Freakshow Collective Seed Run [CLOSED]

I found this article:
https://autoflower-portal.net/dry-store-cannabis-seeds/

2 Likes

If you want a fast dry a couple 12 v fan pointing to the buds will speed the things up , just keep turning the buds a bit everyday, in a matter of 3 days they should be dry enough to make the labor easy.
Once dry out what I’m doing is kind of charas technique, sometimes with both of my palms or just manually grinding.

To separate the seeds from the green stuff(buds and leaves) i have a shifther tray whit two levels, one to keep seeds and stems and the other holds the rest underneath

1 Like

5 Likes

I also have a machine that basically is used to process bird food, it does blow the empty hulls to one side keeping the wholegrain in the other ,in my case it blows away to a box the green and it keeps the seeds on another tray.

You can use ether depending on the amount of seeds and time you have and also the budget, but overall I find the tray been more effective and little bit less messy that the seed processor .
Also it did cost me 2 euros and some cents

1 Like

something like this

5 Likes

Yep, actually exactly this one

2 Likes

nice, I hadn’t seen that one before. This guy has an interesting approach to it that could be easily replicated:
https://www.ebay.com/i/153938190190

here is one made out of a cardboard box:

5 Likes

Food dehydrator

3 Likes

I just have to separate the seeds from the plant matter…because of the temp drop outside we’ve had our furnace on the last couple nights. Everything is nice and crispy!! Just have to find the time to pluck seeds, weigh and bag. Then we’re ready for shipping.

I’ve had a bunch of job interviews the last while and the kids are back in school…so hoping I can get all these ready today and tomorrow and start shipping on Monday.

14 Likes

I hope you get a job that you like doing.

Take all the time you need :grinning:

1 Like

Yup, I’m gonna have to make something like this. I have definitely underestimated the time it’ll take to pick these seeds and separate from plant material. Spent an hour trying to pick them out and barely made a dent…then spent another half hour listening to my gf bitch how the whole house smells like weed now. Ugh.

6 Likes

I did some reading on this and saw someone mention that they used a hair dryer on a low setting for the air source, and also that the angle of the cardboard needs to be between 30 and 45 degrees depending on the force of the air

3 Likes

The best way is to use a large plate ( I use a big water catch tray ) i push all the material to one side and tilt it letting the seeds roll down to the other side, it takes some practice but will really speed things up, but over all cleaning up all the seeds and sorting the good from bad is a very time consuming process. The work your doing is much appreciated :+1:

8 Likes
1 Like

bit of a crazy thought… Got a screen tumbler and freezer space? Frozen would neutralize the sticky, tumble to free them…

Coarse mesh would leave you nothing but seeds in the middle…

1 Like

here is another video on the seed separator - I fast forwarded to his final design:

Here are the plans:

Here is a link to the page where i found the info, and it has more details and ideas:
https://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedcleaner.html

3 Likes

You should be able to sort out roughly 800 seeds a hour with a large tray and some practice , prob way more then that honestly once you get in the groove.

4 Likes

I am sure that @Tappy is well familiar with the age-old method of gravity cleaning with a plate or album cover, however he has stated that there are way too many seeds for that method and the buds are sticky and filled with seeds and his wife is complaining about the smell.

7 Likes

Just pack the seeds with plant matter, we’ll help you cleaning them :grin::joy:

7 Likes

Like brickweed

1 Like