Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 12)

Close but no cigar. Try again. :slight_smile:

The Saugenay…Saugenay Quebec?

You were much closer before. Try Google :wink:

Oriole…Halifax NS?

Nope. Again, you were much closer before. Hint: Keep in mind there is more than one Sackville in Canada.

Sackville New Brunswick

2 Likes

HMCS Sackville began her life in the Saint John Shipyard and Dry Dock Co. Ltd in New Brunswick in 1940,

1 Like

Between the other messages and that one you pretty much nailed it.

HMCS Sackville, named after Sackville, New Brunswick. A beautiful little border town bordering NB and NS

Send me your info in DMs via privnote and I will get them out to you this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great score there bud!

1 Like

Because I like this tidbit of information and SJ is like a second home to me, you also win. Send me your deets via dm and privnote if you’re in Canada and I’ll get em out this week!

Ok, I was pathetic there. I’ve only been to Sackville, NS, never knew of the one in NB.

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s the better of the two :wink:

1 Like

Yeah but the one outside Halifax in lower Sackville has the King of Donair :wink:

1 Like

It’s all good I was playing along.
Ended up reading the entire article…
She now lies alongside the Maritime Museum in Halifax.

“The plucky corvettes and their crews hunted down any submarines by making sonar contact, then raining down depth charges in patterns designed to crush the submarine with their explosives. When this happened, there were rarely any enemy survivors.”

1 Like

KOD is great but you can get a delicious donair at pretty much any homegrown pizza place on the east coast. If passing through Sackville NB, I’d suggest stopping into Joey’s for a donair and garlic fingers. :drooling_face:

1 Like

It’s been awhile, but nothing like a donair sitting on the curb in Halifax after a night at the Liquor Dome!

3 Likes

You sure? I’m happy to gift em, this is great and extra fun added to the trivia. DM me and they’re yours if you do want em :slight_smile: you added value to the experience.

1 Like

I know but it was in NS I met the Kind of Donair himself. I liked it in NB too, I used to travel with Bill Lynch shows when I was younger so saw most places in the east.

1 Like

Whenever I see this I think LEO, or Law enforcement official!

3 Likes

Lmao the dirty dome! Haven’t been there since I was in my 20’s

2 Likes