Foreveryoung's Perpetual Good Time Emporium

@G-paS and @alwaysnoob I offer the same interpretation service as minitiger :sweat_smile:.
Its funny how much languages can change over distance and time.

@Shadey I was thinking you had a lot more local knowledge than most folk. It was your post on the difference in electrical voltage that 1st got me thinking.

Think the closest I was to you, was Surbiton, similar to G-pas, I had a friend studying to be a teacher in Kingston Uni, some good weekends over there.

@minitiger I really like the Amnesia Haze, I feel its one of those plants people will look for in the future.
I know its not a “true” haze, but it does have a lovely buzzy, energetic high, not anxiety enducing. I do find it hard to focus on any one thing, instead Im mentally bouncing from one random notion to another, but not in a gloomy over thinking way, just funny random stuff. Best way to describe it is “mentally frolicking”.
For me it brings on fairly severe munchies, great for stimulating appetite if needed, but I honestly can’t smoke it too late at night or I’ll eat myself into a world of pain haha.
Smells and taste are pretty strong sweet citrus, with a distinct earthy/musky backround
Couple of dried flower shots

16 Likes

I know Surbiton well, my Grandparents on my mums side lived there, and I was born in Kingston hospital. I have some friends at Hampton Court which is a nice place to go for a Sunday pub lunch in the summer by the Thames.

4 Likes

Just some random pics.

Finally started phasing LED into the grow. Started by swapping out 2 of my 600w hps for 600w led.
The idea is to be hopefully able to turn down the amount of power I use, but still to have the capability of more power of needed.

The summer offensive against the fungus gnats has begun. I just use mosquito dunks and sticky traps. Never eradicates, just controls them.

Also came across this little spider while working, these didnt exist here a couple of years ago, but now are our 1st poisonous spider and our most common spider. The Noble False Widow.

Also disturbed some snails having a good time.

14 Likes

Not sure if anyone remembers the Tigers Milk seeds I started months ago, because Id pretty much completely forgot.
Basically they were really old beans, had a low germ rate.
Ended up with one runty female, which developed into a mutant. It developed faciation, was a mess, about 3 weeks into flower I culled it, started looking like it was going to drop balls.
But before flower, there was 1 limb on the original plant that wasn’t effected by the faciation and appeared healthy and vigorous, so I took a cutting from that, just to see what would happen.
Here she is about 7 weeks into flower

16 Likes

I had the “core “ cut of Amnesia Haze sent to me from Europe . It IS ALL THAT !

4 Likes

I hope you got a clone tucked away… that looks great.
No signs herms etc?

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That’s dedication, dude :joy::joy::joy: Very admirable. She looks pretty dang good, though.

6 Likes

Yes, yes it is. The best of luck to you @Foreveryoung .

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I agree man, I love it for a few reasons. Its a great/easy to grow plant. I love the effects and smell/taste. Then for sentimental reasons, reminds me of times past, with old friends.

But the market was flooded with it across Europe. You literally would struggle to give it away here nowadays. Young folks call it “Pikey Haze” (a derogatory term for a type of Irish gypsy).
Currently UK & Ireland are swamped with Stardawg, apparently its being mass grown in Albania for this market.

Thanks @Gpaw , Im really happy with how it ended up…eventually. I certainly do have it backed up with a cut.
No signs at this stage of any herm issues. Im putting the potential herms on the 1st run down to the heavy mutation caused by the fasciation, it may not even have herm’d, it just looked that way.
Plus the plant was hardly worth the space in the flower room, so it didnt take much to cull her.

Thanks @minitiger Tigers Milk was my 1st Bodhi variety to blow me away, I had run a couple before, but my keeper Bubba leaning pheno was special, it was one of my most popular varieties across the boards for as long as I had it in my garden.
Thats the main reason I went to such lenghts to try save this baby. It would be to the compost pile otherwise. Generally though, I stopped taking crap from plants a couple of years ago. :sweat_smile:

All fingers crossed @G-paS :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: thank you. Hope shes worth the work. Its kinda unfair for the plant too though, because its going to be compared to a previous much loved plant.

6 Likes

I love Stardawg, wouldn’t mind the market here being swamped with that haha. Not that I’m in the market for weed.

Just slap a new name on it and call it something else! Isn’t that what everybody does? Haha. Maybe something like… I dunno… Moonbeam Kush? Summer Solstice Express? Some bullshit like that.

Happy Summer Solstice to everybody, btw. And I’m being genuine here. This is my absolute favorite day of the year. It should be a world-wide holiday, greatest day of the year, every year.

3 Likes

Aww man, its everywhere over here, the quality can be a bit hit and miss as I understand. But there is definitely some good batchs out there too.
During the 1st lockdown, thats all folks could get, mailed to them, there was a running joke about being “stuck in the house eating banana bread & smoking Stardawg” Ive been in worse situations to be fair :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hmm Moonbeam Kush, Summer Solstice Express, Ive never heard of them…but they sound good… Ill give you $50 a gram​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: thats literally how it is.

Happy Solstice to you too man, its a lovely time of year to be out and about nature is in full swing. Heres a rare picture, a clear blue Irish sky.

Psychologically I think I prefer winter solstice, I really dont like the long dark winters here, from that point on, it gets brighter. But I like both and would be happy to celebrate each or both, especially if we get a day off work.:joy:

11 Likes

Yeah, dude, yesterday/today was amazing. Had a great time with one of my oldest and closest friends for like 36 hours haha. She kept saying,”What’s that flashing over there? Do you guys see that?” And we were like,”Bitch is tripping…” Then we turned around and there was a crazy lightning storm out in the desert, like fifty miles away from us, lasted hourrrrrrrs. We stayed up watching it all night/morning, never seen anything like it in LA. I’m just glad we were super-far away from it; I woulda lost my shit if we were in the midst of it haha.

Gorgeous. And y’all probably get near 24 hours of light up there this time of year, no? I was all stoked that there was still light in the sky at like 9pm yesterday haha…

6 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: fair play to you man, I havent gone like that for a long time.
The lightning storm sounds amazing, especially from a safe distance away.
US gets some spectacular lightning shows. Seen some crazy lightning driving through the Painted Desert in AZ one night. These weird circular pulses, sometimes in clusters, we thought it was fireworks 1st, but it continued right back to sw CO.

Not far off it, 19-20 hours, offically sunrise is 5ish at the moment, but its bright and the birds are chirping from about 4ish and theres still some light now at almost 22:45
Great fun trying to convince my little girl its still bed time when its bright at 4am :sweat_smile:.

Have you started a new log yet man?

3 Likes

Yeah, I grew up in Tampa, which is like the second-most lightning-struck place in the world, after some city in India. Or it was when I was growing up there, anyway. You don’t even really think about it when you’re a kid, but I really would lose my shit if I had to deal with that now haha. You just don’t get that kind of stuff here in LA. And I like that.

It was real weird here on the solstice and yesterday, too. The sun was out but it was raining, clouds were super-low, there was tons of lightning in the distance… And today it’s totally back to normal, hot and sunny and summer-ish. I actually texted my friend earlier this afternoon to ask her, like,”WTF was that? Did any of that actually happen?” haha. Bizarre. Never seen anything like it.

Not yet. I’m gonna take some pics tomorrow and I’ll probably start it then. I didn’t even flip until a couple days ago, just because I was worried I had aphids, been doing foliars every weeks, seems like everything’s okay now. But I’ve been taking pics and shit for the duration. Some of the plants are gonna get gigantic, for sure haha. I’ll tag you, though, I haven’t forgotten.

For once haha.

4 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy enjoying the limted summer.
We went away for a bit, kids were sick…again, our daughter decided to mix it up a bit and caught hand, foot & mouth disease, poor little fecker, but all good again.

She also told me to “fuck off” for the 1st time.
I asked her “do you want some more juice?” She just replied, “No thanks Daddy, fuck off” and when I asked what she said, she repeated it with a smile. :joy:

Anyway enough of my rambling, heres a couple of pics of where we went, its no where exciting or exotic, just the next county to us.
This is Trim Castle, its the largest Norman castle in Ireland & was used heavily for filming Braveheart back in the 90s.

17 Likes

ROFL, that’s cute af :relaxed::relaxed:
Trim castle looks adorable, it almost feels criminal to see those castle illuminated with modern day lightings lol…

6 Likes

Awesome castle pictures! Thanks for sharing🙏🏽
Now fuck off🤣

4 Likes

Yeah @alwaysnoob I know what you mean. But the town of Trim doesn’t have a lot going on besides the castle :joy:

@ElMasSabroso :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: thanks man

5 Likes

For the full moon last night I dropped some beans.
Went with Chasca from Lucky Dog & Long Bottom Leaf from Loran.
Was not easy tracking down Lorans gear.
Soaked for about 24 hours then into pots with a seedling mix.

15 Likes

I’ve never even seen straight Longbottom Leaf seeds! Really cool! :+1:
Edit cause I went back and read the whole thing, damn dude, impressive plants and space! :+1:
They’re all beautiful plants, but the fade on the blueberry hash plant is stunningly nice.

9 Likes