Freakshow Collective Seed Run [CLOSED]

@Tappy Are there any seeds left to buy?

1 Like

I can probably send you a few of mine…just finishing getting everyones together…hoping to send out this weekend.

Probably 100-200 seeds in each bag.

Unfortunately there are some buggered up seeds that are definitely in these bags…maybe ~50% is usable…it took so much time to clean them from the plant material…I’d rather pay whatever it is to ship them and let everyone sort it out.
Seeds like this…

Not sure what this is or why it occurred…buds weren’t moldy, I let the plants go extra long to be sure the majority of seeds were mature…I have no clue.

Edit. Dont get me wrong…lots of good seeds on those bags!!

13 Likes

Ended up using 3 tubs and a disposable turkey pan with ridges to clean the seeds…everything in tub 1, shake to one side letting seeds hit the corner, remove plant material into tub 2, shake into turkey pan - plant matter gets caught up on ridges, seeds slide down ridges and to the bottom, pull plant material and put back into tub 1, scrape seeds into tub 3…repeat, like, 1,000,000 times.

6 Likes

Well they do say it’s a labor of love :heart:
Appreciate all the hard work you put in here ^^

5 Likes

If this was Jeopardy, it would be, “Tappy for the Win!!!”. Well done, Bro. Stay safe/be well.

5 Likes

Are you going to try and germinate any of the wonky looking seeds, Freakshow is a weird looking plant, maybe you will get something interesting.

8 Likes

Lol…thanks guys :relaxed:

Hmm…never gave that much thought. Those buggered seeds are completely dry and hard, just not a fully developed shell…or something. Gonna throw some into a paper towel tomorrow morning and check them out on sunday…lol…watch they all root like crazy…lol

5 Likes
  • Now bring to me all your virgin seeds and I’ll make mother’s out of them…

[ heard in canna church recently…]

2 Likes

If there are a few extras, I would love to get some. Saw it too late to sign up.

Did you have a chance to sample any?

Lots of love thanks to @Tappy

1 Like

Once they’re home you can count with them, I will send you a PM, I will have enough to share with respected members, you’ll have to thank Tappy for that … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I clean small home-batches of seed by placing threshed plants in a dish tub, then I shake the tub and blow into it. The plant material and light seed flies out and the good seed stays at the bottom. If you blow too much you will loose good seed. Building an air separator can be worth it if you have a lot of seed to clean. The learning curve running one and loss of good seed is about the same as my shake and blow method imo. I get light headed if I am cleaning more than a couple seed batches this way, though. Also, do it outside and watch your eyes.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good way to get weed everywhere…lol

5 Likes

I used this method to clean seed for the Blue Tara run. Works great but yes, eye protection is necessary haha. Material goes everywhere so I did it outside. Come springtime there were dozens of Blue Tara sprouts popping up everywhere. Seems even some of the lighter white ones had some viability.

8 Likes

Cant remember who the 10th was, but someone sent me money for Tom’s chance …
Can you all send me addresses so I can get these sent and if my plate

4 Likes

Lol… did it properly

3 Likes

hello Chris…that’d be me,

2 Likes

I’ll hold off on mine until we see if Mike has anything to say. :+1:

2 Likes