah, dude, even with the AC running pretty much constantly during lights on, I canā€™t get temps below 84, 85 (I dunno what that is in Celsius haha). Iā€™m actually kinda torn, been meaning to ask this on my thread, but because the ACā€™s running all the time, it really dries the air out or whatever (doesnā€™t help that humidity levels outside are like 20%). You think itā€™d be better to let the temps get higher with the AC running less, which would allow the humidifiers to do their thing? Or lower temps, lower humidity? I dunno how hot itā€™d get in there without constant AC. Maybe 90 or 91.

I guess what Iā€™m asking is: which would be better? Temps in the high 80ā€™s/low 90ā€™s but humidity levels in the mid-to-high 40ā€™s? Or temps in the mid-80ā€™s but humidity levels in the mid-to-low 30ā€™s? Iā€™m inclined to go with the former, but I meanā€¦ 90 degreesā€¦ Thatā€™s hot haha.

3 Likes

If it were me @minitiger Id go with the cooler temps & lower r/h. My flower room pretty much always is around those temps/rh except for winter.
But I kinda have the opposite problem ambient rh% is always high pretty much. So Im trying to keep fungi out of the flower room.

90f does seem like a lot, but I did read a post on here about how we should have higher temps for running led comparative to hid.

Im not sure what the ā€œrightā€ answer is, but my gut would be to go with what you have. Is it possible to more humidifiers into your space?

Edit just read in your thread, you already have FIVE fecking humidifiers.

4 Likes

It seems Iā€™ve somehow missed this thread. Lots of beautiful plants and great work! Paying attention now. :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks very much @Floyd . Still a work in progress, but getting there.
Appreciate you taking a look.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, Iā€™m not buying another fucking humidifier.

Anyway, yeah, Iā€™ll probably just let it ride, keep the AC running all the time and deal with the low humidity thing. I checked a second ago, humidity levels were at 46%, which is fine by me. Took one humidifier out to fill it up, maybe 90 seconds, and the humidity level dropped to 40%, just in those 90 seconds, sans one frigginā€™ humidifier. Crazy.

3 Likes

In BOGā€™s book Bonanza of Green he advises not going above 40%, which I know is lower than many cultivators, but look at what he did!

4 Likes

Yeah, when I start getting near the end, I definitely donā€™t mind the humidity levels getting a little lower. But Iā€™m barely a month in right now, kind of would prefer if humidity levels were at least in the mid-40ā€™s for most of the day. Whatever. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll all be fine.

4 Likes

Some Dragons Blood x Apollo 11
Yeilds are down a bit due to auto dim adjusting down so much over the last few months. But Im not going to run out and itā€™ll take a little sting out of the electric bill haha.
Super frosty flowers

Iā€™ve been thinking very strongly about growing my own mushrooms the last few months.
Havenā€™t taken hallucinogens in about 20 years.
I picked this book up and had been reading it enthusiastically. Untill a stretch in trim jail took up all my time.

I kinda feel like the universe is trying to push me a certain direction. Turns out theres a pretty decent size patch of liberty caps growing in my back garden.

Considering its still July and the season doesnā€™t start untill September/October Im really hopeful theres more to come. It did rain for pretty two days straight while still pretty warm, so the r/h was pretty high, but with cold night time temps, guessing this is what brought them in so early?

15 Likes

They are saprotrophic so they should be there all year, maybe next too.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

That is what I have to live with. I never understood all the de-humidifiers. I have Central heating and air. Than last fall in the 2 week I didnā€™t need to run either I got moldy bud. I cut that branch. Luckily by them it was time for the furnace and dry (teens) air.

PS you got me beat I only have 4.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes