Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 10)

10 crappies with a yellow and white jig

1 Like

As for bait Iā€™m guessing catfish Bait that stinky shit

1 Like

12 panfish waxworms

1 Like

Few more minutes, no one guesses right and we will try another question :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 fish w/ a lure, if i had to guess what kind of lureā€¦ hmmā€¦ maybe a shad rap or something similar?

1 Like

Well that was a fail lol
I caught 1 catfish on an anchovie

So first one to answer the following gets the 5 pack

What is the largest living organism on our planet?

1 Like

Fungus is the biggest

7 Likes

Mycelium to be exact pretty sure

4 Likes

( i already have some white rhino on the way from you), but my guess is ā€˜the skunkā€™.

1 Like

You got it, send them deets!

2 Likes

the aspen tree

3 Likes

This is what I thought as well. Google doesnā€™t really make it any clearer without more research, but Aspen is definitely close, if not larger

2 Likes

Yeah i would officially challenge as I got aspen ha ha, were this a high school game show with a buzzer and cheerleaders and stuff

2 Likes

Show me an Aspen tree that takes up miles of space then Iā€™d agree, but a mycelium culture can

5 Likes

Have you seen the Mycelium bacon?

2 Likes

It is the Armillaria ostoyae and it can be found in Oregonā€¦ unfortunately itā€™s a parasitic fungus and causes root rot in the host treeā€¦

3 Likes

There is also the Armillaria melea found in Europe mostly associated with Olive treesā€¦ Alos being responsible for many Olive trees.

2 Likes

The largest organism in the world, according to mass, is the aspen tree whose colonies of clones can grow up to 8 kilometres (5 mi) long. The largest such colony is Pando, in the Fishlake National Forest in Utah.

A single Aspen is, much like a mushroom, actually a single body (aka fruit), extending from a gigantic organism. Each tree is a clone because they extend from the same organism!

5 Likes

Sorry dude but itā€™s the armillariaā€¦

" time you purchase white button mushrooms at the grocery store, just remember, they may be cute and bite-size but they have a relative out west that occupies some 2,384 acres (965 hectares) of soil in Oregonā€™s Blue Mountains. Put another way, this humongous fungus would encompass 1,665 football fields, or nearly four square miles (10 square kilometers) of turf.

The discovery of this giant Armillaria ostoyae in 1998 heralded a new record holder for the title of the worldā€™s largest known organism, believed by most to be the 110-foot- (33.5-meter-) long, 200-ton blue whale. Based on its current growth rate, the fungus is estimated to be 2,400 years old but could be as ancient as 8,650 years, which would earn it a place among the oldest living organisms as well." And there is still another detailā€¦ the mycelium of fungi grow in all sorts of directions, a bit like tree roots, but cover way more area than any other being.

5 Likes

Well the answer I had in my head was def mycelium since I grew mushrooms for years lol

How about another one for 5 of them white rhino beans

What time of morning/day/night was i born?

Closest one to answer by 6:05 az time (in 13 minutes) wins em

5 Likes